The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

So our sweet little angel Ellie decided to eat something off the ground last night. We saw her chewing but by the time I got to her she had already swallowed it. Needless to say whatever it was did not agree with her and she was up all night getting sick. She is such a good girl she won't "do her business" in the house so she was crying to go out. So just about every 2 hours I would get up to walk her so she could do her thing. I felt so bad for her and at the same time I was exhausted. So we wake up this morning....just a few hours after our last walk and I feel like a zombie and she comes up to me with a toy basically saying "Morning mom let's play!". How does she bounce back so soon??

JB and I will be drowning ourselves in coffee today just to keep our eyes open and Ellie, the sick one, is ready to play. I am not sure if this is mildly annoying or amusing.

So our sweet little angel Ellie decided to eat something off the ground last night. We saw her chewing but by the time I got to her she had already swallowed it. Needless to say whatever it was did not agree with her and she was up all night getting sick. She is such a good girl she won't "do her business" in the house so she was crying to go out. So just about every 2 hours I would get up to walk her so she could do her thing. I felt so bad for her and at the same time I was exhausted. So we wake up this morning....just a few hours after our last walk and I feel like a zombie and she comes up to me with a toy basically saying "Morning mom let's play!". How does she bounce back so soon??

JB and I will be drowning ourselves in coffee today just to keep our eyes open and Ellie, the sick one, is ready to play. I am not sure if this is mildly annoying or amusing.

that's sad to hear about ellie, but i'm glad she's ok. i have to be honest with you, what you described sounds just like many of nights with a baby. i'm just sayin!

that's sad to hear about ellie, but i'm glad she's ok. i have to be honest with you, what you described sounds just like many of nights with a baby. i'm just sayin!

I had a feeling the situations were similar. Except I imagine I would be rocking a baby instead of walking a dog. Are babies that resilient too? Do they stay up all night sick and then by morning they are just their happy baby selves again?

I had a feeling the situations were similar. Except I imagine I would be rocking a baby instead of walking a dog. Are babies that resilient too? Do they stay up all night sick and then by morning they are just their happy baby selves again?

it all depends on what's going on, but sometimes, yes!! it's quite amazing really. it's almost like babies/toddlers hate sleep, which is something i can't comprehend.

i'm just glad that ellie feels better. she's a great dog.

she's a great dog.

Amen to that. Erica is NOT an animal person and after Saturday night she kept talking about what a great dog Ellie was and how much she liked her. My little boy might get himself a pet now! Thanks Ellie :act-up:

Glad Ellie is feeling better this morning. Sorry for you guys, but you know who runs the house so you just gotta deal with it! hehe

it all depends on what's going on, but sometimes, yes!! it's quite amazing really. it's almost like babies/toddlers hate sleep, which is something i can't comprehend.

i'm just glad that ellie feels better. she's a great dog.

Well I guess Kids and puppies are both amazing then :smile:

Thanks!! I am glad she is feeling better too. In fact she is tanning outside today while I am taking some pictures. She is actually pouting a bit because seh wants to play and doesn't understand why I am not playing with her.

Amen to that. Erica is NOT an animal person and after Saturday night she kept talking about what a great dog Ellie was and how much she liked her. My little boy might get himself a pet now! Thanks Ellie :act-up:

Haha she said you're welcome! Puppies are a lot of work but the reward is totally worth it. Ellie has a way of making people fall in love with her.

Glad Ellie is feeling better this morning. Sorry for you guys, but you know who runs the house so you just gotta deal with it! hehe

Lol you got that right this is her house and JB and I just rent space. It's all Ellie all the time.

Here she is laying outside with me today....

844558308_wTasL-L.jpg

she's looking at you like "i kept you up all night, i have the power, you weak human" haha. what a sweet dog, and boy, does she know how to follow the food around.

Welcome to parenthood!

As tired as I am I think I could handle it. If it meant having something as sweet as Ellie.

you hear that JB!!! dude, you're in trouble, and all of us with our kids and cards aren't helping, hahahaha!

JB will be moving this to the Saddy Boo Hoo thread in 3.....2......1.......

As tired as I am I think I could handle it. If it meant having something as sweet as Ellie.

you hear that JB!!! dude, you're in trouble, and all of us with our kids and cards aren't helping, hahahaha!

JB will be moving this to the Saddy Boo Hoo thread in 3.....2......1.......

You guys are right he is going to freak out if he reads this thread. It's a good thing I am normally the one who reads the random and off topic and he doesn't. Fingers crossed he doesn't see this haha.

You guys are right he is going to freak out if he reads this thread. It's a good thing I am normally the one who reads the random and off topic and he doesn't. Fingers crossed he doesn't see this haha.

good point GG, we can't have him freaking out on you!

sending JB a text right now.... j/k

Why is JB so afraid of babies? Did he get bit by one when he was younger? :D

As an animal lover Iam glad to hear Ellie is feeling better. Animals are amazing with the quick recovery.

LMAO!!!! I honestly don't know. He is GREAT with kids. He is way better with them than I am but for some reason he is scared.

Ya know, GG, accidents happen. Just sayin'.

Now you better REALLY hope JB doesn't read this thread.

LMAO!!!! I honestly don't know. He is GREAT with kids. He is way better with them than I am but for some reason he is scared.

You know, I kept telling my wife I wasnt ready, and my wife kept telling me she wanted a baby earlier than we'd agreed on. One day I come home, and she's got this look on her face, and I knew it instantly. Funny thing was, I was totally at ease about it, even giddy excited. She was the one freaking out "OMG, we're not ready yet" and "we havent even started the nursery" and such. It was quite comical.

My point is that I dont think I would have ever "felt" ready, and glad that it just "happened".

I'm not saying, just saying... :D

Spoiler
If I'm not here in a day or two, you can all suspect JB read this thread...

LMAO you all are making me laugh!! And a little scared that he will see this thread and totally freak out. I think we have a few more years before we seriously discuss kids. I will be 27 in July so hopefully I still have a few more years in me.

Well. it's that time of the year again. Milwaukee Public TV auction time. Eight days of auction board after auction board of hotel art, wildlife art, and various other crap up for bid. Mrs. Esox loves the Great TV Auction. Look at her over there. Intently watching to see what's being offered on, right now, the "A" board. Why, there's a nice office chair with a donor value of $129.

Me? Not so much.

Kevin

hey GG why not be a foster parent to see if your ready? you guys are true givers and there are SO MANY kids here in FL that just need someone to love and protect them. I never thought I could do it, but its the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. you can set parameters on how many, gender, race, age etc so they match you as close as possible. sorry for the promoting but May is National Foster Care month and I'm just trying to spread the word to as many good people as possible and mean no harm.

LMAO you all are making me laugh!! And a little scared that he will see this thread and totally freak out. I think we have a few more years before we seriously discuss kids. I will be 27 in July so hopefully I still have a few more years in me.

Back