THP FL Golf Outing

the equipment demo was off the hook! I loved the Callaway Diablo Edge driver! I hit 20+ balls with it and all were long and straight! I found my new dream driver for sure! I tried out so many putters my head was spinning! I almost wore my self out trying different drivers and irons! everything was awesome and the goodie bag was soooo cool! thanks a million THP and all the vendors who sent gear!

I have returned to Atlanta and must say THANKS to JB and GolferGal who were awesome hosts and put together a truly memorable weekend for everyone who was fortunate enough to make it there. I say fortunate enough because you will see from the posts that I know already will be put on here the fantastic time every had. I know everyone cant make these events, but those of us who did know how enjoyable it really was.

For me, I have to say I have never been on a "buddy" golf trip, but I would imagine it would leave you with the feeling I had last night of....This is ending way too soon. That is probably the best way to describe the weekend. Unfortunately, I had to leave today because bad weather was moving in and I needed to catch an earlier flight and I couldnt risk not getting for tomorrow morning.

As I mentioned, JB and Morgan were the consumate hosts and planned a weekend hackers only dream about. Meeting everyone at their home and going to the demo day, then lunch, and playing a round with some great people really gave everyone a very confortable feeling. I was paired with and got to know Smallville, AdWillingham and Hawk308. We were all had similar type games, some better at one thing than others. The exception was AdWillingham, he showed the three of us how to break down a golf course and how to place a ball near the hole from just about anywhere on the course. The guy has GAME! Smallville was just killer off the tee and matched AW off nearly every box. Hawk, well he was hitting some great approach shots once he started using his "day-glo" pink golf ball. He will have to tell you the story behind that one. Ask him how he was able to find a pink ball when it was buried in a snake hole. I enjoyed meeting tcalloway1 and our conversation on the mfgp with Biggsy and and everyone else around the table was hilarious. Ask SethO about his photo finish. That make make the rounds at some point.

The demo of the clubs was outstanding and I felt like I was at the PGA Superstore. There had to be several hundred different types of golf clubs there for us to try. Many gravitated towards the drivers which JB and GG even had interchangable shafts for those so inclined. I bet we had 100 putters to try out from mallets to answer to winged shaped devices I had never seen. The varitey was something to see.

One of the many highlights was the gift bags preapred by GG that contained so many nice presents that we could not stop thanking them for. When you stood back and really took it all in, you realize how remarkable this was feat was to pull off. The evening was topped off by a our hosts again inviting us into their wonderful home for dinner. Much love to Thanks1974 for his master of the grill skills. The way he flipped the burgers you could tell he must have a smooth release with a glof club.

Being able to sit down with those on the post and get to know them personally was probably the best part of the event for me. It is amazing how quickly you can get to know someone and feel like you have known them a long time. That is how I felt with everyone there...just good people with no phony pretenses who all seemed to be enjoying the same thing I was ....just talking all things golf.

Now a bit on our hosts. I want to personally and publically thank JB and Golfer Gal for their hospitality and creating an opportunity for us to get together. Many see and read what you do for THP, but meeting you is something else...the warmth and compassion you had for each and every THP'er there was special. I hope every THP'er gets to experience your love, compassion, and sense of humor in person at some point. It takes someone with a great heart to open yourselves and your home in the manner you did. JB was right when he said we would all see just how special Morgan really is and just how lucky he is that she said YES! But what I saw firsthand was how lucky we (THP) are to have them both.

Many blessings to them and to THP!

Wow this sounds like it was a really wonderful weekend. I am very glad everyone had such a nice time.

I will agree with you about the Edge. That driver just felt good all the way around. The number of putters was insane and I wish I had time to try more. I think I just about figured out which Seemore I want now.

I will agree with you about the Edge. That driver just felt good all the way around. The number of putters was insane and I wish I had time to try more. I think I just about figured out which Seemore I want now.

Which one are you leaning towards?

The mFGP2.

I was actually surprised since some of the others have a little more visual appeal to me. There is just something about it that really worked for me.

Edit: Now I'm not sure if I have the right name. The mallet version of the FGP.

So awesome! Cannot wait to hear all the stories I'm sure we'll get!

So awesome! Cannot wait to hear all the stories I'm sure we'll get!

i've got all the good dirt on everyone, i'm just waiting to see how much money i can extort to stay quiet (setho, this could cost you buddy, haha!

Re: THP FL Golf Outing

tcalloway1 said:
i've got all the good dirt on everyone, i'm just waiting to see how much money i can extort to stay quiet (setho, this could cost you buddy, haha!

Haha. You take pay pal?

I checked into another BW. I was going to fall asleep on the road. I thought I could make it home, but I was mistaken.

I checked into another BW. I was going to fall asleep on the road. I thought I could make it home, but I was mistaken.

glad you made that decision, that was smart. i look forward to it again this weekend man. i enjoyed it, we had a good time.

Can't wait!

This weekend was awesome! I would like to thank JB and GG for being such wonderful hosts. They provided the best bagels and cream cheese ever known to man. They allowed us to invade their house and really allowed us to have the best time ever.

I have more to type, but tapping on the iPhone is time consuming.

Have a good rest of the trip home SethO

Let me just say that thanks1974 is one of the nicest, sweetest, guys. He rocks!

That was Thanks on GG's computer by the way...hehe

GolferGal said:
I am glad you stopped then Seth better to do that. The boys are all saying "You should have stayed and had dinner with us!"

I do feel like an idiot now that i had to stop. Shame on me haha.

he didn't puke on it did he?

Wait till you see the next caption this contest.

does it involve the rental car or thanks himself? you know, i'll just wait. this will be a huge laugh.

Re: THP FL Golf Outing - Demo Items

Re: THP FL Golf Outing - Demo Items

All I can do is laugh

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm not going to say anything but, TC, you will laugh your a$$ off.

Hey Kev, I'm surprised you haven't changed your signature yet from the five hours that I last saw you. :D

I do feel like an idiot now that i had to stop. Shame on me haha.

Don't feel like an idiot because you played it safe. You did the right thing. At least you didn't blow a tire 30 minutes into you drive like me.

Was it good for the tire?
Don't feel like an idiot because you played it safe. You did the right thing. At least you didn't blow a tire 30 minutes into you drive like me.

Back