C

ChristianGolfer

Are you a member? What level membership? You like being a member?

Yes, I just pay for the basic membership, but I've been a member for more than 20 years. I've also attended 2 USGA 4 day Rules workshops at my own expense. People (especially on internet forums) love to rant off on the USGA, usually without a clue as to what they really are or what they do for the game of golf. I willingly and eagerly support their work at sustaining and improving our game.

I just joined with a basic membership. Thanks!

I'm a member and just have the basic membership :)

Ive been a member at the basic level for the past couple years. I feel that its important to support organizations like the USGA and paying for a yearly membership is the least I can do. Plus, the free hat every year is a nice little plus.

Ive been a member at the basic level for the past couple years. I feel that its important to support organizations like the USGA and paying for a yearly membership is the least I can do. Plus, the free hat every year is a nice little plus.

A free hat every year?!?! Didn't know that, I did get a new rules book, 2010-2011 :)

A free hat every year?!?! Didn't know that, I did get a new rules book, 2010-2011 :)

Maybe you have to pay your membership fees before a certain date to get the hat? Not sure, but I've got a stack of them in the hall closet, and I almost never wear them.

Yup, I got a U.S. Open hat each year. Bethpage Black in '09 and Pebble Beach this year.

What are the trade offs of joining the USGA versus joining a more local golf association, such as Southern California Golf Association?

I ask because the USGA membership fee is lower than SCGA's. But there must be more to it than just being able to play in local golf association tournaments and receive local discounts.

I got an offer to join for ten bucks which was less than the local golf store wanted for current rules book, for my ten bucks I got current rules book and a hat which fits me well so I wear it often.

Yes, I am a member and have been for several years. What the organization does is invaluable in providing structure to golf. Rules, handicapping, course rating, and their competitions. Think about it, suppose there were no course ratings and you were given the job to develop a system to allow comparison of any course in the country to any other course. Or to set up a tournament for people from all over the world. Or a system to constantly update and issue new handicap indices for golfers across the country. I think I will just pay the $$ and enjoy the benefits.

Basic Member here and I get my free hats!

Are you a member? What level membership? You like being a member?

I was a member for thirty years but stopped sending them my money when they screwed us with this ridiculous groove rule.

I was a member for thirty years but stopped sending them my money when they screwed us with this ridiculous groove rule.

BOO-YAH!!!!

I am not a member. I really see no reason to send money to an organization that really does nothing for me (not that it isn't a good thing). I have a pretty firm knowledge of the rules, and our friend Fourputt can set me straight whenever I am wrong. That, and I don't wear caps. They don't fit. Ever.

Not a member. After working the US Open and hearing the amount of money that comes from that, they dont need your cash.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I'm a basic member, I feel they do alot for the game, especially on an amateur level.

i hadnt been a member for 5 years but they had a half off deal a few weeks ago and I joined for $10 for the year. I like the little personalized bag tag. I guess i am just a dork.. Lol

Tap tap taparoo

I have had a basic membership since about 1986 and I do like getting the free hats, though I don't wear them much in the hot weather. I also am a member of the Kentucky Golf Association also at the basic level which gives you a free hat and some other things. I'm all for the good of our beloved game!

i hadnt been a member for 5 years but they had a half off deal a few weeks ago and I joined for $10 for the year. I like the little personalized bag tag. I guess i am just a dork.. Lol

Tap tap taparoo

You are not alone in your dorkiness, haha. I just joined a month ago and love my bag tag, as well as the rule book.

Back