Golf Channel Event Coverage

It's really just sad.. even when the event is running, the announcers are more concerned with talking crap than actually SHOWING play. I'm honestly happy any time that Faldo isn't announcing.

On the shows subject, I don't think I'm necessarily against them. Sure, I HATE the reruns of Haney and Pipe Dream (Burk is a douche). But I think all of use would be perfectly happy watching shows where amateurs play eachother or have challenges to complete (ie the Big Break). Heck, I never saw any of the seasons and would like to catch up! We all just want to see people whacking the ball around instead of "personalities" jabbering constantly.

Hey maybe you just hit on an idea. It could be like pinks on the speed channel. You could play somebody for their sticks. Lol

How was it today wtih Buba miked up. should have been cool. I have not see it yet. I see he had to WD.

It was a pleasant surprise to have David Feherty in the booth today. More golf with David!

And bring back the Academy series.

Hey maybe you just hit on an idea. It could be like pinks on the speed channel. You could play somebody for their sticks. Lol

Haha now that's an idea!

How was it today wtih Buba miked up. should have been cool. I have not see it yet. I see he had to WD.

They only cut to him two times. One was on the second hole where he wasn't happy with his shot shaping.. Something about him feeling stiff and not being able to hit a golf shot

Then another one where he said he had been to the hospital a couple of times for his stomach pains. He was talking to Freddie who really didn't seem too interested.

I really dig this idea ALOT!!!!

Sent from my operating system using thumbs 2.0

As far as showing more golf, I think it probably has something to do with coverage contracts. They can only show coverage from 4 - 6, or whatever. As far as showing an amature event, that would be a hard sell to advertisers, who pay the bills to cover events. I will give them credit for their early Saturday coverage of some events. As far as the non-tournament programs, they have to have something to show from Monday to Weds (can't watch re-runs of the 86 Masters EVERY DAY).

There needs to some dollars and cents reason to why they arent showing the tournament, and I cannot come up with the reason why. Is there a contracting issue or something that Im missing out on?

If there is a thread on it already than I apologize.

I think you answered your question in your initial post. All of us on this forum love golf, that is obvious, and the Golf Channel dosen't care about us. They know that we will watch Golf on TV whether its Rush or The Masters. They make their money and viewership by drawing in the casual fan (the guy that maybe plays 4-5 times a year with his dads old clubs). These casual fans are what make up the majority of TV viewership for every channel..."Ohhh hey lets watch that Rush Limbaugh asshole try to get out of this bunker"........"Ohhh hey Bobby Flay is battling some awesome cupcake maker." These people have no direct passion for either food nor golf. They watch it to be entertained and at the end of the day the big Execs at CBS, Golf Channel, and even the food network are quoting 'Gladiator', saying, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED"???

I will again quote another great philosopher, Seaneus "Puffious" Combs...... "It's all about the Benjamins baby!"

Maybe they could do a cross over with food network. Do playing lessons with the Pros with cooks from FN, and then have the Pros get cooking lessons :D

Maybe they could do a cross over with food network. Do playing lessons with the Pros with cooks from FN, and then have the Pros get cooking lessons :D

I can only image it would end up looking something like this...

GolfCake-792772.jpg

I wish they showed coverage from practice rounds. Just to see whos playing with who, how they practice, when they use the discs to learn the greens. Id watch it almost every week.

I would too, problem is other than golf forum members interest is probably not worth the return. It would be pretty cool to see pros try things they wouldn't try in tournament play too

I would too, problem is other than golf forum members interest is probably not worth the return. It would be pretty cool to see pros try things they wouldn't try in tournament play too

How many people watch Haney and Pipe dreams 706 times? Gotta to be the same # or lower than would watch this kind of coverage

How many people watch Haney and Pipe dreams 706 times? Gotta to be the same # or lower than would watch this kind of coverage

That's a good point, but it's still easier to get advertisers and cover costs to produce those shows...

I expect its the cost. Gotta be cheap to rerun Rush or Pipe as compared to sending crews to cover tournaments or practice rounds.

I'd watch the vendor vans, the practice green, range almost anything rather than some of this stuff.

I have to disagree with some responders though - I like Michael Breed.

I think I would rather watch paint dry then have to listen to Rush Limbaugh talk about how much he loves him self and his s!@#$y game

I think I would rather watch paint dry then have to listen to Rush Limbaugh talk about how much he loves him self and his s!@#$y game

Hysterical Ogie. Do you mind listening to me talk about my s!@#$y game...LOL? When you coming to NC to play some golf?

I guess I kind of liked the Haney project. I've only seen the Romano and Limbaugh seasons. But then again, I never watch the reruns, once I've seen it, I don't need to see it again.

Reality TV sells. I'm surprised Golf Channel hasn't round up Tiger's many gfs, put them all in one million dollar house, and then locked the doors.

On the amateur golf topic. Since they promote the AMTOUR so hard, and charge so much for it, why not broadcast it? I wouldn't expect it to be live. Take a one day event and condense it down to 1 or 2 hours. Maybe, 3-4 hours for a major tournament.

Oh wait, I know why they don't do that. Because they make it so expensive, that in places like Iowa, only 20 people signed up, and normally, only 12 people played in a given tournament. That wouldn't be that fun to watch.

Going to try for June Yorkem and no i don't mind hearing about your game speak bro

That will be awesome!!! Then you and Chunkylover can both kick my butt all over the course. As for my game, after Saturday, I have none.

That will be awesome!!! Then you and Chunkylover can both kick my butt all over the course. As for my game, after Saturday, I have none.

Sorry to hear about Saturday. Your game will come back to ya, Head down and swing smooth

Sorry to hear about Saturday. Your game will come back to ya, Head down and swing smooth

Sorry it took me so long to reply, my Dad came down and I was not online for 5 days. I know it will come back, I just need to hit the range.

Back