What Are Your Putter Specs?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
We discuss the importance of club fitting but not often do we talk about the putter. Another thread go me thinking about it.

For those who have been fitted, what are your specs? Here are mine (had to be special ordered):

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2
Style: Blade
Length: 35-inches
Loft: 4º
Lie: 69º
Head Weight: 340 grams

Length: 33.5
Loft: 3-4*
Lie: 67-68* (EXTREMELY low hands)
Weight: 355-380 depending on greenspeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I feel that putter specs can be too much information for someone to worry about.

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Corsa Ghost
Length: 35 inches
Loft: 5* (1* weak from standard)
Lie: 68* (2* flat from standard)
Weight: 345 grams

I was fitted for this putter at the Taylormade Performance Lab. I have always had a pretty significant forward press on my putting stroke, so I need more loft than standard so that the ball comes off the face rolling instead of being driven into the ground. I firmly believe that putter fitting is important because people will compensate with their stroke if the putter is not fitted correctly, which can then lead to a lack of confidence with the putter, and that's just asking for a downward spiral.

Moved to fitting section

33" length
2* flat, so 69* lie (depending company standard)
3* loft
360g weight

My new Nead came with a 35" shaft, 3* loft and 71* lie. I may have adjusted, but waiting to see how I like things. Gene sent an extra shaft and grip so I can change the length when ready.

Putter: SeeMore mFGP Carbon Steel
Length: 34"
Loft: 2.5*
Lie: 70*
Head Weight: 335g

Putter: SeeMore m1
Head Weight: 335g

Putter: Yes! Valerie
Style: Mid Mallet
Head Weight: 355g

Putter: Yes! Nicky
Lie: 72*
Head Weight: 350g

For me;
70* lie
3* loft
34" length
320/330 gram headweight

I'm old school with weight.

Personally, I feel that putter specs can be too much information for someone to worry about.

I was originally that way, and with loft and weight I somewhat still am. But finding the correct lie angle has helped me a ton with the type of stance and swing I have.

But it's different for all, that's why I love putters!

The correct lie angle has helped me as well. I feel the putter is much more square at setup.

I was originally that way, and with loft and weight I somewhat still am. But finding the correct lie angle has helped me a ton with the type of stance and swing I have.

But it's different for all, that's why I love putters!

I completely agree about the lie angle and stupid me, I gave Gene all my stats except that one, lol. No idea where my head was. Weight is also very important to me, along with the proper loft. I simply don't put a good roll on the ball with more than 3*.

Length- 35 in
Loft- 3*
Lie- 70*
weight 345-350g

Heavy Putter Mid Weight Series L3 Putter
Technical Specifications:
Finish: Satin
Lengths 33"
Total Putter Weight = +/- 900 grams
Head Weight = +/- 465 grams
Proprietary Steel Shaft
Custom Winn Mid-Size Grip
Stainless Steel Material
CNC Milled Face
Loft = 3°
Lie Angle = 70°

45", red dot. No idea about weight etc. :curl-lip:

35"
70* Lie
2.5* Lie
340g Weight
303 sst Satin Finish w/ TPU Insert

and my putter has RST (rifle scope technology)

33"
360g
70*
4*
golf pride full cord.

i used to go as short as 29" but have found my home at 33". i always cut them down myself so became attached to lead tape. then that arsehole SC came out with adjustable weights so i gave that a whirl. lurv it. but then those arseholes at odyssey came out with a BLack Series TOur #9 with no insert at 33"....

fml.

35"
340g
71º

I like a regular sized grip. I have tried midsized grips and I don't like them as much

Chris Aoki #4 Head Model (thin anser style blade with no top or back line)
36" in length
68 degree lie
3 degree loft
S-bend medium offset hosel
True Temper stepless putter shaft - SST Pured
Crossline Cord small paddle grip

Chris Aoki #4 Head Model (thin anser style blade with no top or back line)
36" in length
68 degree lie
3 degree loft
S-bend medium offset hosel
True Temper stepless putter shaft - SST Pured
Crossline Cord small paddle grip

I have to ask Bobby, do you really see a difference in a pured shaft on a putter? Also, how tall are you, that seems like a lot of shaft? At 5'6" I've found 68* lie with a 3* loft to work good for me, but only 33" shaft and I still grip rather low.

I would have to say that the pured shaft makes quite a bit of difference for me. My putter has no insert yet because the shaft was pured to only flex back and forth, and yes putter shafts do flex, this putter is the softest feeling putter I have ever putted with, regardless of insert. I am 5-11 and 36 inches in length seems quite long but that is where I see the line best from. In other words, I can line my putter up to the target at that length where anything shorter (or longer for that matter) is off line. I am right eye dominant too so that plays a factor as well.

Thanks for the info. It seem's that when I get too upright or high on the grip I start missing right. Likewise, when I get too low my misses are left. I still have to find my spot each time, but a 33" 1/2 offset plumbers neck and insert on my old Slotline seems to fit right for me.

What you are saying is correct. There is a posture for each player that will allow them to best see the line correctly. One of the most over looked areas to putting setup I see is that not many players know just how far away from the ball they stand. That is the first measurement I write down once a head model and posture are established. I am 1 and 3/4 putter heads away from the ball. I know from that distance away from the ball that if my putter head is flat on the ground (and it should be if the putter is fitted correctly because a if the toe is up the putter will look left and the heel up the putter will look right), my hands will be in the correct place and therefore my arms and posture will be correct also. It's pretty simple really.

Back