Wilson Staff Travel Package

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys. I won this set of luggage during the recent 19 Days of Giveaways and thought I would post some pictures and initial thoughts on the product. Included in the package was 1 Travel Bag, 1 Wheel Bag, and 1 Back Pack.

Travel Bag:
Well this is my first experience with a travel bag. Never had one and can't remember the last time I traveled with my golf clubs other then driving. This thing is tremendous. Massive in size with every imaginable storage compartment you can think of. Straps on the inside hold your clubs snugly and straps on the outside secure it even more.
I know it's a crazy thing to say but I am blown away by the quality of the zippers on this. They are huge. The fabric is top notch. Seems very strong and I can't imagine this ripping unless you shot it. The wheels are amazing. Rides like a Porsche. If I could say anything negative(and I really can't as it's the company colors) I am not a big fan of red. A Duke blue would have been sweet! Yeah that's right TC. Blue Devils baby!!

Wheel Bag:
Everything I said about the travel bag slides right over to the Wheel Bag. Once again I can't say enough about the quality of all the parts on this bag. The zippers are the nicest zippers I've ever seen on luggage. The fabric is real tough. A nice amount of compartments for everything you need to pack. The wheels on this bag are sick. They look like all terrain tires or something. One other thing I tried to capture in the pictures is the thickness of the rubber on the name tag holder. Wilson Staff did not skimp at all in making these bags

Maybe a con could be that it is a little small. I have not used it yet so I can't really say that definitively. I am not a good packer though and I can see this being a challenge for something longer then a weekend. Hmm there seems to be a weekend golf outing coming up that I can test this luggage at. Is it May yet?

Back Pack:
Don't know why but I've always been a back pack guy. I just love them. Yes I was the nerd in high school with a back pack. Yes I was the nerd in college with the back pack. This is the finest back pack I've ever owned.
Every back pack I've had has ripped due to poor fabric. I can't imagine this one ripping. This fabric is tough. Almost rough to the touch. Compartments all over this thing.
There are no cons for this. I love it. This will be my new carry on luggage for any travel I have to do. Well maybe the Duke blue would have been sweet. :blob:

Overall thought is that these are amazing pieces of luggage. If you are in the market I would highly suggest you take a look at these. Thanks again to :wilsonstaff: and :thp:

0381280x768.jpg

0401280x768.jpg

0411280x768.jpg

0421280x768.jpg

0431280x768.jpg

0491280x768.jpg

0501280x768.jpg

0511280x768.jpg

0521280x768.jpg

0521280x768.jpg

0541280x768.jpg

0551280x768.jpg

0561280x768.jpg

0571280x768.jpg

0581280x768.jpg

0591280x768.jpg

0601280x768.jpg

0611280x768.jpg

0621280x768.jpg

0631280x768.jpg

0641280x768.jpg

0651280x768.jpg

0651280x768.jpg

0691280x768.jpg

0661280x768.jpg

Awesome prize set CL. I am a travel bag guy and I have to say I LOVE the Wilson Staff travel bag.

Good stuff CL. Does your wife know your screen name? Everytime I see it I giggle.

Great job Chunky, looks like little Chunky is ready for a trip, lol. Congrats on the set.

Awesome pics CL! Love that you stuffed your kid in there. I love the red color myself, lol.

Thanks for taking some time out for the pics and write up.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

CL,

The travel bags look high quality, amazing photos. It appears your clubs and gear will arrive safely. Thanks for sharing.

More pics please,nahhh j/k.That set looks to be made extremely well.I'd bet if it had Mizuno or titleist they would sell plenty of them.

I LOVE all the pictures and the write up. I am so glad you like the prizes. And I especially love the pictures of your little boy in the bag that's hilarious! Now you have all your travel gear set for outing. :smile:

Congrats on the win!!!

Congrats man, what a great prize.

Congrats on the win CL, this was one of my favorite prizes in the 19 days contest. I'm with you on the backpack part too, I think that thing looks sweet. When you walk through an airport, or even PGA National with all that WS gear people might think you are a pro! Love the picture of your kid playing wii from the travel bag.

Congrats on the win again Chunkylover! Nice write-up and loved the pics!

That really is a great looking set of luggage. I'm really impressed by the club travel bag. Overall, the fit and finish looks amazing.

Now book a flight, pack your bags, pay the luggage fee, and give us a post TSA report!

Great pics CL. This is a great set up you have and it looks to be a very high quality. You are ready for any trip now.

PS. Love those G15's in the bag.

SMG

Great pics, CL. That looks like a great travel set. Glad to know it's going to get some good use soon!

Congrats again CL!! Awesome win! I love seeing pics and you did not disappoint my friend!! Well done!

Great pics. Congrats on the prize!

Good looking travel set , and appears well designed , Congrats !

I know a few of people were talking about travel bags, so I thought I would bump another one that is really really good.
Yorkem's friend won this one for the holiday contest we did and put up some great pics.
You can see in these pictures that his young son is taller than him already.

I'm such a homer. I got the luggage as part of Father's Day. Everything except the club bag.

Glad this got bumped up. I should have posted in here after the outing. I did not get to use the travel bag for my clubs as I drove down there. I did use the wheel bag and it was awesome. Fit a lot more stuff than I thought it would. I would highly recommend this set to anyone in the market

Those bags are sweet! Glad you found a use for the wheelbag.

But CL.. this means you have to go play golf somewhere far away now so you can use the travel bag!

Back