It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

anyone know if a golf bag is an oversized/overweight bag?? or just a checked bag???
I am looking at the following:
It would be a 14 hour drive for me so that is out of the question,,
I am looking at tickets from a couple of different places.......
I live in Huntsville, AL (Delta $243 + $25 #1 + $35 #2) = $303
Bham is 90 minutes south (SWA - $240 no fees)
Nashville is 90 minutes north (SWA - $279 no fees)
Atlanta is 3.5 hours SE (Airtran - $150 + $15 #1 + $25 #2) = $190

decisions, decisions.....

bama

Bama,

The Delta and Airtran both count golf clubs as a regular checked bag. Delta has also sometimes waived the checked bag fee if the gate is crazy and the gate agent doesn't want to deal with it. I have also found a piece of chocolate goes a long, long way with gate/check in agents :angel:

Looking forward to golfing with you in Sept!

I like the way you think Mary

Thanks! I can't wait to down a few with all you in Sept. If I didn't need my suitcase between now and then I think I'd start packing tomorrow!

Bama,

The Delta and Airtran both count golf clubs as a regular checked bag. Delta has also sometimes waived the checked bag fee if the gate is crazy and the gate agent doesn't want to deal with it. I have also found a piece of chocolate goes a long, long way with gate/check in agents :angel:

Looking forward to golfing with you in Sept!

Thanks for the info Mary....Looking forward to meeting you.....

Thanks! I can't wait to down a few with all you in Sept. If I didn't need my suitcase between now and then I think I'd start packing tomorrow!

Same here.. mine is packed for my trip to NYC tomorrow, but when I get back it'll be ready for Florida!!! :alien2:

cool I thought I was the only one who started packing already! :act-up:

cool I thought I was the only one who started packing already! :act-up:

Right now I am far more worried about making my game presentable than I am about packing... :)
Irons (almost) check
Driver (Hell in a hand-basket recently)

oh I hear that too Gus! but thats why they call it the Hackers Paradise! btw hope your still not homeless?!

Right now I am far more worried about making my game presentable than I am about packing... :)
Irons (almost) check
Driver (Hell in a hand-basket recently)

oh I hear that too Gus! but thats why they call it the Hackers Paradise! btw hope your still not homeless?!

Only partially... I have a placce to stay until July 1st (when my current job ends and having a place until then has only been a recent development) from there I'll be in a new job somewhere in Ohio( or Illinois, or Indiana, or Pennsylvania or...) I can't book my flight until I know what airports to be looking at.

heres hoping you get a job in FL so you dont have to fly anywhere!

Just a word of advice for those of you that have never been a THP outing. Some people just can't handle them. Mix equal parts fun and friends and mass quantities of alcohol and some people just blow it, literally. They get all crazy.

Just pace yourselves and try to not let the fun hit you too hard.

I am the first one to have to watch it...I am telling my wife all about this and I am grinning like it's my first date...Hey hon, if you don't want to demo clubs for 5 hours (she looked at me like I was insane) you can hit the spa and play an afternoon round. I guess I came across like I was all jacked up on mountain dew and she said, when is this thing, september...I said, yep. She said aren't you even excited about my birthday trip to disney this weekend. I said, hon, oh yeah, I almost forgot about that...LOL

I am the first one to have to watch it...I am telling my wife all about this and I am grinning like it's my first date...Hey hon, if you don't want to demo clubs for 5 hours (she looked at me like I was insane) you can hit the spa and play an afternoon round. I guess I came across like I was all jacked up on mountain dew and she said, when is this thing, september...I said, yep. She said aren't you even excited about my birthday trip to disney this weekend. I said, hon, oh yeah, I almost forgot about that...LOL

I would be careful biggsy- couches aren't that comfortable to sleep on (ask Tiger about his neck sometime)...

Just a word of advice for those of you that have never been a THP outing. Some people just can't handle them. Mix equal parts fun and friends and mass quantities of alcohol and some people just blow it, literally. They get all crazy.

That right there is a great post....I almost spit out my coffee.

I made up for it by giving her the best sex of her life last night (Roy from the Office)

Hey hon, if you don't want to demo clubs for 5 hours (she looked at me like I was insane) you can hit the spa and play an afternoon round.

I told my wife the EXACT SAME THING!!!! Maybe we can get a bulk deal at the spa ;)

I made up for it by giving her the best sex of her life last night (Roy from the Office)

See the Tour Course thread for more details...

Sorry JB, back on topic.

Is Crucker coming down for this outing?

thanks Gray and Kelly..
I was actually looking at flying out on Thursday for a Friday round and flying back late Monday so I could get in a Monday Round....

We are flying out Friday a.m. and departing Monday so maybe still some time for a Friday afternoon round :eek:)........

I might take one of your hands JB.....I see too many people enjoying them while playing golf and I wonder what all the hubub is about..
I dont smoke, but a cigar on a special occasion might be the ticket...

I will stick to my cigs!

ah biggsy, you're a riot man! i'm often told that i look like roy from the office, it's quite irritating how much i hear it.

you're right though, if you aren't careful the demo sessions can wear a man out, but that's cool, i'll do it anyway.

Just an update on my end: BF wants to go, but he can't afford his way, but I can afford mine, SO we're going to wait a month or two before we book our airfare :(

Tell that guy that he needs to come! I want to meet a Tim McGraw look alike.

Edit: Biggsy, you are cracking me up man! Reputation added.

Eggshells, man. At least you had some smoothness carry over. I probably sounded like Beavis and Butthead.

Enjoy your trip to our neck of the woods and say happy birthday to Mrs. Biggsy as well.

Back