Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, apparently, tuition is increasing by $400 per semester at my college effective Fall 2010. I'm glad I graduate this Summer. I've seen about 2 tuition increases and 2 new "institution fee" increases in 2 years. I guess $400 million in proposed legislative educational cuts will have that effect on universities.

Put it his way at least you don't have to wait on line anymore just to renew. I remember those days and I swear I could go postal just waiting... and waiting... and waiting. We all have those moments and it's like golf... minimize your losses. :D

You are correct about that, it is definitely better than waiting in line.

Man, you people need to experience California. My wife has a car worth around 12,000, and registration for 1 year was $250.

Does that include the property tax?

My two trucks cost about $300-350 a year total for both registration and property tax.

Man, you people need to experience California. My wife has a car worth around 12,000, and registration for 1 year was $250.

What sucked was (back then) the yearly checks. We had those in Jersey as well and I had to take a full day off just to get my stupid car inspected. Would I be right to assume that you guys and Jersey and NY are probably the highest car care costs in the 50? (between insurance, inspection, registration, etc.)

I thought about that but for some reason I thought if I got a new car I would have to pay for a new registration and I am hoping to have a new car within the next year. Of course now I realize I probably could just transfer the tag but oh well it's too late now. I have my ditsy moments....truth be told I have more of those than anything else.

I think its everywhere. My car registration has to be renewed in March and it was as much as a car payment. It was a lot!! I'm pretty sure its the same for DL here as well, and mine expires this year :sad:

Does that include the property tax?

My two trucks cost about $300-350 a year total for both registration and property tax.

You are probably right, Smalls. The amount varies according to vehicle value...

You are probably right, Smalls. The amount varies according to vehicle value...

Possibly. In Kansas we pay them both at the same time. In Missouri you pay your car registration at one time and your car property tax with your house property tax at another time.

this month for Kansas I owe
87 Dodge Dakota $73.50
94 Dodge Dakota $73.00
97 Dodge Intrepid $90.96
08 Dodge Ram $428.84

california dmv is ridiculous... for the exact same suv... im paying 1/3 of that here in va... dont even get me started on hawaii... lolz

california dmv is ridiculous... for the exact same suv... im paying 1/3 of that here in va... dont even get me started on hawaii... lolz

We're poor in CA what can I say? They need our money :crying:

Before I got my current car I was leasing my previous car and paid my 2010 registration when I had the car 1 week after my registration was due and I still had to pay for the full amount and the DMV wouldn't even consider giving me a partial refund because I had already attached the stickers. You've got to be kidding me, so if I didn't attach the stickers, then I would've been able to get a refund!! But I had to have the stickers attached to show that I had current plates :nono: Arnold I'm sure is enjoying the few hundred dollars I had to pay just for a lousy week!!

My mashed potatoes were too thick and I didn't let the meat loaf rest long enough. When I cut into it, about a gallon of liquid gushed out. Thus the meat loaf was dry.

Kevin

My mashed potatoes were too thick and I didn't let the meat loaf rest long enough. When I cut into it, about a gallon of liquid gushed out. Thus the meat loaf was dry.

Kevin

Im actually okay with dry meatloaf.

Kevin

Me too. Nothing a little ketchup and bbq sauce can't cure.

Official Rant of the Day Thread

Esox said:

Kevin
Mashed potatoes can never be too thick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made some package gravy so it was okay, but I fear the leftovers will make crumbly sandwiches. And I made a big ol' meat loaf.

Kevin

I made some package gravy so it was okay, but I fear the leftovers will make crumbly sandwiches. And I made a big ol' meat loaf.

Kevin

Why is packet gravy so darn good? Perhaps better for another thread being as though im not ranting about it.

Anything Knorr is bueno. Dog gone it!

There I made it kind of a rant.

Kevin

Kevin

They actually make a good hollindaise and bearnaise. I hate the McCormick.

They actually make a good hollindaise and bearnaise.

I agree. Of course I believe each starts with about a stick of butter, and butter is just good.

And I mean it!!! Still ranting.

Kevin

I agree. Of course I believe each starts with about a stick of butter, and butter is just good.

And I mean it!!! Still ranting.

Kevin

Why would you make a package gravy when you could have made a veloute sauce with the juice that gushed out and some beef broth?

Why would you make a package gravy when you could have made a veloute sauce with the juice that gushed out and some beef broth?

You do know this was a meat loaf, right? When it gushed out, it was kind of gray.

Kevin

Kevin

Knorr is fabulous.

My rant is that they no longer make whatever it was pasta sauce I liked so much. Garlicky and not too thick.

everytime i "fix" one part of my game... two other parts go in the crapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back