It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

it's on my list of things to do today.....I'm going to check with my corporate travel dept. to see if I can swing a favor or two as well...

Do I need to make a call.

thanks GG! everyone seems to love it and have sent me PM's like 'avatar of the year!' Cannonball Run I&II are some of my fave movies....
I can't stop lauging at your avatar!

Found a super cheap flight, looking for a roomate. that is staying fri night, sat night, sunday night

Found a super cheap flight, looking for a roomate. that is staying fri night, sat night, sunday night

Who did you find it with? AC?

Try to fly out of Montana?

Montana has never been an option. AC flies to Calgary and then to Newark. It arrives in WPB at almost midnight. I've got my eye on Continental through Houston which has been fluctuating in price. Sometimes it's cheaper than AC and arrives late afternoon in WPB. A lot of people have been saying to hold off until June or so to buy tickets. At any rate, I've got my eye on it so we'll see what happens.

Montana has never been an option. AC flies to Calgary and then to Newark. It arrives in WPB at almost midnight. I've got my eye on Continental through Houston which has been fluctuating in price. Sometimes it's cheaper than AC and arrives late afternoon in WPB. A lot of people have been saying to hold off until June or so to buy tickets. At any rate, I've got my eye on it so we'll see what happens.

All I will say to that is that if the tix go up and skyrocket due to selling fast to travellers, it will kill your trip. So be careful and if you find something in your budget take it.

That was the story with me last outing.

All I will say to that is that if the tix go up and skyrocket due to selling fast to travellers, it will kill your trip. So be careful and if you find something in your budget take it.

That was the story with me last outing.

I'm taking a huge gamble waiting to purchase my flights until the BF's ready...:nailbiting:

I'm taking a huge gamble waiting to purchase my flights until the BF's ready...:nailbiting:

Guys and Gals, if you are still not 100% sure that you are coming, do not opt in and hold a reservation. While we want as many to be able to make it as they can, if for some reason they are now unsure, please email us and let us know so that we can take you off of the confirmed list. Thanks.

The two of us are for sure going to be there :) We just can't purchase our flights yet!

Guys and Gals, if you are still not 100% sure that you are coming, do not opt in and hold a reservation. While we want as many to be able to make it as they can, if for some reason they are now unsure, please email us and let us know so that we can take you off of the confirmed list. Thanks.

That's exactly what we are doing. We want to come but we don't know where we are going to be when the time comes so I'm hoping there is still some spots open when we know if we can make it or not.

That's exactly what we are doing. We want to come but we don't know where we are going to be when the time comes so I'm hoping there is still some spots open when we know if we can make it or not.

You better make it there Smalls!

Silly question: Which would be better to bring, a cart bag or a stand bag? :confused2:

The two of us are for sure going to be there :) We just can't purchase our flights yet!

What happens if the flights double in price over the next month?

Silly question: Which would be better to bring, a cart bag or a stand bag? :confused2:

Personal preference really.

Let me preface my statement and say it was not directed at you personally Golf Chick. ANd it is not a big deal right now as we still have plenty of spots, but as we move closer, I want to make sure people understand taht if they cannot make it, or are still unsure because of travel costs, make sure you do not confirm quite yet. COnfirmation is our way of notifying the resort of exactly how many rooms to hold. It is also for us to determine how much food we are purchasing for the THP Dinner. There is more to it than just saving a spot. We want to make sure that each person has the time of their life and that everybody that is confirming is actually coming.

JB is right about airfare. It is in constant state of flux. Perfect example this AM. I have to go to Houston next Tuesday for three days. Got into office this morning, looked at flights: $498 RT. Got distracted by some nonsense (i.e. the non-golf related work I HAVE to do to pay for my greens fees, addiction to golf clubs, balls, accessories for bags, and visors), and now my flight is going to cost $756 :dohanim:

If you don't know about sidestep.com (owned by Kayak but seems to find cheaper airfares for some reason), or mobissimo (http://www.mobissimo.com/) take a look at them. They are airfare finder sites that take a look at all the airline and travel sites at once.

Reactions: JB

Normally I would say cart bag but if you are looking for less weight for travel purposes you might want to go with a stand bag they are normally (not always but normally) lighter.

JB is right about airfare. It is in constant state of flux. Perfect example this AM. I have to go to Houston next Tuesday for three days. Got into office this morning, looked at flights: $498 RT. Got distracted by some nonsense (i.e. the non-golf related work I HAVE to do to pay for my greens fees, addiction to golf clubs, balls, accessories for bags, and visors), and now my flight is going to cost $756 :dohanim:

If you don't know about sidestep.com (owned by Kayak but seems to find cheaper airfares for some reason), or mobissimo (http://www.mobissimo.com/) take a look at them. They are airfare finder sites that take a look at all the airline and travel sites at once.

I've heard of those and I'll keep them in mind. I just double checked flights and they're still at $147 each way!!

I've heard of those and I'll keep them in mind. I just double checked flights and they're still at $147 each way!!

BUY!!!!! Go to the bank and take out a loan if you have to. I can't believe that price.

Great tips. As I mentioned earlier, while some believe that the "prime time" is 45-60 days out, according to our friend at Delta, there really is not a prime time. It can be anytime based on travelers. He said normally the earlier the better. However with that being said, if the flights do NOT fill up, the airlines will adjust the price accordingly. But be warned, according to him, finding flights to FL in Sept to West Palm closer to the date of the outing for less is going to be a very close call.

Back