LOST ****Spoilers Alert****

It did explain a lot but it's too late in the game to have episodes that don't involve te core cast.

I was off that bandwagon a loooooong time ago. But I do think the light is a little play on God.

It kinda does though. You have Smokey who desperately wants to leave the island (Jack in the very beginning), Jacob who wants to go but can't (Locke in the beginning) so there is a dichotomy there and now the roles have been reversed where Jack is acting the 'Jacob' part and Locke is literally Smokey.

Oh and it's not God until he tells Kent to stop playing with himself (Real Genius reference).

I thought that episode blew chunks. Boring and like thanks said, all late to the game.

I thought that episode blew chunks. Boring and like thanks said, all late to the game.

I agree, we finally watched it last night and the whole time I was going "What the heck?!?" yeah...I gave up, early this season to try figuring it out and just watch the episodes to watch them. I get a headache trying to figure out what's going on.

Smokey guy still has no name, huh? So what lies at the foot (or whatever) of the statue is that light source. Who cares about the light?? haa haa, what does it do and what happened to it now? Very interesting though...

But it did answer a question though!! I don't remember the first season when Jack found the pebbles, BUT I did remember the 2 skeletons (which were Smokey and his "mom"). But I still don't understand where she came from in all this :confused2: and what happened to all the kids in the very beginning!!

WAIT!! So the very last episode is going to be May 23? That's a Sunday!!

very good possibilty tdinbr. i've also read that darlton is a huge dante' fan so that would also make sense. who knows really, that's the beauty of this show. i was thinking back about so many episodes that just seem so irrelevant now. like, why even have mr. echo, what was the point? why did the smoke monster go after echo so much and noone else? i could keep going but it's pointless.

Agreed. I didn't like the way they handled Mr. Eko at all and if Lapidus goes out from getting hit by a door.....that's just lame. Ol' Frank deserved better than that.

Agreed. I didn't like the way they handled Mr. Eko at all and if Lapidus goes out from getting hit by a door.....that's just lame. Ol' Frank deserved better than that.

exactly! it's like they've used 2-3 seasons of "filler", it drives me crazy. i actually loved eko, his back story, and now to put it into perspective, it's not relevant at all.

exactly! it's like they've used 2-3 seasons of "filler", it drives me crazy. i actually loved eko, his back story, and now to put it into perspective, it's not relevant at all.

It is to a degree. All the side stories do have an effect on the main story line but in differing degrees. Let's use Eko's storyline for an example... they needed to add his storyline because the plane his brother came in. That plane had 3 effects on the storyline 1) It killed Boone 2) It partly pieced Locke's personality of not leaving the island and giving him determination to dig out the hatch 3) it cured Charlie from drug addiction. In the grand scheme of things you had to explain that or else folks would have been saying where the hell did this plane come from just like the Black Rock story but they decided to delve into it more by adding the Eko character who was brought to the island to find salvation just like Charlie which connects both to that plane and Eko's brother.

I thought of this as well and decided that I took the dumbest characters on the show with the highest probability of being non-contriburtory to the story line and it still had a little impact. I took Nikki and Paolo which to many were the dumbest characters on the show (unfortunate because I actually know some of Nikki's family which is another story in itself) and found out what their "role" was in the story. Do you know that other than working to find Ben on the island, Miles was driven to go because of Nikki and Paolo and their storyline which was explained just recently? And you know that Miles' character has an integral part of the story.

That's the best part of this show is that no matter how inane the pretense is, there is always a purpose which almost always leads back to the main story arc, which now looks like it's being explained in an ABC format.

Also, did you guys notice the location of the 'light'? It's where the future temple will be built and the 'jacuzzi' that 'saves' Ben, Claire, Sayid is the stream. I'm getting a path that connects all these folks but I haven't put a finger on it yet but it has something to do with being saved in the 'jacuzzi' and self sacrifice for the betterment of the island. I'll let y'all know if I come up with anything crazy.

that does make a lot of sense spank. do you think that the writer's had all of this planned out or do you think that they just fly by the seat of their pants?

It is to a degree. All the side stories do have an effect on the main story line but in differing degrees. Let's use Eko's storyline for an example... they needed to add his storyline because the plane his brother came in. That plane had 3 effects on the storyline 1) It killed Boone 2) It partly pieced Locke's personality of not leaving the island and giving him determination to dig out the hatch 3) it cured Charlie from drug addiction. In the grand scheme of things you had to explain that or else folks would have been saying where the hell did this plane come from just like the Black Rock story but they decided to delve into it more by adding the Eko character who was brought to the island to find salvation just like Charlie which connects both to that plane and Eko's brother.

I thought of this as well and decided that I took the dumbest characters on the show with the highest probability of being non-contriburtory to the story line and it still had a little impact. I took Nikki and Paolo which to many were the dumbest characters on the show (unfortunate because I actually know some of Nikki's family which is another story in itself) and found out what their "role" was in the story. Do you know that other than working to find Ben on the island, Miles was driven to go because of Nikki and Paolo and their storyline which was explained just recently? And you know that Miles' character has an integral part of the story.

That's the best part of this show is that no matter how inane the pretense is, there is always a purpose which almost always leads back to the main story arc, which now looks like it's being explained in an ABC format.

Also, did you guys notice the location of the 'light'? It's where the future temple will be built and the 'jacuzzi' that 'saves' Ben, Claire, Sayid is the stream. I'm getting a path that connects all these folks but I haven't put a finger on it yet but it has something to do with being saved in the 'jacuzzi' and self sacrifice for the betterment of the island. I'll let y'all know if I come up with anything crazy.

And I remember that smokey couldn't enter the temple and maybe its because he's from there...

So, the smoke is now the smoke? I've always thought it was Jacob's brother that was the smoke guy, but since his body is dead, is the black smoke just black smoke now not inhabiting anyone's body? I'm soooo confused still!!

that does make a lot of sense spank. do you think that the writer's had all of this planned out or do you think that they just fly by the seat of their pants?

Majority planned, minority seat of pants. Seat of pants = little mundane stuff like how are we going to explain that stupid plane that drops off all the Dharma rations to the beach even though all the Dharma folks have been dead for years.

And I remember that smokey couldn't enter the temple and maybe its because he's from there...

So, the smoke is now the smoke? I've always thought it was Jacob's brother that was the smoke guy, but since his body is dead, is the black smoke just black smoke now not inhabiting anyone's body? I'm soooo confused still!!

Smokey can inhabit anyone who has a dead body on the island and has always been the smoke... Jacob's nameless brother, Christian Shepherd, Locke. I'm figuring the last episode explained how he got released from the light.

Majority planned, minority seat of pants. Seat of pants = little mundane stuff like how are we going to explain that stupid plane that drops off all the Dharma rations to the beach even though all the Dharma folks have been dead for years.

Smokey can inhabit anyone who has a dead body on the island and has always been the smoke... Jacob's nameless brother, Christian Shepherd, Locke. I'm figuring the last episode explained how he got released from the light.

OH ok, so now that he has a dead body, he can be Jacob's brother again.

good call, that escaped me when I saw it the first time. in some way shape or form all of these people have been in direct/indirect contact with the light then

Well the smoke monster told someone he used to be human and was betrayed by someone he loved. So apparently it is still Jacob's brother in some form because he couldn't kill Jacob himself. It's going to be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

I would also like to mention that Ecko as well as Desmond are my two favorite survivors. Somehow Desmond is going to fix everything with his ability but I'm not sure how just yet. Something tells me he will go into the light source and make things right. We shall see though. Ecko on the other hand was one bad mofo, I will never forget when he killed all those columbians and told them "No you don't know who you're dealing with" Man that was awesome.

But Jacob could get off the island right? Because he interacted with each of the Losties in the "real world" but why couldn't the smoke monster (Jacob's brother) get off the island? Why can't he get off the island period, because he's dead? And what ever happened to Christian's missing body on the plane?

Excellent point!!! I totally missed that it is in the same place. Also agree that self sacrifice "for the greater good" will be involved as well as the whole "love of their life" thing that makes the survivors in the sideways time line realize something is not right with their current world.

Last episode of the season is tomorrow night and then Sunday will be the finale finale :) hmm...We'll be in Hawaii so maybe I can watch it from there!!

im gonna go into serious withdrawls when all is said and done... too bad we can petition for like an annual lost mini series or something

im gonna go into serious withdrawls when all is said and done... too bad we can petition for like an annual lost mini series or something

There's always the series blu ray set that's going to come out. I'll be buying that to curb my withdrawals and I'm sure they'll have some super duper secret stuff that'll end up on there. I'm anxiously awaiting the true end game since they're explaining stuff in a linear fashion unlike before. To some it's annoying because they were used to the previous format but it was due to happen.

I'm so buying Lost: Trivial Pursuit when it comes out

Tonight is the last episode before Sunday's finale :( We'll be in Hawaii watching it!! Wouldn't miss it :nono:

I'm so buying Lost: Trivial Pursuit when it comes out

Hopefully it'll be out by the outing then we can geek everyone out.

Another episode tonight boys and girls. Last one until the big blowout finale this Sunday. On Sunday all the coverage starts on 7P and ends at 11:30P EST. They have a retrospective look on Lost from 7P to 9P and then the finale 9P to 11:30P. It'll be crazy for sure.

LOST ****Spoilers Alert****

Spank818 said:
Hopefully it'll be out by the outing then we can geek everyone out.

Another episode tonight boys and girls. Last one until the big blowout finale this Sunday. On Sunday all the coverage starts on 7P and ends at 11:30P EST. They have a retrospective look on Lost from 7P to 9P and then the finale 9P to 11:30P. It'll be crazy for sure.

Amen Spank. Just what we need, another drinking game lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing episode ladt night....looks like it's going to come down to Jack vs.Locke for the island with Desmond being the swingman <patting self on back> I never saw Ben going completely back over to the bad side though but I guess it's to be expected. It was very surreal to see all the candidates sitting and talking with Jacob and hearing how/why they were chosen. Was a little surprised that Hurley wanted no part in taking care of the island though.

Ben has not gone back to "the dark side" in my opinion. I think he will be the one to kill Smokey just as he killed Jacob. I think it was all an act by Ben to get on Smokey's good side so he can get close for the kill shot...

I thought the same thing but that's too obvous and the writers never make it that easy to decipher
Ben has not gone back to "the dark side" in my opinion. I think he will be the one to kill Smokey just as he killed Jacob. I think it was all an act by Ben to get on Smokey's good side so he can get close for the kill shot...

I think you got this one. I think the writers are done putzing around so they are going to be direct as possible. There's going to be a showdown at the recital... maybe a show tune or two a la Glee? :D

Anybody got any guesses who Jack's baby's momma is? I say Julia.

Back