Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what it comes down to is Fan is short for Fanatic. People will defend "their" team to the end and feel insulted if people dont agree. In this case they assume its Yankee hating. At the same time anytime a fan points out Yankee hating, it si really the exact same thing they are doing just a complete 180. Bias is bias no matter which way it goes. My points about Druggy P, had nothing to do with the Yankees.

i know that, that's what is the funniest thing about all of it. i understand growing up a fan of an organization, but if you can't admit the wrongs then you can't own up to everything that "your" team is responsible for, thus, imo, making one not a true fan. you have to be loyal in great times, dark times, and all the times in between.

wow, i dangled some yankee bait and none of the die hards bit. i guess i made a good point.

You did make a good point. And a good point is a good point. I don't see what the need is to bait us because we passionately defend our team because we get blamed for all the problems in the world (what can I say we're used to it). Of course we have to stick up for each other because it's all we have is each other. Nobody else will defend us so we try our best to do so. I'll always stick to what I have always said is that baseball as a whole is the problem and it's not solely one team's fault.

Sorry, but in my humblest opinion I'm just sick of everyone lumping MLB's issues solely on the Yanks, that's all. And just to clarify, my statement is not meant to egg on anyone because I'm sick of the bickering. Think of it as an editorial.

i know that, that's what is the funniest thing about all of it. i understand growing up a fan of an organization, but if you can't admit the wrongs then you can't own up to everything that "your" team is responsible for, thus, imo, making one not a true fan. you have to be loyal in great times, dark times, and all the times in between.

You got that right. A cheater is a cheater is a cheater. In my opinion he is no different than Bonds, Raffy, McGwire, etc...He got caught, then came up wiht the excuse why, and the fans welcomed him back. Same story different team.

You did make a good point. And a good point is a good point. I don't see what the need is to bait us because we passionately defend our team because we get blamed for all the problems in the world (what can I say we're used to it). Of course we have to stick up for each other because it's all we have is each other. Nobody else will defend us so we try our best to do so. I'll always stick to what I have always said is that baseball as a whole is the problem and it's not solely one team's fault.

Sorry, but in my humblest opinion I'm just sick of everyone lumping MLB's issues solely on the Yanks, that's all. And just to clarify, my statement is not meant to egg on anyone because I'm sick of the bickering. Think of it as an editorial.

you are right spank, what's happened in baseball is not the yankees fault, they just have the biggest bank account. i commend you for your support of your team, that's what true fans do. i really don't care about baseball anymore, and haven't since 1995. it use to be my favorite sport as a kid and i was quite good at it. i spent my high school summers at elite camps like at FSU and Clemson and had some D1 offers after my junior year, then just fell out of love with the game after the 94/95 stike, i was heartbroken when that happened and couldn't understand why it was happening.

You got that right. A cheater is a cheater is a cheater. In my opinion he is no different than Bonds, Raffy, McGwire, etc...He got caught, then came up wiht the excuse why, and the fans welcomed him back. Same story different team.

Do you have a different category for anyone who would have come out on their own and admitted it before being link, etc etc?
I know it hasn't happened but in what I hear you saying part of the disgust is the act itself, and another large part is the lying/omitting it.

Not trolling- just curious!

Do you have a different category for anyone who would have come out on their own and admitted it before being link, etc etc?
I know it hasn't happened but in what I hear you saying part of the disgust is the act itself, and another large part is the lying/omitting it.

Not trolling- just curious!

When it happens, then I guess it would have to be discussed, but it hasnt in MLB. Cheating is bad...Lying and cheating is worse. Like I said, I find it so amusing from a "people" stand point, that guys get a pass from fans. But those same fans go nuts over guys like Bonds, McGwire, Raffy, etc... It comes down to allegiances and bias.

No doubt he is the best closer of all time but I am going to rib other teams fans when stuff like that happens. This thread would be boring otherwise.

EXACTLY!!!!!

No doubt he is the best closer of all time but I am going to rib other teams fans when stuff like that happens. This thread would be boring otherwise.

The ribbing is fine TGM, it's the other crap. You're absolutely right, this place would be boring otherwise.

Cmon TGM, you should know that you cant say anything bad. That would make you a hater. You either have to love them or not talk about them. haha

Cmon TGM, you should know that you cant say anything bad. That would make you a hater. You either have to love them or not talk about them. haha

Really, JB??? I told you on previous posts that I don't like anything negative being posted about the Mets. :D

This is always a good one.
[YOUTUBE]UX5BbD3b0KY[/YOUTUBE]

True, but I need to come back with something.

Are you an LA Dodger fan? I haven't kept up with the fans of which teams in this thread.

I'd just like to say that is by far the dumbest video in the history of professional baseball.

Are you an LA Dodger fan? I haven't kept up with the fans of which teams in this thread.

Yep, born and raised.
Were starting to get a good mix of fans here.

That is a classic. I remember the 1st time I saw that one. Laughed my arse off.

Is it actually cheating?

He didn't actually spit on the ball. The camera angle made it seem that way.

I get a kick out of the fans who think he actually spat on the ball. Really? I mean, if he wanted to throw a spitball, don't ya think he would've maybe spit in his hand, not ON THE BALL in direct sight?

Yep, born and raised.
Were starting to get a good mix of fans here.

Kershaw is a good pitcher. Got to see him a bit with the AA Suns back when they were a LAD affiliate.

He didn't actually spit on the ball. The camera angle made it seem that way.

I get a kick out of the fans who think he actually spat on the ball. Really? I mean, if he wanted to throw a spitball, don't ya think he would've maybe spit in his hand, not ON THE BALL in direct sight.

I get a kick out of the fans that believe that...haha Trick photography was the same problem Niekro had too.

Kershaw is a good pitcher. Got to see him a bit with the AA Suns back when they were a LAD affiliate.

He struggled a little at the start but he is coming around now. You got to see the Jacksonville 5 right? 3 out of the 5 turned out pretty good, thats not too bad.

So did he actually spit on the ball or what? Looks like he did. Hell it looks like he even picked out his spot on the ball haha

He struggled a little at the start but he is coming around now. You got to see the Jacksonville 5 right? 3 out of the 5 turned out pretty good, thats not too bad.

Yep.

Too bad the Suns aren't still the Dodgers AA team... this guy Stanton is a HR hitting machine!

So did he actually spit on the ball or what? Looks like he did. Hell it looks like he even picked out his spot on the ball haha

No.

Pictures (video) is worth a thousand words. Although some will continue to say its trick photography. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back