Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Wow, really? Conviently left off Man U, Man City, Barca (half a pass), Inter and Tottenham off that list too eh. Arsenal only gets a pass because they steal their players so young.

El Nino told Liverpool to sell him a year and a half ago and they wouldn't. If I was him I would putt the boot to the club as well after a year and a half of sucking, bunglement and zero hope. Better for all that he moved on.

Meireles has really come on under Kenny. Sorry Woy, but he isn't a defensive mid and Raul and Kenny are showing you exactly what he can do.

Excellent point and you are absolutely correct , for some reason these two clubs just irk me. I'm an arsenal fan though so I am biased!!

Fair enough Jrod.

For some reason it just pushes my buttons when people slag some clubs for splashing the cash while others get a free pass. If one is getting tar andf feathered they all should heh.

I'm also more lenitent on the Premiership teams in terms of recruitment, espcially younger players then everywhere else in Europe. The rules that surround young players in England is mind bogglingly stupid and does nothing but give a leg up to everywhere else. If the premiership didn't have the money for recruitment, they would be entirely screwed.

Side note:
Did you see that McClaren got sacked from Wolfsburg as well? Just like De Matteo he's a build a team and philosophy kind of guy and the Wolfsburg board and players didn't give him the chance. He's another guy that with time and space can deliever what you want.

Last edited:
This sucks. For some reason the game that started at 6:30 this morning (City vs United) didn't take. UGGGH!

They show it again at 7 tonight so I am just going to stay away from this thread until then. Hope City wins it!

This sucks. For some reason the game that started at 6:30 this morning (City vs United) didn't take. UGGGH!

They show it again at 7 tonight so I am just going to stay away from this thread until then. Hope City wins it!
I will use all my willpower to refrain from commenting until you've seen the game, just in case you accidentally click into this thread :)

All I'll say is Rooney.

I will use all my willpower to refrain from commenting until you've seen the game, just in case you accidentally click into this thread :)

No need, I stayed away.

Good game, helluva goal by Rooney for the game winner.

I hate United, lol.

ROONEY!!! ROONEY!!!! ROONEY!!!!
GIF (Just let it load then absorb the brilliance):
Spoiler
rooney.gif

Side note:
Did you see that McClaren got sacked from Wolfsburg as well? Just like De Matteo he's a build a team and philosophy kind of guy and the Wolfsburg board and players didn't give him the chance. He's another guy that with time and space can deliever what you want.

Actually, I´ve never been that impressed by McClaren. Just my opinion thou..

What a goal by Wayne Rooney!!! City got lucky with their equaliser! But it was really close to call, but it was just one piece of quality which settled it.

On a plus side for City, you are getting there, the players just need to show a bit more togetherness and fight.

Vincent Company played amazing!

Is there a Champions League thread?? I can't get enough of it. Unfortunate that I have to watch Barcelona take-out the Gunners, but there should be some great skill between the two.

What a goal by Wayne Rooney!!! City got lucky with their equaliser! But it was really close to call, but it was just one piece of quality which settled it.

On a plus side for City, you are getting there, the players just need to show a bit more togetherness and fight.

Vincent Company played amazing!

Kompany was tough, even after getting a yellow, he was still aggressive. Not sure what was up with Tevez all game, he's always the one who is always on the run, but he was walking around the pitch most of the game. Silva has to be kicking himself for missing an early goal that would have given City the lead in the first few minutes. It's too bad Adam Johnson is hurt, probably for the season, he brings so much to the game.

I didn't like the way they set the players up with Tevez up there alone. They've been playing with three guys up front most of the time.

Is there a Champions League thread?? I can't get enough of it. Unfortunate that I have to watch Barcelona take-out the Gunners, but there should be some great skill between the two.

I take it you're a Arsenal fan then?

I've been posting anything soccer in here, FA Cup, whatever. I think dedicated threads might be overkill around here, but if you want one, please go ahead.

I've been posting anything soccer in here, FA Cup, whatever. I think dedicated threads might be overkill around here, but if you want one, please go ahead.

I'd prefer to keep it in here. I'm new though, so I wasn't sure if it was kosher.

Which Champions League match is everyone looking forward to this week?

Last edited:
Kompany was tough, even after getting a yellow, he was still aggressive. Not sure what was up with Tevez all game, he's always the one who is always on the run, but he was walking around the pitch most of the game. Silva has to be kicking himself for missing an early goal that would have given City the lead in the first few minutes. It's too bad Adam Johnson is hurt, probably for the season, he brings so much to the game.

I didn't like the way they set the players up with Tevez up there alone. They've been playing with three guys up front most of the time.

Yeah, Kompany kept Rooney quiet almost all match until the wonder goal.

And yeah, I thought that was a certain goal there by Silva.

And it's hard, especially because City didn't want to be dominated in the midfield. So they did exactly what United did, pack the midfield and leave the striker isolated. And by playing the lone striker role, it is hard not to get frustrated, which was why he was walking!

Tottenham v Milan
Madrid v Lyon rematch
Inter v Bayern rematch

That was brilliant. I'm so stoked I don't even know what to type. There's a second leg though.

I was very suprised that Orient forced a replay against Arsenal. I know that it was Arsenal's b-team, but I would have figured that somebody on the Gunners would have been able to bag a second goal.

I was very suprised that Orient forced a replay against Arsenal. I know that it was Arsenal's b-team, but I would have figured that somebody on the Gunners would have been able to bag a second goal.

I thought Rosicky, Chamakh, and Bendtner would be able to score enough to beat them. Disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back