Taylormade R9 SuperTri Driver Review

You take all of the weights out and evenly put cottonballs in the head one by one(or 3 by 3) evenly. It mutes the clubhead and promotes a more solid feeling clubhead.

Hmmm. Interesting. I guess I am a weirdo; I like the sound of the supertri. Let me know what you think of it once you get the cotton balls inside.

The supertri is a highspin driver. Very forgiving imo.

I guess that's what I don't get. Is it that much higher spin than the standard R9? Does the shaft not have a heavy effect on this?

I've always heard 'high spin drivers'... Anyone have examples of low spin drivers?

R11, Bridgestone, FT Tour, Superdeep.
I guess that's what I don't get. Is it that much higher spin than the standard R9? Does the shaft not have a heavy effect on this?

I've always heard 'high spin drivers'... Anyone have examples of low spin drivers?

R9 tp is a mid spin. Its all about weighting and the reaction the clubface has to the ball.

You take all of the weights out and evenly put cottonballs in the head one by one(or 3 by 3) evenly. It mutes the clubhead and promotes a more solid feeling clubhead.

I too would love to hear more about this once you've done it and tested.

hahaha.....I do too, I need to get another one!

I will respond to this in 4-months.

My supertri is brand spanking new now!!!

After I got my R-11 I put a ladies shaft in my SuperTri and let my wife try it out.
She is bombing it! (for her)
She went from an avg drive of 150 yards to an avg of 175 yards.

Back