David Duval Signs W/ Scratch Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As we mentioned a few months back, it is now official. David Duval has officially signed to be a tour staffer of Scratch Golf.

does this minimize the 'hipness' of Scratch now?

No surprise as mentioned. Maybe they'll be his ticket to the winners circle. I'm not going to hold my breath for that though.

does this minimize the 'hipness' of Scratch now?

I think it maximizes it, Duval is clearly bigger than he has ever been

Hope this works for him, I'd love to see him in the winners circle again

Well good for him. By the way, what did he play before? I just dont follow him too closely.

• Admin
Well good for him. By the way, what did he play before? I just dont follow him too closely.

He was with Nike until his contract ran out. They did not re-sign him and he has been without a deal. he was playing Scratch irons, Mizuno wedges, and quite a few other brands.

he is? you mean he's bigger than when he was in 2001 when he peaked and won the Open? maybe you meant that in a literal sense...
I think it maximizes it, Duval is clearly bigger than he has ever been

Hope this works for him, I'd love to see him in the winners circle again

I think this is a good match for both parties. I hope he does well with his new equipment and gets winning again. I wonder what ball he will play since he has been playing the Nike ball for quite some time now.

Does a company NOT re-sign a player solely because they fail to win with their clubs?

I think this is a good match for both parties. I hope he does well with his new equipment and gets winning again. I wonder what ball he will play since he has been playing the Nike ball for quite some time now.

I believe he signed to play the Pro V1

Does a company NOT re-sign a player solely because they fail to win with their clubs?

Not necessarily. He has been with them for a very long time and it was time.

scratch and beef jerky, that's classic!

Does the deal involve "part ownership" like Ryan's

this just surprises me...I dont think he is a good fit for their look

Good for David, he seems to be serious about trying to get back into the winner's circle. I wish him the best of luck.

Duval has full privileges this year, doesn't he?

Kevin

Does Scratch move enough product to adequately pay a tour pro?

Does Scratch move enough product to adequately pay a tour pro?

It depends. "Move enough" product would mean selling product and actually shipping the goods....HAHA!

They move some goods and 2010 was a good year for them in terms of sales. But they are not paying Duval a whole lot from what we are hearing.

Thanks

I went down the Scratch path several years ago on some EZ-1's, a nice product but no better then a Mizuno MX-25 (comp at the time). The delivery time was beyond frustrating. A Thanksgiving period order finally made it's way into my hands in late April, the only spec change from standard at +2 UP.

Thanks

I went down the Scratch path several years ago on some EZ-1's, a nice product but no better then a Mizuno MX-25 (comp at the time). The delivery time was beyond frustrating. A Thanksgiving period order finally made it's way into my hands in late April, the only spec change from standard at +2 UP.

Wow so i guess "Scratch" stands for; You can go scratch while you wait for your clubs...

I hope he wins a bunch this season, always liked him as a player.

The Perky Jerky deal did not last long. He will in fact be using a Scratch staff bag and hat.

The Perky Jerky deal did not last long. He will in fact be using a Scratch staff bag and hat.

that's interesting. i wonder how perky jerky feels about that, ie, getting dropped like a sack of potato's.

this will be a much better fit for scratch as a company than ryan moore ever was. ryan moore is a pre-madonna, a rogue like golfer in a day and age where isolating yourself like that isn't too well received, at least by me. i think tiger is more well received now b/c he dropped that aura of mystery that surrounded him. i think ryan moore is talented but he does not have the accolades of david duval, nor the broad following.

at any rate, i don't know enough about scratch to be too judgemental but what i do know makes me very skeptical.

Back