Live from the Second City....

Miss Shanksalot

Newb trying to break 100!
Reaction score
Handicap
Alignment
Yep, I'm living in Chicago. Never imagined I'd be living in the Midwest since I'm an East Coaster born and bred, but here I am. Since we are unencumbered by children, my husband and I decided, at the ripe old age of 43, to take up golf. We're doing lessons at golftec and I'm having a good (if occasionally frustrating) time.

I am a true hacker and do not even have a handicap yet (except for maybe a certain part of my upper body). I was fortunate enough to spend a couple of weeks last month hacking around the Royal Ka'anapali course and the Kapalua courses on Maui. I sucked, but I had a blast.

I'm currently looking at clubs and trying to decide between MX-200s and MX-1000s.

Anyway, it's great to be here!

Kim

Hello Kim, welcome to the Paradise!

Welcome to THP Kim!

welcome!

welcome aboard Kim!

Hi Kim :welcome:

Welcome to THP Kim!! We have another lady on here, Mary C, who just bought the MX-200s she might be able to give you some more info on them. There are plenty of hackers on here just like you. I don't have a handicap either and probably won't for another year but it doesn't matter it's just about getting out and having fun.

I have a lot of ladies iron reviews coming up pretty soon and maybe that can help you with your new iron choice....of course the best thing to always do is hit as many clubs as you can and get properly fit.

Hello and Welcome to THP Kim!

welcome to the mayhem Kim, please do enjoy yourself. good luck on the iron hunt!

Welcome Kim from just down the road in St. Louis. I love Chicago.

Céad míle fáilte, from this side of the pond....it's a great place to talk golf... populated by the finest of people.

Thanks for the big welcome! :)

I've been trying out so many clubs lately that my neck and shoulder hurt enough for me to go get a massage today! (Not that I ever really need an excuse to get a massage...)

My husband doesn't quite "get" why it's so difficult for me to choose from among the different clubs. But, since he's a good sport, he just plays along. Of course, this is a guy who could sleep on a bed of rocks and still wake up refreshed....

Choosing golf clubs is an art form and is not to be rushed! Your pro would be able to help you. :)

Chicago is a great city...I moved from there to the Northeast. I occasionally still pine for a Gino's East pizza. :alien2:

Welcome to THP, Kim!

Hello, Kim. Nice to have another Chicagoan on the forum. I live in Lincoln Park and have lived and worked in Chicago since 2002. What neighborhood are you in? I play many courses in Chicago, but you can find me at Harborside, Cog Hill and Seven Bridges quite often. Enjoy.

Hello, Kim. Nice to have another Chicagoan on the forum. I live in Lincoln Park and have lived and worked in Chicago since 2002. What neighborhood are you in? I play many courses in Chicago, but you can find me at Harborside, Cog Hill and Seven Bridges quite often. Enjoy.

Hey there, neighbor! We're in Lakeview East, right next door. We've been here a little over a year (by way of Geneva [IL] by way of NJ by way of NYC!) and we love it. The ability to stumble just a few blocks from the apt to Wrigley or to any of the local watering holes is a big plus (of course, that also represents a big weight gain. Sigh.)

My guess is that when we start to play, it'll be at Harborside initially.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned Gino's East -- they do have the best crust (even though the East Coaster in me tends to think of Chicago-style pizza as lasagna made with bread instead of pasta).

Kim

Nice. I make my way to your nexk of the woods quite often. Just went to Forno Diablo the other day. Good stuff.

As you know, you have a course really close to you on the water (Marovitz). Avoid the temptation to ever play that course on the weekend. Too slow. But a decent 9-hole practice round in the middle of the week.

If you don't like the thick stuff, try Bacinos thin crust. The thin crust spinach pizza is excellent!

Hey there, neighbor! We're in Lakeview East, right next door. We've been here a little over a year (by way of Geneva [IL] by way of NJ by way of NYC!) and we love it. The ability to stumble just a few blocks from the apt to Wrigley or to any of the local watering holes is a big plus (of course, that also represents a big weight gain. Sigh.)

My guess is that when we start to play, it'll be at Harborside initially.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned Gino's East -- they do have the best crust (even though the East Coaster in me tends to think of Chicago-style pizza as lasagna made with bread instead of pasta).

Kim

welcome to the family and hope you have a great time!

Hi Kim--

I'm originally a Chicago girl myself. Still miss the place. I always preferred Due's to Gino's, though.

What's the difference between Uno and Due?

What's the difference between Uno and Due?

Not much; the parent company of both filed for bankruptcy this year. That is enough for me... oh, and their pizza is fine, but second-rate compared to others in Chi.

Last night, Eric and I went to Sheffields -- for the food, of course....

It was... refreshing!

:}

Back