Taylormade XFT Wedge

I am excited for these to come out. I particularly have been waiting, what seems like, a eternity. Just to share some information with you THP'ers. I generally used a low bounce combo to accomodate my lack of divot with the wedges. I was somewhat concerned seeing most of these wedges come in what i would consider higher bounce. Well, the explanation I got, as far as the ZTP plates are concerned, is that the higher bounce will minimize how much the ball runs up the face of the club. This should maintain solid spin on the ball. I was playing 6* of bounce in my 60*, and was able to stay with that combo. All of you that like to open up your lob wedges around the greens, will to be happy to know they offer a C-Grind only in the 58.12 and 60.10. I glady adapted to the 60.10. You will love the way this thing sits, and slides so easily through the rough. Retail stores are getting there shipments around the 5th of March. Thanks for listening to my Rant...lol

Has anybody added these to their bag?

I am seriously thinking about this. Mainly because I can get one I like then just replace the face for the next X years. Stocking up on replaceable face inserts is much cheaper than stocking up on wedges. I'll wait for OEM review to decide.

I looked into them, but the cost made me stay away. I couldn't justify spending $160 on one when I could get a CG14 for $75. They are still on my list so when it's time to get new wedges I'll definitely be looking at them again.

I have 50*, 56* and 60* XFT wedges in my bag and have been gaming them since the weather broke here in the Northeast. So far so good. They feel great and produce spin as expected. I like the weight of the wedges as well. I usually forget that the faces are removable when playing as you can't even tell from the address position. Next step for me is to start stock piling face inserts. Love the concept that I can keep playing the same wedge that I'm accustomed to and just swap out the face for fresh grooves and great spin whenever I want!

I looked into them, but the cost made me stay away. I couldn't justify spending $160 on one when I could get a CG14 for $75. They are still on my list so when it's time to get new wedges I'll definitely be looking at them again.

That price seems so high? My local shop sells them for about $30 less per wedge. Must be the Canada thing.

Tried these out at the spring outing and I was impressed with the club. You couldn't tell the face was interchangeable just by looking at it and it's not as bulky as it looks. It was one of my surprises at the outing. I'm looking to see what OEM thinks of these and I'll be hitting them at the fall outing as well. $130 is a little steep for a wedge in comparison to many of the other great wedges out there but if you don't have to buy another wedge for a while it evens the price difference out (just as long as TM keeps making the faces).

As mentioned in our review of these though. People have to take cost averaging into consideration with these. If replacement costs less than half each year, it can add up in savings.

As mentioned in our review of these though. People have to take cost averaging into consideration with these. If replacement costs less than half each year, it can add up in savings.

And that's why I'm still interested in them. I really like the idea behind it. At the time though, it seemed like the better option was to go with the CG14. I'll have to see how much wear I accumilate on the grooves this season and that may help sway me later in the year.

Very true - but I can't see the wives/fiancé's taking that into account. All they see is a new "toy" ha!

I haven't seen anywhere up here that we can get the replacement faces either. I take it we'd have to order them directly from TM.

Very true - but I can't see the wives/fiancé's taking that into account. All they see is a new "toy" ha!

I haven't seen anywhere up here that we can get the replacement faces either. I take it we'd have to order them directly from TM.

The wedges in full line have only been out for a brief period. Faces are following them to market. Should be available shortly. To me its no different than a hybrid car. It costs more up front, but in the long run will save you money.

i havent seen ANYONE with these wedges in their bags yet. Just a couple people on the online forums, but NOTHING in person. i wonder if they will be a flop?

i havent seen ANYONE with these wedges in their bags yet. Just a couple people on the online forums, but NOTHING in person. i wonder if they will be a flop?

TM does not think so. People have to remember that despite us reviewing them over 3 months ago, they just came to market last month. For the 1st time in years, TM has tour guys using their wedges that never did before. If you head over to the outing, you can check them out in person and try them for yourself. We will have quite a few there I believe.

TM does not think so. People have to remember that despite us reviewing them over 3 months ago, they just came to market last month. For the 1st time in years, TM has tour guys using their wedges that never did before. If you head over to the outing, you can check them out in person and try them for yourself. We will have quite a few there I believe.

This is true. At first I thought it was a little gimmicky and I was always a Vokey guy because their wedges always felt better for me. I never thought of trying the TM's before this offering and once I tried them they felt great. Definitely come down to the outing so you can compare and contrast all the different wedges and I'm sure there will be a few that will surprise you and find its way into your bag.

Just checked out the review for this..
First off, great review. Very informative on TaylorMade's always new and confusing technology! :D

The exchangeable face really has me seriously looking at this for my 60* wedge. I use my 60 for everything inside 70 yards, and this would save me the hassle of buying a new wedge every year or so because of groove wear -- I could just spend $40 and practically get a new wedge! :D

oh wow, i didnt realize they JUST came out. yeah, since ive been seeing them online so much i just figured they've been out for awhile.

oh wow, i didnt realize they JUST came out. yeah, since ive been seeing them online so much i just figured they've been out for awhile.

March 1 was the release date for the full line.

It looks like both Dick's and Amazon have the face plates in stock now.

For Those Interested in the TM xFT Wedge...

For Those Interested in the TM xFT Wedge...

...gppgolf.com is offering them for $89.99 each. An additional face plate is $39.99. At least that's the price today (5/25/10).

...gppgolf.com is offering them for $89.99 each. An additional face plate is $39.99. At least that's the price today (5/25/10).

That is a great price.... they are still $150 new here in Canada. I'll take 3!

Taylormade XFT Wedge

Good price. The potential cost effectiveness of these wedges are making me consider these more and more. The next Outing needs to here faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back