Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
How much does everyone spend on average to play a round? Me and my buddies use this card here in VA and we pay no more than $26 a round. It is nice there are some real good course and there is always something in season. They even offer deals in the summer. I just wish golf course would drop prices to like $15 to ride. I would play several times a week and I think other would too.

I pay $575 for a golf season long pass to 14 courses around my house for my wife and me. All we have to pay for is the cart if we ride. No more than $8. But with the beers and bloodies, it adds up.

My home course is $65 weekdays and $130 weekends.. Green fees are a lot more in Mexico than in the US... :angry:

My home course is $24 seven days a week with a cart. Memebership for me and my wife is $1184 a year with cart for unlimited play 7 days a week. Range is another $160 for us both. I do play some at other places that range anywhere from $25 to $65 for 18 with cart. Nice to live in rural Indiana.

In before the merge of one of the 5 other threads with the same topic.:bomb::bomb:

The courses here are expensive, but I have a knack for finding the cheapies. 9 hole munis are $15-$20 no cart. There is one full par 72 course at the airforce base that is only $25 to walk, and $19 for weekend twilight. I have the option to play Stanford (normal rate $100) at the student rate of $25, but I haven't yet.

My home course is $375 per year, if I ride I pay $10.70 for the cart if I walk I just sign in and go. I play at least 15 other courses during the year and some of those might run as high as $100, but I would say the average of them is about $45 per round with cart.

For 9, I pay $22.50-$27.50 and then $44-$48 for 18 since I only play municipals. This is only for green fees. We get screwed in Canada for those as well!
I think I may venture out to the mountains this summer and try my hand at a course that is about $100 +/- assuming I get good enough to enjoy it.

Most courses around me are $40 to $60 per round without membership during peak months.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

$54 per round on the weekend. Weekdays are $10 cheaper.

I pay $30-35 in winter, $15-25 in summer(which I love, even with 110* heat).

$29/month for membership at River Oaks. I walk it so I pay nothing other than the monthly fee. I believe it is $12 to ride for members. The course is nothing fabulous, they have been working on it extensively. It is golf, so it is cool with me. No one is playing there now......stupid snow:angry::angry::angry:

I rarely pay for golf, but when I do, I dont mind spending up to 100$ for a round. The round needs to have some meaning or Ill just play at a course that allows me to play for free

We on average pay about $40-$50 per person a round. Of course, it depends in where you play around here. Today, the BF paid $61 because he was riding where I only paid $40 because I was walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the worst course around here, it is 20 bucks. At the best, it is 40. The best course, however, has a winter rate now, for 24 bucks. I play there. You have to factor in the fact that they are both 40 miles away, though, so that is a lot of gas.

I am currently inquiring about playing at a local country club, but I am afraid they do not allow non members to play. I had heard that they do, but even if they do, it may be prohibitively expensive.

Well this is New England so rates are not great around here. It is tough to rationalize playing a good deal of golf at full retail. Yet that is offset by the cost of a membership and how committed you end up being to one course as a consequence.

So I think I kinda' got lucky because I joined where the ownership owns two courses that are separated by about an hour ride (one 15 minutes away and the other i hour away for me). The two courses are completely different animals. Frankly I would have had a hard time committing to membership at one course only. So I am covered for greens fees. Weekday rates for eighteen at either place would be $35.00 to walk and another $20.00 to ride. Add $10.00 to the greens fees for weekends. They will occasionally run specials for non-members and people can play eighteen for $25.00 to walk and can get a cart for $10.00 more.

Around 400 at my homeclub and then 250 on my PGA membership. I play 15-20 courses beside my homecourse per year in tournaments, so I don't really pay many greenfees, but being PGA means that I have to pay at very, very few courses if I just wanted to go out and play.

I pay $500 for full membership at our golf club. Most courses down here are $20 and $10 if you play with a member. Our club just bought 1 riding cart to rent (I think it's $30), otherwise you need a letter form your doctor saying you are not able to walk the course and you have to own your own cart. We have about 22 letters on file for cart use.

Ask about a junior membership aggro. They might be able to work something out for ya. Best thing to do is go talk to the GM or golf pro in person if you can
At the worst course around here, it is 20 bucks. At the best, it is 40. The best course, however, has a winter rate now, for 24 bucks. I play there. You have to factor in the fact that they are both 40 miles away, though, so that is a lot of gas.

I am currently inquiring about playing at a local country club, but I am afraid they do not allow non members to play. I had heard that they do, but even if they do, it may be prohibitively expensive.

membership for me @ my home course is 1500 a yr with cart and that is cheap for around here for the quality of the course and the club house cambridge village its a links course

$29/month for membership at River Oaks. I walk it so I pay nothing other than the monthly fee. I believe it is $12 to ride for members. The course is nothing fabulous, they have been working on it extensively. It is golf, so it is cool with me. No one is playing there now......stupid snow:angry::angry::angry:

Hey, that's my home course, when I don't feel like walking 9 at Maple Creek. Except, I ususally get the cart for $13 after tax, but walk if I'm only playing 9, as the back is MUCH longer to walk than the front. I just take my clicgear with me. But you're out in LS so it's a little bit closer for you than me up here in Gladstone. I wish they would add a range, if they had the room. That's the thing that bugs me the most, because it means I have to find somewhere else to warm up.

Wow, your rates sound like paradise. I've got to put down $65-$110 per round on a weekday. Weekends is another $30 on top :crying::crying::crying:

My guess would be around $60 a round on the average in the Northeast. Could even be higher.

Back