Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

I see about a 25% chance in Ashland on Tuesday and Wednesday at weather.gov (National Weather Service). It was very wrong the day MO and I played last week, but it's usually pretty accurate.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=hi&w3=sfcwind&w3u=1&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=thunder&w8=rain&AheadHour=22&Submit=Submit&FcstType=graphical&textField1=41.04050&textField2=-96.37090&site=oax&unit=0&dd=0&bw=0

Yeah, this morning Weather.com had it at 30% chance of Isolated Storms. Sounds like things have changed throughout the day, but hopefully NWS is correct.

I hope so because I have zero rain gear!

I hope so because I have zero rain gear!

Me too! ha

Just saw another local stations weather report. The had 40% chance of showers and storms Monday night/Tuesday morning and then another 40% chance for Tuesday afternoon. They said there is a front that will be coming across the area and will stall....where at is up in the air...could be right over Omaha or further east in Iowa. That'll pretty much decide how much rain will be on Tuesday. They also had 40% for Wednesday afternoon.

Me too! ha

Just saw another local stations weather report. The had 40% chance of showers and storms Monday night/Tuesday morning and then another 40% chance for Tuesday afternoon. They said there is a front that will be coming across the area and will stall....where at is up in the air...could be right over Omaha or further east in Iowa. That'll pretty much decide how much rain will be on Tuesday. They also had 40% for Wednesday afternoon.

Aren't we Mr positive??? lol. Hey, if it does it does, but it wont, it won't! I keep hearing Wednesday afternoon. I like that forecast, haha

Who want's to meet tomorrow and have a beer or even dinner? For that matter, I'll be at Iron Horse for a 1:30 tee time if anyone can break away. Just like the mailman: rain, nor wind nor snow, nor hail... not sure how that goes, but I'll be there, lmao

I'm guessing dinner might work. A 1:30 tee time won't unless we can get there in negative time! I'm not sure how fast MO drives but I don't think he can get us there before we leave!

Who want's to meet tomorrow and have a beer or even dinner? For that matter, I'll be at Iron Horse for a 1:30 tee time if anyone can break away. Just like the mailman: rain, nor wind nor snow, nor hail... not sure how that goes, but I'll be there, lmao

I was hoping to get down a little earlier but because I don't want to miss my daughter's softball game I'm not going to be getting into Omaha until late, after 10 sometime so I'll be looking forward to hitting the rack to get some shut eye for Quarry Oaks! I was in Omaha all weekend, played 18 Friday and 36 Saturday, different courses than this week but still great golf and a great time. I see that weather forecast but I'm here to assure everyone that weather will not spoil it for us, bring a rain jacket and an extra glove and we're money. Oh and besides, the golf gods LOVE me playing golf in Omaha and almost never spoil my outing with weather....we'll be fine, trust me!

Where'd you play at P4B?

Is everyone staying in Omaha? What time is everyone planning on getting to Quarry on Tuesday? I was thinking 8 to hit some balls and roll some putts ahead of our tee times...

Where'd you play at P4B?

Is everyone staying in Omaha? What time is everyone planning on getting to Quarry on Tuesday? I was thinking 8 to hit some balls and roll some putts ahead of our tee times...

I thought our tee time WAS at 8:00. Has that changed?

What's the tee time for Wednesday? Still 10:15?

Where'd you play at P4B?

First round we played at River Wild in Blair, GREAT course. Super super staff and just a fun track all the way around, really good condition too. Oh, and they cut us a deal, $25 for 18 w/cart!

Saturday we played 36 in that wind at Bay Hills @ Buccaneer Bay that's in Plattsmouth. That son-bitchin course was rather difficult, and that friggin wind was not doing us any favors. Believe me, 36 holes there was MISERABLE!!! Then again, it was golf and that was good.

First round we played at River Wild in Blair, GREAT course. Super super staff and just a fun track all the way around, really good condition too. Oh, and they cut us a deal, $25 for 18 w/cart!

Saturday we played 36 in that wind at Bay Hills @ Buccaneer Bay that's in Plattsmouth. That son-bitchin course was rather difficult, and that friggin wind was not doing us any favors. Believe me, 36 holes there was MISERABLE!!! Then again, it was golf and that was good.

I had been wondering about those two courses. You can generally get good prices for them through Golfnow.com.

Tuesday @ Quarry Oaks:
tee times are 9: and 9:15 / 1:50 and 2:

Wednesday @ Iron Horse:
tee times are starting sometime around 10:15 (can't find where I wrote it down, but will confirm the time today)

As P4B mentioned, might be advisable to bring a rain jacket, snorkles are optional.

We could call today "Moving Day". I'm packing enough clothes and clubs to take to Omaha that I feel like I'm moving, lol. We don't officially kick off the outing until tomorrow, but look out Omaha, NE, were on our way soon. The courses we are playing are said to be super nice and beautiful, so lots of pictures of everyone on the course coming soon to THP. I only wish JB & GG could make the trip, we could have a blast seeing "The Quiet One" Dakotagolfer under the influence of some JB specials, lol.

See you all up there soon!

I am working from home today and cannot focus on anything but what I need for this trip and thinking of how much fun it's going to be. I should have just taken vacation today too, why bother trying to work when you can't focus?!

Can't wait to meet you all in the morning! What is our latest roster duey? Is dustklose going to make it down from ND?

I am working from home today and cannot focus on anything but what I need for this trip and thinking of how much fun it's going to be. I should have just taken vacation today too, why bother trying to work when you can't focus?!

Can't wait to meet you all in the morning! What is our latest roster duey? Is dustklose going to make it down from ND?

Nope, Dust can't make it.

Cwill, P4B, Fwyngrus, MO_Hacker, Dakotagolfer, Dirt_Guy,
Smallville and I

"Eight is Enough"? I remember that show, haha. See you all there. I sent my number out to most of you, so just call if you need anything.

Re: THP Midwest Golf Less Than A Week Away!

Re: THP Midwest Golf Less Than A Week Away!

Sweet! I'm getting ready to start the first leg of my journey west. I can't wait to tackle these high winds you've been talking about!

I am still so bummed that I can't be there, but you guys have a ball and I am looking forward to lots of great pics.

Nope, Dust can't make it.

Cwill, P4B, Fwyngrus, MO_Hacker, Dakotagolfer, Dirt_Guy,
Smallville and I

"Eight is Enough"? I remember that show, haha. See you all there. I sent my number out to most of you, so just call if you need anything.

Eight is good, we'll get this thing off and everyone will see how much fun we had so our next Midwest outing will have triple the people. We'll have a lot of options for side games/fun little contests, wagers etc with 8.

MO and I are here. Just waiting for duey to call so we can figure out what's up for dinner. Anyone else can call too, we're not picky.

Hey, I called, twice, lol. Answer your phone already. I played Iron Horse today and am hungery as a beast. What sounds good?

How'd you do at Iron Horse?

Here's the latest from National Weather Service. It's usually accurate but I gotta put a disclaimer on it after last week's messed up forecast!

Plotter.php

MO said it didn't show up for him, so here's the link: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?cityName=Ashland&state=NE&site=OAX&textField1=41.0405&textField2=-96.3709&FcstType=graphical

Re: Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

I'm on the road and ready for the showdown. :) This event is the only reason I knew there was a 4 am.

Back