What's Your Thoughts on the Wilson Ci7 and Di9 Irons?

Nalajr

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

The other day I stopped by a local shop to nose around a bit. What caught my eye almost immediately was that there were a couple sets of Wilson irons on the wall. I went to check them out and seen that one set was the Ci7 and the other was the Di9. I looked at them and checked them at address and thought that they really looked great. I was impressed with the looks.
I have read a few comments here and there about different Wilson irons, but don't recall reading any reviews or thoughts from users on either of these irons. I have read comments that Wilson irons deserve a close look from those in the market for a new set of irons and that they can hold their own against the BIG BOYS on the block. I was looking at them because they can be had brand new for pretty darn good prices in graphite or steel.

To my eye the ci7 looks like it would be for a better player and the Di9 would give more help to those that need it such as HIGH handicappers like me. Is that right? I would like to hear what you all think about either or both of these irons. Do you own either of them or have you hit them? How did they feel and play for you? Lastly, how do you think they would stand up to some of the more popular brands that everyone knows and talks about? Would you game either of them?

Any info you care to add would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr

Hey all,

The other day I stopped by a local shop to nose around a bit. What caught my eye almost immediately was that there were a couple sets of Wilson irons on the wall. I went to check them out and seen that one set was the Ci7 and the other was the Di9. I looked at them and checked them at address and thought that they really looked great. I was impressed with the looks.
I have read a few comments here and there about different Wilson irons, but don't recall reading any reviews or thoughts from users on either of these irons. I have read comments that Wilson irons deserve a close look from those in the market for a new set of irons and that they can hold their own against the BIG BOYS on the block. I was looking at them because they can be had brand new for pretty darn good prices in graphite or steel.

To my eye the ci7 looks like it would be for a better player and the Di9 would give more help to those that need it such as HIGH handicappers like me. Is that right? I would like to hear what you all think about either or both of these irons. Do you own either of them or have you hit them? How did they feel and play for you? Lastly, how do you think they would stand up to some of the more popular brands that everyone knows and talks about? Would you game either of them?

Any info you care to add would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr

If you are willing to wait until the Fall, you will be able to try quite a bit of Wilson Staff and other brands if you are able to visit the FL Golf Outing. I know that does not help really, but I figured I would let you know since you are a local.

I have the Ci7's. They are great clubs, but not great for me. They are a GI set, but not really for a high handicapper imo. Great quality and sharp looking clubs. Never tried the Di9, but they are supposed to be more forgiving.

I suppose I could elaborate a bit.

The Ci7 doesn't have a very thick top-line for a GI club. The sole isn't too wide either. They have good feel in the sense that I can always tell what my mis-hits are. I have no idea about workability since I just try to hit the ball straight. They have pretty strong lofts from what I've heard. My favorite club in the set is the GW. It's just a really versatile club for me. I can use it full from 80-90 yards and for pitches from the fairway or rough. It's my go-to club for a lot of close shots.

I own Di9 irons. I bought them as my first set last year, and have since moved on to CG7 BP Tours. I didn't switch because I didn't like the DI9's, actually i thought they were really good clubs, I just wanted something with a smaller clubhead, and thinner topline. Tons of forgiveness, and very long. The uniflex shaft treated both my brother and I very well. He is currently gaming my Di9's until he can afford his own new set. I would definitely recommend them to a mid-high handicapper. like hawk308, the 49.5* GW was my favorite club in the set, I was accurate with it from 100 on in.

Back