Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hole 9 - Par 3 - It was playing 170 to the pin.

Hit a 5i to five feet. For a minute I thought it was going in, but no dice. Really should have had a birdie (would have been my first), but I two putted for par. It was satisfying nonetheless, because this hole has been a pain in my behind more than a few times.

today on the 18th par 4 340 yards, sliced my ball off the tee, hit a tree and bounced onto the 1st hole fairway, no one was teeing off the 1st hole so i pulled out my 8 iron and hit it back over the trees right onto the green about 8 feet off the pin, unfortuantely missed my birdie oppurtunity, but made par. my first par :p.

Way to get back from trouble for your first par phoul!

Yestday snap hooked my drive on the par 5 12th hole(535 yrd). I had 270 out in a group of trees and needed to hit a fade to go toward the green or chip out sideways and have 250+ for my third.

I'm not great at hitting a controlled fade with my woods so I decided to hit driver off the deck since they normally have a gentle cut. I got really lucky and hit it perfect pin high, chipped on and made birdie. Probably could only hit that 1 out of 10 times. Ended up shooting 2 under for the round, my best round in 2 years!

I could use a shot right now... even a round shot or whatever this thread is about HA

I could use a shot right now... even a round shot or whatever this thread is about HA

i know exactly what you mean... but i think ill have a beer instead

I hit the flag from about 155-160 away for my second shot on a par 5 today. Ball landed about 3 ft in front of the hole, hit the pin, and I ended up with a 15 foot putt for Eagle. Yes I missed it. :(

3rd shot on a Par 4 with the sharpest dogleg ever....after taking some medicine and punching out to the fairway I was left about 120-125 yds to the flag...flushed a 9 iron 6" from the cup and tapped in for par.

my ball landed on a watermocassin... does a snake trump an eagle?

Made first birdie of my life yesterday. Marshall Canyon GC in La Verne, CA. Hole 11. 7 Iron off Tee and landed 4 feet +/- from pin. One putt.

Made first birdie of my life yesterday. Marshall Canyon GC in La Verne, CA. Hole 11. 7 Iron off Tee and landed 4 feet +/- from pin. One putt.

Congrats!!

Today, 7 iron from about 167 uphill, in the rough and had to shoot it under a tree, knocked it to 4 feet. Did not make the putt.

My best shot yesterday?

Borrowed my friends old Dymo2 [he upgraded to the str8 dymo2...i might even get to keep it for now! :D]

a 305 yard drive! (no, I'm not exaggerating, I used my GPS AND went by course yardages)

All of a sudden my hook was gone! On hole 1 I cut a dog leg I've never been able to cut...and then on hole 2 I got a hold of one. I though ehh, nothing special...probably just about 270. THREE HUNDRED AND FIVE!

First ever 300 yarder. Felt goood. Must've caught the back end of a hill and rolllllled. The fairways were pretty dry.

nothing beats that feeling... even now with a multiple birdie round it gets me smiling each and every time

Congrats Rawr!

Yesterday hit an awesome drive on the 5th hole, par 5. Hit it 335+-. I had 185-190 to the center. Hit a beautiful high draw 6i to the center of the green, 20ft to the hole. Missed my eagle put but had an easy birdie.

Those two shots back to back were awesome! Wish they all went like that.

Made a tough 8 foot slider on the first hole for par. That started me off with an awesome boost of confidence. Rode it out nicely

Cut a 3h out from under the trees on the right on a dogleg right uphill hole. was 210yds out and somehow got the ball to release onto the green. left a 15ft birdie putt one roll short. Felt good to commit to a shot and pull it off.

Picked up some tips during the round today from a very good older golfer I was paired with for the round. Thanks to his advice on shortening up the backswing with my short irons, I had probably the shot of the year for me. Sitting about 100 yards out on a par 4 and hit my PW. The ball arched up nice and high and dropped down right next to the pin. When we walked up, the ball mark was about 8-9" left of the pin and the ball was sitting 4" in front of the cup (measured less than the width of the blade on my putter). Definitely a big confidence booster, since I haven't been playing well with any of my wedges lately.

had a great long drive(250) nice high draw around a dogleg left...
and a really long putt dive in for par

finished my "come back" round with a really tricky birdie putt...
had to come over a hogs back down into a bowl section... just trusted my line and hit it

laying 4 hitting 5 from 210-220 out.on a par 4.Wind gusting 20+ Put it on the fringe and 2 putted.

Played in the company tournament yesterday at a course I had never played. Dropped a 6 iron from 175 out about 2 feet from the pin on a par 5 for my second shot. Gotta love those tap in eagles!

Holed an 8-iron from a shade under 140 yards for my first ever duece on a par 4.

Congrats Diane! My best shot wasn't my best shot, but my ten year old neighbor's who's only played for about a year. He's about 60 pounds so he took a three wood from about 150 out to a right to left sloping green. Hit the ball pretty low, landed it ten yards off the front fringe, rolled it onto the green, started curving to the left... THEN DISAPPEARED! It was pretty cool

Last Monday I was playing #3 on Brae Loch (Grayslake, IL) It's a short Par 4 about 310 yds...dog leg right. Hit a drive (4w) about 210 yds to left side of the fairway for a really good approach angle to the green. Hit a PW 100 yds that stuck pin high about 6 feet to the right of the hole. Hit the 6 foot putt (slightly down hill) that broke about 4-5 inches to the left.....Tweet Tweet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back