What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I shot 78 in a tournament (See tourny thread) Then I jetted over to my home course and shot an awful 84.

nice work on the 78 Dent! i know you seem a little bummed about the 84 but dayum! tournament round of 78 bro, nice job.

I played a round with THP member Dirt_Guy today. He was gracious enough to drive over an hour to accomodate my schedule. He hits a really nice ball and is a great guy to share a round with.

I played the worst round since my first time out. Bad bad bad bad. I did hit a couple nice drives and my short game (aside from the putting) was actually pretty good. It was so bad that I water-balled 3 CHROMAX's. That's nearly impossible for those of you familiar with the those magic balls.

Regardless, it was a ton of fun and was great to meet another forum member. Wish I could do it more often.

hawk, i just had a moment of silence for the chromax's. at least you got to spend the day with a super guy. i love me some dirt! glad to hear that you had a great time.

43 for 9.

Probably would've shot a 38 or 39 had the greens not been sanded and as fast as my dining room table.

Also played one hole from the tips...for the first time ever. Parred it. lol

To put into perspective : I was about 5 yards off of a green. I knew it was fast, so I hit a soft chip that bounced onto the green, and it still released 20+ yards and well over the green. It was getting to the point where if I put down my putter behind the ball, it would slip.

Re: What did you shoot today?

I played a round with THP member Dirt_Guy today. He was gracious enough to drive over an hour to accomodate my schedule. He hits a really nice ball and is a great guy to share a round with.

I played the worst round since my first time out. Bad bad bad bad. I did hit a couple nice drives and my short game (aside from the putting) was actually pretty good. It was so bad that I water-balled 3 CHROMAX's. That's nearly impossible for those of you familiar with the those magic balls.

Regardless, it was a ton of fun and was great to meet another forum member. Wish I could do it more often.

I had a great time out with hawk too. He found a pretty cool course that screwed with my depth perception all day. Good thing the carts had GPS. I'm glad the monsoon passed through in the morning so we could stay dry. It was a sad time to see those shiny balls practice their swan dive.

My ball striking with my woods and irons was probably the best I've had yet this year. The putting was lacking badly (I even had a few 4 putts... ugh). The scorecard eventually showed a 108 and I could have shaved over 20 strokes if the two putts would have been there today.

Oh well, it's only a number and I had a great time finally meeting one of our great forum members. Hopefully we can get together for a few more rounds in the future.

Had a pretty good round today, and got to play with an older gentleman that was an excellent golfer. I ended up carding a 96 for the round - 4 poor holes really hurt the score (7's & an 8) but had a good time. There was enough of a breeze that the heat didn't bother us much. The gentleman I played with shot a 77, and take away a couple of mistakes he made and he'd be close to par for the round. Plus he helped me a bit with my shorter irons and got me to tone down the monster backswing a bit so I can control them better, it definitely helped a lot.

Played in the men's club this morning. Blind partner event and also was qualifying with a partner for the Bluecoat Championship, the club two man best ball match play tournament. I was standing on the 17th tee five over for the day. Short dogleg right with a tee shot over a pond. Popped up a 3w that hit the far bank and rolled back in. Dropped on the ladies tee and chunked another 3w into the drink. Made 8. Bogeyed the last, an easy par five, for 82. Needed two pars for 77, and ended up with an 82. Other than that hole, I hit the ball really well. Finally. No wind and I actually hit my driver gps measured 250+ four times. What a relief, I thought I was officially old. I also three putted three times. I hit twelve greens in regulation, and putted from the fringe on a couple others. Weird day, but boy it felt good to hit the ball well.

For the best ball quailfying, my partner, a pleasant little Kiwi fellow with a 28 'cap, shot a 94. We were -11, and when I left it was looking like we will be the #1 or #2 seed. This guy is going to be a great partner if he stays anywhere near that and I can make a few putts.

woo hoo! congrats GG! thats so awesome! :clapp:

I shot a 104....it was the best round of my life and I am still on cloud 9! I am so excited :smile:
Niiiiiccccccceee. Look out 90s, here comes GolferGal!.

Feels good, doesn't it?

Kevin

Great round GG!

I shot a 104....it was the best round of my life and I am still on cloud 9! I am so excited :smile:

Way to go GG!! You'll be in the 90's by the next Outing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niiiiiccccccceee. Look out 90s, here comes GolferGal!.

Feels good, doesn't it?

Kevin

Thank you so much! And yes, it feels absolutely incredible. I just hope I can continue to improve. The key for me is practice, practice, practice!

Great round GG!

Thank you so much Smallville!!

Way to go GG!! You'll be in the 90's by the next Outing!

Thank you! If I actually broke 100 by the outing I think I would have to throw a party to celebrate.

Thank you! If I actually broke 100 by the outing I think I would have to throw a party to celebrate.

JB's wallet just had a heart attack lol

may this be the first of many milestones for you on the golf course! congrats!!!!!

i wasnt keeping score but my brother was... and according to him you beat me by a stroke and he beat me by 20... congrats GG

off the teebox distance wasnt my enemy... accuracy was... i hit draws on dogleg rights and fades on dogleg lefts... but at least they were going really far... lol

hit a bunch of fw's... altho this might seem awesome it wasnt... i cant play off of hardpan and the fw's were giving me fits... first cut of rough was the best... but i was rarely in the first cut... it was either hardpan or deep rough... so my approach shots were horrendous today...

chipping was great... pitching was not... chipping was so good i had 6 one putts... too bad i was putting for doubles and triples

i really need to trust my lines when i putt... the greens were tricky to say the least... i swear some putts broke uphill and away from water

I shot a 111 today. Toughest day on the course I have ever had. Driver simply would not work and it didn't matter how well everything else worked, the wind was beyond anything imaginable. I can and will turn this around tomorrow or not come home until I do, lol.

Thanks Kevin. I blamed it on the wind, but after sleeping on it last night I think I was simply over swinging. Trying to hit with and against a strong wind and playing with some big hitters, I know I was coming way over the top again. Today will be pretty interesting, lol.

Shot a 98 yesterday, the putter really let me down. I can tell that I have not been practicing putting.

only played 9 before i heard thunder and saw lightning...
im back to keeping score and didnt do as bad as the last 3-4 rounds... i was happy with the score but it shoulda been 3-4 strokes better...
shot a 43 on the back for a 7 over... not great but ill take it...

driver was slicing like a champ but didnt get me into too much trouble... so ill call it a power fade
lots of longggg approach shots into greens... thank goodness my 4w was money... if i wasnt on the green i was chipping from really close...
not too many pitches and didnt have too many reasons to use my mid irons(which is my nemesis right now)
putting was on fire(im trusting my lines and its paying off)
#1 par
#2 double
#3 par
#4 single
#5 par
#6 double
#7 par
#8 triple
#9 birdie

so i only had one real blow up hole cuz i dunked one in the water... parred every other hole... lolz
lipped out an eagle and lipped out a couple of birdies

Played in a 4 man scramble yesterday and put up 7 under w/ no bogeys. Approach shots were definitely the enemy for my team. Used my drive on every hole but 2, but a couple guys on the team couldn't hit their irons for squat. Really good putting though.

On another note, got a buddy playing at Hombre in Destin, FL for a Hooters Tour qualifier and he fired off a 68 today w/ 4 bogeys. If he can straighten it out I'll be caddying for a Hooters Tour member!

congrats on your round GG !! Looking forward to you breaking into the 90's.

I shot a 101 today. A par on the first hole and a 50 yard chip in to save par on a par 3, were the highlights of my round. I have to work on not standing up on the ball and topping it. so i will be out on the range and the course lots for the next two weeks while I am on vacation.

GG were you using your Nikes or demoing the TM superlaunch burners?

43-37 for 80. Dunked a drive on the front which resulted in a double. Hit a long drive on a par five that decided to nuzzle up to a bunker lip which resulted in a double. Was -1 on the back through the 17th and then doubled the last. Idiot.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back