Tell me about your Putter

I have my SeeMore DB-4 and my SeeMore SB-1 mallet which has been replaced.

I use a TM Rossa Modena 8. It's kind of like a poor man's Daytona.

modena8_agsi-plus_large.jpg

I used an old FILA putter from the early 90's before that.

I have really been considering this one... Loved the feel, although there are Rossa's on globalgolf for only 139 in 'mint' condition, so I am struggling haha

I'm another one who has used a bazillion different putters. Right now I'm using a Rife 2 bar hybrid and so far I'm liking it. The ball feels really good coming off the face and my distance control has been good with it.

I have really been considering this one... Loved the feel, although there are Rossa's on globalgolf for only 139 in 'mint' condition, so I am struggling haha

Yeah, the modena 8 has done right by me. I haven't tried a huge number of putters, but it's my favorite so far. $139 for a mint Daytona? dang!

Seemore FGP2. It's the same club as the FGP Mallet, but it is stainless and has some additional milling.

Great putter and worth every penny I paid. I spent some time on the practice green today and really got a good stroke grooved with it. The feel and sound off the face is soft, but very responsive. I love the alignment and the RST.

i spent too much on a putter but it rolls the line I stroke with the speed intended. it makes me feel the worst thing that can happen once I'm on the green is 2 putt. so i guess it was worth the money.

I use a TM Rossa Modena 8. It's kind of like a poor man's Daytona.

modena8_agsi-plus_large.jpg

I used an old FILA putter from the early 90's before that.

I use a SC Newport 2.5. It looks almost exactly like the TM with a milled face, not an insert. Love it. Super smooth feel.

I've been playing a SeeMore SB-1 mallet putter now for about a year, and my putting stats have improved measureably. I believe it is their only putter offered for a SBST putting stroke. Before the SB-1 I have their base model putter, and did not putt well witth it at all, and I sold it(at a small profit), I found out it is essentially designed for a gated, arc style stroke. Bought the SB out of a barrel of used clubs at my local store for $ 150, there's no need to buy new, eveybody uses used equipment. My advice: get what works, forget looks, sound, or feel , the stats tell the whole story. Easier said than done, thou.

SeeMore has quite a few putters around that amount. Here are my putters. I have a ptoblem.

844877020_cFzxB-XL.jpg

You just love golf brother and you are probaly like me, you don't hunt or fish etc. spend alot of money on other hobbies so you spend your extra bucks on golf stuff. You sure do have a beautiful collection and one day I am gonna pull the trigger on a SeeMore. I want to roll a few down there on the demo day to see which one feels like Bill. You know you have to have that special bond with the putter you going with when a little pressure is on the line.

I have the Never Compromise VooDoo, the Cleveland VP5 -- which is a really great little putter, and the Rife Belly which I have not sold yet...

The VP5 Cleveland is the one that used yesterday here at Dancing Rabbit, Miss..... The VooDoo Daddy might try to handle these big slick greens today :eek:)....

Ive been using a Seemore for a little while now and I must say they do make fantastic putters.
With my distance control issues, as well as struggling with hitting the ball in the center of the clubface, Ive needed to go to something with a dead face. The greens are so fast here, that its unbearable. I picked up a Walter Hagen Gold Star. If you see one online, youll laugh your head off.

I've been using a Rife Antigua for a couple of years. When I have time to keep up my playing, I really love it. But lately since we had a baby, I don't get to spend as much time golfing, and the Antigua has been particularly good about reminding me that golf skills are perishable.

I did luck out and win the putter that Putterzone.com gave away(Thanks JB for pointing us at that contest). It's a Cleveland T-Frame. So far, I think I like it. Being used to my Antigua, it's a big difference to look down and see all that much putter behind my ball. Getting passed that, it rolls the ball really well, and feels pretty good. I've never liked inserts on my putters, and the Rife and the Cleveland have milled faces, although they are quite different from each other. The Rife has horizontal grooves that are supposed to get the ball rolling. Ithink they work well. Rifes roll balls like nobody's business. The Cleveland has some kind of spirally milled grooves somewhat like those on the KiaMa milled putters that THP gave away. That face looks very nice, and rolls nice too. I've used the Cleveland the last couple of rounds, and if it keeps doing what it's doing, it will be kicking my Rife out of the bag. I rolled a forty-five footer up and over a ridge, and there were two breaks on the line, and the ball dropped. I know it was mostly luck, but when something like that happens, you still remember what club you hit to do it. I just have to spend some more time getting used to the new one.

Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball has certainly helped my putting. Putting is all about feel and personal preference but I also think that a lot of the more expensive putters are worth it, and some aren't!!! I like to change putters every 6 months, I tend to go through a honeymoon period then a change is as good as a holiday, like Tiger except with my putter, not my wife ...

I might have to bring my old titleist bullseye out ... oldy but a goodie

bulls_eye_old_standard_large.jpg

i sold my ping redwood zing, bought a brand new itsy bitsy spider and had change for some balls.

putting better than ever..

I have a Rife 2 Bar Mallet putter. It hasn't treated me well lately (37 and 39 putts last 2 rounds) so I may be in the market for something new. I am considering changing the grip first though. (superstroke slim)

I was looking for the ugliest putter available, so...

Really, it was just a matter of trying every putter in the store and noticing that the Sabertooth was head and shoulders above all others for me. It is always square in my hands, so I don't have to worry about closed/open face like some putters. It squares itself at impact for me, and it's very forgiving which was a huge consideration. I'd tried a Cleveland Classic and didn't like it because I felt like it was dead if I missed the sweet spot...they're obviously popular but not for me. My putting has definitely gotten better now that I've moved to the Sabertooth.

i have tried a billion putters... some really expensive... some really cheap... blades... mallets... mid mallets... even really odd shaped ones(spyders/tear drops/space ships/heavy etc) some felt like magic wands and others felt like tree branches... ive bought them then eventually sold them...

the one putter that i havent parted with and never will... isnt even worth $5 if i tried to get rid of it on ebay...

Same here, really tried to like some of them too, just always ended up going back to my old faithfull.

I tried to find a picture online of it, but can't even find one, how funny is that!

I love my Gel Scindo though I get made fun of quite a bit for it. There is something about it that gives me confidence, plus I am a big fan of the aluminum grooved insert.

Scindo.jpg

Re: Tell me about your Putter

I love my Gel Scindo though I get made fun of quite a bit for it. There is something about it that gives me confidence, plus I am a big fan of the aluminum grooved insert.

Scindo.jpg

I had never heard of gel putters before the spring THP outing but I know now they're sweet putter. Very unique looking and some down right funky turquoise grips. But they roll sweet.

My putter is a Taylor made white putter with three alignment lines on it and hole in the back. On the bottom its stamped THP and its at JB's house. Lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

I had never heard of gel putters before the spring THP outing but I know now they're sweet putter. Very unique looking and some down right funky turquoise grips. But they roll sweet.

My putter is a Taylor made white putter with three alignment lines on it and hole in the back. On the bottom its stamped THP and its at JB's house. Lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

I've heard it's downright spooky!

I have a Rife 2 Bar Mallet putter. It hasn't treated me well lately (37 and 39 putts last 2 rounds) so I may be in the market for something new. I am considering changing the grip first though. (superstroke slim)

I'm still putting well with my Rife Two Bar mallet. I love its weight and it fits my eye and putting stroke well.

Yeah - I think I may start tracking my stats on my first putt as well. As in short, left, right, long etc. That way I can help determine if it is an alignment problem, a weight problem or just me being an idiot. Right now I am leaning towards me being an idiot.

Same here, really tried to like some of them too, just always ended up going back to my old faithfull.

I tried to find a picture online of it, but can't even find one, how funny is that!

i doubt i can find a pic of mine online... hahaha... hmmm maybe ill try

Scindo.jpg

Hmmmmm I like that center shaft on that Scindo. What is a good site to order them from?

Last edited:
Back