JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Todd H is back with another review and this one is on a little gadget called the Sure Putt.

Here at THP we come across little gadgets available to us hackers that are designed to improve or help us with all aspects of our game. Recently THP received and sent out one of these gadgets to a few forum members to see if they worked for them as intended. The gadget? The Sure Putt from Sure Putt Golf. It claims to help you make more putts and thereby lower your score. Pretty simple and straight-forward but does it work? Check it out.

Read on.....

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11784

So, this is a level basically. So what is the difference between this for $39 and a 6" level I can pick up at Ace for $3.99?

Nice job on a tough product to review, Hanks. Agree that the price is a bit stiff, but they are nice looking and appear to be solidly built.

Just got a little note that I had to check out for myself......it appears the price is now $29.99 for this little device. Does that make this more interesting to any of you?

30 bucks? Whoa. I wasnt expecting that.
Just got a little note that I had to check out for myself......it appears the price is now $29.99 for this little device. Does that make this more interesting to any of you?

I'd say that's far more reasonable. Personally, I'd say $20-25 would be ideal, but $30 is a step in the right direction IMO.

After testing it, yes 30 bucks is a lot closer. Maybe still too high but if they can sell 2 colored dowl rods for $25 then the price is acceptable lol. It's a 5-10 dollar tool, with 20 bucks worth of metal work.

Thanks to KellyBo I am currently testing the Sure Putt device (or at least will test some more if the weather ever co-operates around here - we could use a bit of that 'global warming' I hear some folks rant about). I agree with most of you that $40 was a bit steep for the device, but it is most definitely high quality and worth well more than $9.99 as some suggest. The $30 price point is closer to reasonable, and maybe $20-25 is going to be a more appropriate price. But make no mistake - it is definitely worlds better than the Home Depot 6" level. I plan to take it out at least two more times and review it further, and then will pass it on to another THP'er to try.

Since it is illegal for tournaments, wouldn't hitting couple balls from the same spot do the trick? I mean, you ARE practicing right? I think even at $30, it is too expensive.

The Sure Putt is an utterly ridiculous product for 3 reasons: 1) the break & slope changes as the putt proceeds to the hole. What are you going to do take measurements all along the path? 2) It's too big. My golf buddies would run me off the course if I pulled out a piece of equipment that size in mid play. 3) It costs way too much. Summary: I bought one - took one look at it & immediately put it on ebay & filed it under the category live & learn.

Back