It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

ok...I am seriously wanting to do this. I just told my girlfriend about it and she said sure. she is just starting to play golf (bought clubs 2 weeks ago) but is always down with a florida getaway...

ok...I am seriously wanting to do this. I just told my girlfriend about it and she said sure. she is just starting to play golf (bought clubs 2 weeks ago) but is always down with a florida getaway...

You wont regret it CCR. It trully will be a memorable trip for everybody that comes. TWO full days of demo days, golf, fun, food, drinks, and more.

heck yeah china! that's fantastic! i hope you guys can make it.

Keep an eye on your flights sweets! If you start seeing them go up, book' em Dano!! (he-he... a little, and I mean LITTLE Hawaii humor there for you)

Marketplace (NPR money/business show) had a segment last night on summer travel via air and quoted several airline industry folks as saying if you want to fly anytime between now and middle/end of Sept to book early because seats are going fast, fares are going up, and airlines are trimming schedules/flights.

This is true, my intial flight that I had booked 3 weeks ago has been cancelled and the airline moved me to a different flight.. get your tickets early!!!

That is awesome CCR. We would love for you and your girlfriend to join the outing it should be a blast. There are going to be a lot of lady golfers there and we are of all different skill levels so if she would liek to play golf that would be great. If not I can speak from personal experience the spa and pools (they have 8 pools, a mix of a regular pool and mineral pools) are awesome!

ohhh...ok I will research airfare...I really want to come down and visit with you guys! what about transporting our golf bags though? Thats something I have never done...what the best way to do it?

ohhh...ok I will research airfare...I really want to come down and visit with you guys! what about transporting our golf bags though? Thats something I have never done...what the best way to do it?

dude, if it were me, i'd ship the your clubs to pganational. i'm sure there will be a spare bag or two you could borrow.

Its debatable. Most will use a travel bag and bring them on the plane (checked bags). Others will put them in a box and ship them to the hotel.

I just have heard horror stories of people losing their bags...I would be heartbroken if I lost my new irons! So a full bag of clubs is considered carry on??

Its debatable. Most will use a travel bag and bring them on the plane (checked bags). Others will put them in a box and ship them to the hotel.

Either option should be fine. PGA National has no problem storing your clubs until you get there and the planes are pretty good about watching out for the big items. On my way back from Texas to Florida a few weeks ago there were a ton of golf bags going through the baggage claim. So they are used to it.

That would be awesome if you came china!

Its looking more like a party :twist:

oh it will definitely be a party if I'm there...I promise I will do my best to keep us out of jail :devil:

Hope you can make it China! DO EEEEEEET!

Airfare shouldn't be much from where you are. Check out AirTran. Only 15.00 for your first checked bag (golf stuff). You can carry-on your clothes, etc.

We'll be shipping our clubs and have a plane transfer and I'm most paranoid about my clubs, but it'll be ok :) So you'll be fine!!

Just a note to all who are on the fence about checking your clubs with the airlines....as long as you have a good travel bag, wrap your clubs, and use a stiff arm protector you should be fine. airlines are used to this sort of thing. the real danger comes when your bag is tumbling down the baggage check ramp so be there to grab it before it lands in an awkward manner. otherwise, rlax and have faith.

Just a note to all who are on the fence about checking your clubs with the airlines....as long as you have a good travel bag, wrap your clubs, and use a stiff arm protector you should be fine. airlines are used to this sort of thing. the real danger comes when your bag is tumbling down the baggage check ramp so be there to grab it before it lands in an awkward manner. otherwise, rlax and have faith.

yes sir captain golf travel!

Back