Live from the Second City....

Last night, Eric and I went to Sheffields -- for the food, of course....

It was... refreshing!

:}

No way! I was just there for a business lunch/beers before the cubbies game. Too funny.

Ha! And Eric and I just got back from golf practice.

Seriously, I love Sheffields. We were there for the tapping of one of the beers: Four, by Surly Beer Co. It was tres awesome!

Go Cubs! It was a great day to go to a game. Hope you had fun!

Kim

Welcome to THP! My husband (Gray Golfer) and I both thoroughly enjoy this site. We are taking lessons together too. Best wishes to you!

Welcome to THP Kim. I've only been to Chicago once and loved it.

Welcome to THP! I'll be making my way to the windy city quite a bit more now that my parents just moved there. That some thin Texas blood moving to a cold winter place. Should be interesting lol

Welcome to THP! I'll be making my way to the windy city quite a bit more now that my parents just moved there. That some thin Texas blood moving to a cold winter place. Should be interesting lol

You know, I never really knew what "cold" was until I had my nose hairs literally freeze on the walk back to my car during a night class.

Of course, that was when I lived in the burbs. Just being in the city makes you feel warmer. Chicago has a lot to offer; I honestly love it here (but would still love to retire to Maui: oh, the ocean, the tropical drinks, the awesome beer, the golf....).

Kim

You know, I never really knew what "cold" was until I had my nose hairs literally freeze on the walk back to my car during a night class.

Of course, that was when I lived in the burbs. Just being in the city makes you feel warmer. Chicago has a lot to offer; I honestly love it here (but would still love to retire to Maui: oh, the ocean, the tropical drinks, the awesome beer, the golf....).

Kim

I know the feeling of warmth here too. Everytime I get on the EL on a cold winter day, I am instantly warmed. Perhaps that has more to do with being packed like a sardine in the EL car than anything else, but hey, at least it is warm.

I know the feeling of warmth here too. Everytime I get on the EL on a cold winter day, I am instantly warmed. Perhaps that has more to do with being packed like a sardine in the EL car than anything else, but hey, at least it is warm.

It beats the NYC subways (lived there -- in the city, not the subways -- for three years), where there seems to be a very high correlation between odor and warmth. I realize that's correlation, not causation, but still....

One of the things I like about Chicago is that everyone wears some kind of headcovering in the winter months. In the burbs, peeople wouldn't be caught dead mussing up their well-coiffed 'dos.

Kim

Yeah my parents are in for a rough winter lol. They have no idea what cold is like that. We did live in Mass for a couple years when I was younger but I think Chicago is colder.

Yeah my parents are in for a rough winter lol. They have no idea what cold is like that. We did live in Mass for a couple years when I was younger but I think Chicago is colder.

And the funny thing is, in the grand scheme of things even chicago isn't that cold

Just got back from almost a week in Chicago. If it weren't for torrential rain on Monday, I'd have been tempted to tell Hubby I was leaving him for a city. God, I love that place.

I'm a Cheesehead that loves Chicago. Aside from all the Bears fans. I'm partial to Lou Malnati's, Hot Doug's, and Al's Beef. If you haven't tried it, give Cafe Iberico on N. LaSalle a whirl for tapas. One of my favorite restaurants anywhere. Hot Doug's may be my all time favorite.

Kevin

I got a kick out of all the public sculpture sporting Black Hawk helmets. Only in Chicago.

Still, that town handles its public space better than any other city in the U.S.

It also seems very clean to me. Except for the Bears fans.

Kevin

Yeah, I lived in NYC for 3 years, and Chicago is much cleaner and nicer. I mean, even the subways here are clean. In fact, every time I get on the L, I keep asking myself, "Now why are they wasting taxpayer $$ on new subway cars when you can eat off the floor of the current ones?" Sheesh.

Oh, and Buffalo is pretty sports-friendly. When the Bills manage to get themselves into high gear, all of the statues around town are decorated with Bills helmets.

I got a kick out of all the public sculpture sporting Black Hawk helmets. Only in Chicago.

Still, that town handles its public space better than any other city in the U.S.

I helps when we have a Mayor who isn't afraid to wield power. Of course, there can be downsides to that as well.

I'm a Cheesehead that loves Chicago. Aside from all the Bears fans. I'm partial to Lou Malnati's, Hot Doug's, and Al's Beef. If you haven't tried it, give Cafe Iberico on N. LaSalle a whirl for tapas. One of my favorite restaurants anywhere. Hot Doug's may be my all time favorite.

Cafe Iberico is also one of my favorite tapas bars. Next time you are in town, try Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba (in my neighborhood). It will give you a chance to compare some good tapas.

I helps when we have a Mayor who isn't afraid to wield power. Of course, there can be downsides to that as well.

Cafe Iberico is also one of my favorite tapas bars. Next time you are in town, try Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba (in my neighborhood). It will give you a chance to compare some good tapas.

Funny. My MD just recommended BBR when I saw him on Monday.

And re: Daley. Did you happen to catch the HUGE banner at the Blackhawks rally yesterday: "The City of Chicago Richard M. Daley Mayor welcomes (Blackhawks symbol and Stanley Cup symbol). I swear, it's no different from having Blago's name on the toll signs. Sigh.

Back