Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Great info guys,I'm still looking for a new 3-hybrid and looking forward to trying the mashie.

Yes, I think I'll be trying one soon!

Bridges you were honest and tried harder than I have ever seen anyone try to hit a club. It was a little more than 30 lol, but man I'd be there in a heartbeat again. Sorry it did not work out for you but it's definitely not a defeat. Like the girl/guy that didn't work out for whatever reason even though they were amazing people, it's just a lesson and you can still be friends :)

Super admirable Bridges. It takes a man to make a post like that. I'm proud of ya.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Bridges,
Thanks for the honest reviews, sorry it did not work out for you. I appreciate your efforts and trying to make it work but being honest is more important.

Love reading, you guys are doing a great job. I only wish I could talk my wife into letting me buy one.

I was texting Rhino today while I was at the simulator giving this bad boy a few swings. I wasn't getting super consistant distances which made water holes tough lol but boy it was accurate and I just hitting a little draw rather than hook today. Loved it. Now the distance part was not where I like it but to be honest Ill take the extra yards. Lol, getting almost 3w distance is something Ill take any day with a hybrid.

Im gonna go back to the store and see if I can demo the M2 again and try to find and M1 somewhere to hit. Firmly in my bag and is my go to club.

Great post Bridges and I for one have really enjoyed reading your reviews.

Sorry that the Mashie didn't work out four you Bridges. However, the fact that you had trouble with the club, wrote honest reviews, and gave it your best shot is a testament to what makes this site so great and useful. We all know that no one club is going to be right for everyone, and while this one proves to be good for many, it is no exception. The fact that you could post honest feedback (and that is what Cleveland wanted) is awesome, and a great service to the club-buying public.

Great post Bridges, sorry the club could not work for you. but kudos to you for the effort you put in to your test and review.

Bridges you were honest and tried harder than I have ever seen anyone try to hit a club. It was a little more than 30 lol, but man I'd be there in a heartbeat again. Sorry it did not work out for you but it's definitely not a defeat. Like the girl/guy that didn't work out for whatever reason even though they were amazing people, it's just a lesson and you can still be friends :)

Super admirable Bridges. It takes a man to make a post like that. I'm proud of ya.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Bridges,
Thanks for the honest reviews, sorry it did not work out for you. I appreciate your efforts and trying to make it work but being honest is more important.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

Have the pre-ordered mashies from blind9 started shipping yet?

Hey guys I dunno if you would have any info on this but I'm heading over to Ft.Myers this weekend, and Golf galaxy is having their Cleveland launch event saturday, will Mashie's be available to buy on the spot? I think I saw a 2/18 release date but not sure if its confirmed. There also is a big demo day at a local course the same day so hope to test this baby out and see how it is, looking forward to testing it out!

Hey guys I dunno if you would have any info on this but I'm heading over to Ft.Myers this weekend, and Golf galaxy is having their Cleveland launch event saturday, will Mashie's be available to buy on the spot? I think I saw a 2/18 release date but not sure if its confirmed. There also is a big demo day at a local course the same day so hope to test this baby out and see how it is, looking forward to testing it out!

Golf Galaxy is doing a big launch event at all their stores Saturday...I would be very surprised if they didn't have their supply to sell in hand (even if other stores haven't received their shipment yet).

thanks for the honest feedback Bridges!

Well its sad day here at the Bridges household. Today is the day I must admit defeat. Mashie and I had a great time. Ventured through trees, back yards, roof tops, a few cart paths, scared a few wild animals and most recently went for a swim.

It has been almost 2 full months since i first started testing the mashie and it has been a blast. I enjoyed hitting it, and while I was more frustrated than happy, I really enjoyed writing reviews and talking with the other 5 testers about the clubs. I must have sent Yoccos and TC about 30 txs each asking for advice and just talking with them about the club.

It is a great draw dropping, goofy grin on your face club when you catch it clean, the few great shots I hit were just flat out amazing. I wanted desperately to be able to hit this club because of the fact when you hit it good, it just goes. Ball flight was great, distance was excellent and the feel was amazing. It is a very forgiving hybrid and can take on just about any lie you throw at it.

Wanted to have a little part about the shaft. AMAZING! Is a word that fits it very well. I love the feeling of the shaft when it contacted the ball. I could feel all the way up through my hands on exactly were the ball hit the club face and when you just pure one its like nothing you have ever felt before. Just an awesome feeling. Big props for Cleveland putting a $200 dollar shaft in a club then making it very very affordable.

The head cover held up great as well as the grip, I had no issues whatsoever with both of those. The club face held up very nicely to wear and was very easy to clean.

I just could never get comfortable with the mashie, I would have a good day followed by 2-3 bad days then another good day, just no consistency though. I hit a lot of hooks and big draws, and I just cant have that in a hybrid. As I said before, I wanted to love it but just could not get it to work for me. I tried many different ball positions with no luck, I always ended up just looking down and shaking my head after every shot (much like what JB looked like after GG out drove him. Sorry JB, I had to haha) The mashie can be used in a lot of ways, I hit numerous low stingers with great success, in fact I had the most success with that, was very easy to hit little chip shots on the green to. But after all was said and done it just did not work out for my game and Im very sad that it didnt.

I hope all of you that have ordered a mashie because of this thread really end up loving it. I have read every single comment in here and seeing everyone so excited about one club is really awesome. I cant wait to read everyone's reviews and I hope it works out for all of you!

I cant thank Cleveland Golf and THP enough, I really have enjoyed this experience, it was hard work but was worth every second of it. Looking forward to hopefully being able to test out more clubs in the future.

Thank you everyone for reading all of my reviews and your kind words, it was much appreciated!

I've enjoyed your writing and honesty Bridges! I hope you find a hybrid that fits your game a little better!

I ordered mine through Discount Dan's Golf and was told today Miyazaki Kua 83 x is in back order but should ship next Tuesday. I hope everyone's order arrives quickly!!! Everyone is going to love this club!!

I ordered mine through Discount Dan's Golf and was told today Miyazaki Kua 83 x is in back order but should ship next Tuesday. I hope everyone order arrives quickly!!! Everyone is going to love this club!!

59 or 83g?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

Don´t worry Bridges and thank you for your review! Your comments could be mine.
The Mashie is an awesome club, but the head with the closed faced and offset doesn´t work for me, too.
I have never used a better shaft in a hybrid!
A club should fit your swing. So, I´ll try now the awesome Miyazaki shaft in another head (without offset, not closed face, not draw weighted).

Last edited:
We just got off the phone with Cleveland and were told that it has been picked up by the carrier to be shipped. They said yesterday that it hadn't shipped, so hopefully the clubs will be in our store by tomorrow (FINGERS CROSSED). Sorry for the delay everyone who ordered from us!!

We just got off the phone with Cleveland and were told that it has been picked up by the carrier to be shipped. They said yesterday that it hadn't shipped, so hopefully the clubs will be in our store by tomorrow (FINGERS CROSSED). Sorry for the delay everyone who ordered from us!!

It's all good! It'll be WELL worth it methinks. Plus, I dont mind waiting when I know I'm getting great customer service!

Are there some early 83g orders in that shipment? I was sent an email saying I was in the first order but not sure if the 83g were picked with that order.

Hoping I get to hit the Mashie this weekend if it's at the local Golf Galaxy this weekend. Sounds like the majority have nothing but positive things to say about it. I have grown fond of my Adams hybrids but would be willing to give them a rest if the Mashie performs for me.

Apparently One-T and TC stopped at something that kind of resembles a driving range and filmed this quick video. TC is wearing his sunday best. I told them I would put this up for them.

That made me ROTFL. That was awesome, that is exactly what I imagine the south to look like, dry dusty driving ranges with big southern men hitting mashies and yelling about it.

Back