The Irish Lass Buys Her RoboSwing

What drill did you get for hitting out to right field? My pro has started to work with me on this. My goal is to start the ball on a line right of target and have it draw back in. I'm not sure if that's what your trying to do though.

The drill I have is to address the ball as normal and then slide my right foot closer to my left and slide it behind me. So my shoulders are square with my target line but my feet are real closed to it. Swing and make sure to release. I hit real nice pushes when I forget to release the club, lol.

No real drill--just get the clubhead to left (for me) field on the follow through.

So--Hubby and I played nine holes (all the time we had to ourselves) this afternoon. My good shots are getting better. If I could straighten out my ball flight, I'd be happy with the distance. I could see I'm finally making progress, and (when prompted) Hubby remarked on it as well. Best of all: I beat him. For the first time ever. Except it had a lot more with his putting than my ball striking. But still, it felt good.

Congrats on whipping up on hubby, Claire.

no doubt! props on taking down Mr. Claire!

Best of all: I beat him. For the first time ever. Except it had a lot more with his putting than my ball striking. But still, it felt good.

Congrats Claire! :thumb:

I've scheduled the MRI for the shoulder. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Best of luck with the MRI- hopefully they don't find anything serious

I don't know what I want them to find. I can feel my shoulder protecting itself on my follow through, and the results aren't pretty.

It's been awhile since I've posted in this thread, mostly because my shoulder is giving me so many problems I haven't been practicing as much as I should (my perennial excuse, to which poor Esox was subject).

Anyway, it hurts my shoulders too much to do a lot about the release, but the pro last had me working on timing--specifically getting my belt buckle ahead of my hands on the downswing. I swear, there is absolutely nothing about the golf swing that is intuitive for me. I'm also trying to keep my finish position for a few seconds. That forces me to do everything right on the way TO the finish and not get sloppy. So far, so good. Let's hope the weather holds off for my league tomorrow. I'll just take a whole lot of Ibuprofin first.

good luck claire, with the league play, and mostly with the shoulder. it must be driving you mad.

Thanks--it is. I had my MRI, or part of it. They had me rotate my shoulder just slightly out for the procedure (thumb pointing up), and it hurt so much that I couldn't finish. I'm no wimp about pain--I had a 17 hour induced labor without an epidural--but that was just killing me.

I saw Dr. Hottie, my sports medicine guy, today. He pulled out his ultrasound machine and couldn't find anything (though he did rub gel all over my shoulder and arm, which was very nice). So I got a prescription for Percoset, another MRI scheduled, and will have a cortisone shot four days in advance. Hopefully that and the Percoset will get me through the MRI.

god, that sounds like it hurts! sorry to hear that. the drugs will help immensely. hang in there, i just hope it's a good report.

best of luck Claire but be carefully with those Percs, they can make you loopy!

lol when I had rotator cuff surgery they gave me those for when the nerve block wore off. so about 24-36 hours after surgery I start eating the percs like candy cause I'm in alot of pain. well next thing I know its 3am and I am in the living room with the tv blaring and all the lights on in the house trying to stay awake cause every time I close my eyes and go to sleep I start hallucinating! bad stuff too demons and spooky stuff, the walls appear to be bubbling and on fire. bad bad night. next day I stopped the percs cold turkey and started eating handfulls of Advil. I HATE prescription pain pills, so much worse then beer and pot and has alot of todays youth addicted to them. its crazy like legal drug dealers

Thanks--it is. I had my MRI, or part of it. They had me rotate my shoulder just slightly out for the procedure (thumb pointing up), and it hurt so much that I couldn't finish. I'm no wimp about pain--I had a 17 hour induced labor without an epidural--but that was just killing me.

I saw Dr. Hottie, my sports medicine guy, today. He pulled out his ultrasound machine and couldn't find anything (though he did rub gel all over my shoulder and arm, which was very nice). So I got a prescription for Percoset, another MRI scheduled, and will have a cortisone shot four days in advance. Hopefully that and the Percoset will get me through the MRI.

Tell Dr. Hottie to get off his ass and fix you. I know you're tough, hell, you made it 14 holes in the same cart with me and my WI accent, but this seems ridiculous. I'm going to be angry with Dr. Hottie until he gives you some news you can count on.

Kevin

Tell Dr. Hottie to get off his ass and fix you. I know you're tough, hell, you made it 14 holes in the same cart with me and my WI accent, but this seems ridiculous. I'm going to be angry with Dr. Hottie until he gives you some news you can count on.

Kevin

In Dr. Hottie's defense, he's an internist, not a surgeon. It's nice having a sports medicine guy whose first instinct isn't to cut.

And the 14 holes with you was a hoot.

This should be a rant, but I finally got a diagnosis on my shoulder--it's the rotator cuff. Surgery is a given, followed by up to three months of an immobilized shoulder. (Take a moment to contemplate three months of trying to groom yourself, prepare meals, do chores, whatever, with only one arm. Driving will be out of the question.) I see the surgeon Tuesday.

That said, the hybrids are doing great. I have to work on getting the swing inside-outside with the driver and woods, but it's coming. Just in time to stop for the season.

On Monday, Hubby and I played an event that consisted of 59 guys and me. Really. So I swept the women's prizes--low gross, low net, longest drive--you name it.

sorry to hear about the rotator cuff but congrats on sweeping the womans event!

This should be a rant, but I finally got a diagnosis on my shoulder--it's the rotator cuff. Surgery is a given, followed by up to three months of an immobilized shoulder. (Take a moment to contemplate three months of trying to groom yourself, prepare meals, do chores, whatever, with only one arm. Driving will be out of the question.) I see the surgeon Tuesday.

That said, the hybrids are doing great. I have to work on getting the swing inside-outside with the driver and woods, but it's coming. Just in time to stop for the season.

On Monday, Hubby and I played an event that consisted of 59 guys and me. Really. So I swept the women's prizes--low gross, low net, longest drive--you name it.

Sorry to hear that Claire. But it's good to see you!

Why no driving? You don't drive a stick do you? (I've never had an immobilized shoulder so I'm not sure how much it would affect your driving.)

Why no driving? You don't drive a stick do you? (I've never had an immobilized shoulder so I'm not sure how much it would affect your driving.)

Have you ever tried to hit your #1 Wood with just one hand? I think that would be pretty tough

sorry to hear about the injury.That's a total bummer.Hopefully after the recovery period you'll be better than ever with your swing.

Let's see--there's turning the ignition; moving between park, drive, and reverse; turning sharp corners, etc. etc.

Ahhh, right shoulder. You probably mentioned that somewhere else in this thread but I didn't remember.

Surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday. At least I won't have to wait much longer.

best of luck Claire! and be patient and do ALL of your excersies as told! rehab is gonna be the most important thing for you to get back close to where you were. rememeber ice. more ice and even more ice! and if they ask you if you want a nerve block take it, will only last about 48 hours but well worth it

Back