What Putter Would You Like?

I would if you'd change the date. I have a wedding to be in on Saturday the 18th and I committed to him first. :sad:

Of their wedding? Sure! Their wedding is now on the 25th.

Back on topic, lets remember the question is what putter WOULD you purchase to use or collect with a $500 budget. Not what putter do you wish they would make, what putter shouuld be available to more people, or what putter I wish was cheaper. THanks guys.

i love the odyssey black #9, but since i have a sweet budget i think i might lean more towards this guy:

productimage-picture-m2-m2w-13_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

I'd like to try out a genuine 8802 or perhaps some vintage T.P. Mills designs.

I have a T.P. Mills (a #3 I believe) and I have a Jack Nicklaus 8802 MacGregor knock off complete with the leather grip and I really like them both. In fact, the T.P. Mills was my "go to" putter for a lot of years and it's always served me well. The Mac 8802 is really nice, but I'd still like to try the real thing.

-JP

I agree. I have not tried the tour black one yet, but I've had the white hot #9 in the bag for about 2 years now.

I agree. I have not tried the tour black one yet, but I've had the white hot #9 in the bag for about 2 years now.

The Ghost anser style all the way. On a side note, after today I would not take $500 for my old Slotline!

I love to give the Never Compromise NCX- Ray Beta a go but have not been able to find it anywhere in a LH'd version.

Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo TP by Kia Ma

taylormade%20rossa%20kiama%20monte%20carlo.jpg

I love to give the Never Compromise NCX- Ray Beta a go but have not been able to find it anywhere in a LH'd version.

I believe I know why it appears that it's not available in lefty...

I would love to have a Scotty Newport 2.0, Black milled Odyssey, Taylormade Ghost, and Seemore DB4 sitting at my doorstep, with a tag that says "try them for a week and put your favourite in your bag."

That would rule everything I know.

I would like to try a Yamata Milled. The two or three models that are available here in the states all appear to be in the $425.-$450. range so they would be under the $500 budget. I would try either the Heritage V3 or the TX-001

To those looking for an Odyssey #9...it's not the black version, but Rock Bottom has the White Hot Tour (both LH and RH) for $69.99 right now.

As for what I'd like for a putter; I'm happy with the putter I currently use, but for show I wish I would have bought one of those hand-made wood ones I seen at a golf show back in Cleveland a few months ago. They were absolutely beautiful, felt pretty decent in my hand, but I don't think I could keep something like that in my bag.

I think for me it would have to be the Scotty Cameron 2006 Holiday Collection putter ever since I first seen it that has always been on the top of the list for must have putters.

I think for me it would have to be the Scotty Cameron 2006 Holiday Collection putter ever since I first seen it that has always been on the top of the list for must have putters.

Dont those go for more than $500?

i was thinking about this thread last night and if someone literally gave me $500 to buy any putter, i'd have to do more thinking. i honestly think i'd go through a fitting with the guys at seemore. i spent some time on their website last night. i read through all the testimonials and one thing kept popping up in my head: these guys make putters that work.....period.....and ultimately, i think that's what i need.

This is a decision that I am not capable of making. Today, the Ghost would be my choice. I seem to go through them quickly.

I have always loved this putter and yesterday found a great deal and jumped on it.

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Last edited:
I know my knowlegde of putter is not nearly as much as many of the poeple here but if I were to be asked this question I would honeslty have to say the one in my bag right now. Since I put this cleveland putter in my bag I have noticed my number of putts per hols and of course per round go way down. Yes others are nicer looking and such but this one works and that is what I want a putter for, help put the ball in the hole. Well maybe the same putter in bronze. :smile-big:

I just saw a Boomerang putter on boomgolf.com that looked sweet. The video is kinda creepy without the sound. They keep cutting to the close ups of his face at different angles. I just found the design interesting.

Back