Will You Be Better?

That is awesome to hear. GG, is going to be a lot better this year too.

I hope to do much better(Don`t we all?). I am going to make myself golf more, work isn`t everything, and that should help more than anything since I have only played about 4 rounds each year the last five years. I also have some new weapons, but not sure that will help but no more excuses.

Reactions: JB
Im very excited about this year. Since Im really only heading into my 2nd year golfing I feel I can improve practically every time I play. Theres a good chance I will be working part time at my local course which means I can play for free there. So hopefully I will have the opportunity to play ALOT in 09. Im finally starting to get some confidence with my overall game which makes a huge difference for me. I really want to take it more seriously this year and improve as much as possible. which unfortunately means less flirting with the cart girls...

Positive thinking--I wiill definitely be better.

This will be the year no one will ask me some polite variant of, "your swing is so pretty, why is your game so lousy?"

In fact, I may even get, "you're pretty good--for a woman," and I won't even resent it.

This year i am going for a cap near 0. I know i can do it, all i need to do is practise right and now get lazy. Seeing a swing coach and im seriously looking to win some tournements this summer.

Wow,
13 strokes are lofty goals. We wish you the best of luck and want to hear all about your progress.

This year i am going for a cap near 0. I know i can do it, all i need to do is practise right and now get lazy. Seeing a swing coach and im seriously looking to win some tournements this summer.

Ya 13 strokes is alot, good luck with your goal. It is really hard to do it gets harder and harder as you decrease.

Ya 13 strokes is alot, good luck with your goal. It is really hard to do it gets harder and harder as you decrease.

I know, especially up north, but ive been practicing everyday for the past few weeks and plan to work even harder as the weather gets better. Its going to really tough but i think its within reach.

I am hoping to shoot below par this summer when school lets out. That is all I plan on doing this summer, is just play golf and practice, because when school starts again, the golf season would already be under way and I MUST MUST ABSOLUTELY MUST be ready, because I have committed myself to taking our school to States. It has become a goal of mine, nobody has put it on me, its just something I put on myself and I plan on getting it done. The path to glory will be extremely tough. I believe I will be the only senior left on the team (unless our coach will put some additional seniors on the team) but most of the underclassmen that make up the majority of the team are pretty decent players. Our school will be going up against such big powers like American Heritage high school, St. Thomas Aquinas, and others and these schools are WINNERS. Our school is the underdog, this season my coach informed me that they had made regionals for the first time in 13 years, and next season, I will accept nothing less than the STATE title. No excuses.

I just took a video of my swing, and it is a lot different from last year, it looks nice but I have a lot of flaws in it currently that are making me play a fade. I do some weird things in it as well, but I see some potential within the swing too.

I am hoping to shoot below par this summer when school lets out. That is all I plan on doing this summer, is just play golf and practice, because when school starts again, the golf season would already be under way and I MUST MUST ABSOLUTELY MUST be ready, because I have committed myself to taking our school to States. It has become a goal of mine, nobody has put it on me, its just something I put on myself and I plan on getting it done. The path to glory will be extremely tough. I believe I will be the only senior left on the team (unless our coach will put some additional seniors on the team) but most of the underclassmen that make up the majority of the team are pretty decent players. Our school will be going up against such big powers like American Heritage high school, St. Thomas Aquinas, and others and these schools are WINNERS. Our school is the underdog, this season my coach informed me that they had made regionals for the first time in 13 years, and next season, I will accept nothing less than the STATE title. No excuses.

Best of luck, DRJ! Those are lofty goals. Let us know how the season unfolds.

In fact, I may even get, "you're pretty good--for a woman," and I won't even resent it.

Love it Claire!:female-fighter:

I am hoping to improve to get out of the 90s this year. I am looking into lessons, but it is tough to find "the right" pro. I will be playing more this season, joined my first league, so hopefully just the consistency of playing will help improve my game. Last year I started out the season gaining more distance per club and finished the season taking a little off, so less distance, but I was able to be more consistent. My scores were better at the end of the season.

sox,
Maybe Amollerud on our site can recommend someone to you. He has been teaching for years and is so good. He seems to know everybody around the country as well. Plus with his ties to Acushnet, he might know a few in your area.

Sox i just took a lesson today in Rockland which was the best lesson i have ever taken. It was from Paul Coutoumas who teaches out of the Harmon Golf Center in Rockland. He uses video analysis and some other things that i havent used in other lessons. Highly reccomended.

sox,
Maybe Amollerud on our site can recommend someone to you. He has been teaching for years and is so good. He seems to know everybody around the country as well. Plus with his ties to Acushnet, he might know a few in your area.

That would be great if he could, I will ask him. Thanks!

I have to admit, reading Paper Tiger was a hilarious read. I couldn't put it down. Apparently others have a different review, but this helped me get my head in the right place during the winter, while all I had to look forward to was pounding ball after ball in the heated stalls..

We are getting close to golf season for most of the members (a month or so). Do you think that this year you will get better? Last year I kind of regressed, and really have been working hard to get my game back.

Where do you think your game will be and where will it go for this season?

last year my game was a high single digit
my game has been in the crapper since the beginning of this year
im the kind of golfer that needs to play/practice alot in order to be consistent
this last winter was brutal and there was a period of a month and a half of horrendous weather
i envy some of my friends who play 1 or 2x a year and can shoot in the low 80s
im also at the point where practice isnt helping me or at least what im doing in practice isnt translating to the course

so im on the very verge of getting everything where i want it and my scores are slowly improving... slowly

I think this will be an up year for me. My short game is where my focus is. Chipping/putting are my focus and have saved me a ton. This past weekend I got up and down 6 times and shot 76 in 20-30mph winds.

I have the potential to be a a + handicapper.

I am currently at 10.

I seriously just need to become a more consistent putter not necessarily a better putter also need to adjust to playing a better ball and become more aggressive with my chipping and pitching.

By January 1, 2011 I would ideally be a 5 handicap.

We shall see.

I've already improved my handicap slightly this season, which is nice, considering I've only started playing regularly again in the last 3 weeks.

My aim is to practice, and cut out some silly mistakes, which might cost me as much in terms of sanity as it does in terms of shots. Short game is my focus area for the next while. Putting coming along nicely, chipping and pitching to follow!

It will be a year for me in July and I've def gotten better. I can hit 100 yards :D

I'm also on my 2nd instructor and working on what needs work!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

i am getting my game back... today i shot 2 over on the back... too bad teh front was 12 over =/

Living in Florida, there never is a new golf season. It just goes on and on. That is one of the things I miss about living in the North.

Living in Florida, there never is a new golf season. It just goes on and on. That is one of the things I miss about living in the North.

Being able to play all year round? Sounds tough! :clap:

I think I can shave some serious strokes.

My wedge play is as good as ever, if mot better.
My ball striking has improved immensely.
I am working on driver inconsistencies, and may shorten it a little to iron out some wild shots.

As long as I can keep it straight off the tee, I will break 100 tis year.

Back