What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back to the course of my first 89 from a few weeks ago today. Shot 46/45 for a 91. I played ok with a struggle. It was one of those days where I wasnt sure where the ball was going but made enough shots and putts to keep it respectable. First time out with the Ghost in the bag. I think I didnt trust it enough today. I noticed that all my three putts, 2 on each nice, were all on GIR's. That hurts. And only a single one putt on each nine. I needed JB or TC there for the first par 5 today. I blasted a drive that caught the side of a sand trap hill and kicked it down the fairway for 289 yards. And Im talking real life too, not an internet drive!!! That left, according to the GPS about 200 to the green. Thats right I got greedy and grabbed the 3W. Ball meet woods. Kevin meet double bogey for the hole.*!@#*!*!! Down hill lie, I knew it was going to happen. Driving was all over the place today, which cost me some shots. But the X-24's really kept me close. I was getting a nice slight draw onto the greens all day. That helped me come out even on the par 3's.

dude, you'll start playing to a number and taking those dumb numbers out. glad to hear that the 24's are treating you well!

dude, you'll start playing to a number and taking those dumb numbers out. glad to hear that the 24's are treating you well!

yeah man very well. Whats upsetting is Ive been doing that and the one hole I dont bites me.

yeah man very well. Whats upsetting is Ive been doing that and the one hole I dont bites me.

i know man, i've had 3 times since sticking to the plan where i've been inside 220 for my second and i hit a gap wedge both times. birdied two and par'd one. i'll take that though!

Only could sneak out for a quick nine today and shot an underwhelming 44. Missed 3 or 4 birdie putts, and had two blow up holes (7 on a mean par 4, and a 7 on an easy par 5)...hopefully going out this weekend to celebrate father's day.

i know man, i've had 3 times since sticking to the plan where i've been inside 220 for my second and i hit a gap wedge both times. birdied two and par'd one. i'll take that though!

Yeah me too. Much better then the double I took. That 200-220 yardage kills me.

Kevin, glad to hear the new irons are working for you, I am trying to "play to a number" like tc and JB talk about. It does work, gotta check ego at the door as the saying goes, especially with the 200-220 range. But you can do it and I hope it works for you.

Thanks WR. Ive seen it work before and I even thought about it standing over my ball today. Thats probably why it went into the woods lol. And then it being a downhill lie, should have never even tried!

Nice round Kevin! Sounds like you and I are neck and neck, it'd be a great time playing with ya!

41 tonight, with two birdies. Blew some putts, made some mistakes, and should have played a bit less reckless.

Oh well. Still early in the season!

nice round bogey! :clapp:

Nice round Kevin! Sounds like you and I are neck and neck, it'd be a great time playing with ya!

Thanks bro! Same to you! Hopefully we can put some rounds up in here!

just went back and read about your round OEM. congrats, sounds like those 24's and ghost are treating you right!

41 tonight, with two birdies. Blew some putts, made some mistakes, and should have played a bit less reckless.

Oh well. Still early in the season!

pretty solid round! imagine how much lower you'd go without a gut full of that mexican food.

shot an 86 today... which was really disappointing since my ball striking seems to feel so much better...
12 over front =/
2 over back... unbelievable!
i had the hooks on the front something fierce... everything went left and this course is a slicers dream... left was not a good place to be on most holes in the front
i changed my grip and slowed my tempo on the back and was going at everything... my misses were in great spots and even missing girs i still got up and down relatively easy

im so happy that i went 2 over... now i have to get both sides to do that

Damn dude you scorched the back! nice round bro!!

just went back and read about your round OEM. congrats, sounds like those 24's and ghost are treating you right!

Thanks SH! Yes they are! Very happy the 24's and Ghost too!

hey OEM hows the finish holding up on the 24's?

hey OEM hows the finish holding up on the 24's?

They got marks and wear for sure. I'll try to finally clean them up and post pictures when I wake up tomorrow.

pretty solid round! imagine how much lower you'd go without a gut full of that mexican food.

haha I did not enjoy that for lunch today. I've been eating PB and J. Boring, but it means more golf equipment at the end of each week haha

This weekend played 36 holes Saturday. In the morning round, with 20-30mph winds shot 83 with an 8(par 5) on the final hole. Played better than my score. Had a double bunker, two 3 putts and the brutal 8(OB).

The afternoon round shot 76, with 15 pars, 2 bogies and a double. The double was an island green par 3(birdied in the morning round). Hit a nice punch PW and though it was real good shot. As I posed there, watched it hit the bank short of the green and roll back into the water. Damn.

On second round, hit a good tee shot on 18, had 220 in over a creek. played safe to 90 yards and left the putt one roll short. Damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back