Official US Open Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil is at +4 and the leaders-in-the-clubhouse, are only at -1, thats only 5 strokes after the 1st day of the US Open, I'm not ready to call myself out of it yet!

No question about it. Phil is not done.

Agreed. He can make it back into the mix. Hopefully.

I'm hoping it's Eldrick.

Someone will be better than -1 when the day is out.

Not sure I agree with that. And if so, it wont be by much.

Yeah its not like somebody is going to finish -5 or anywhere near that. Only person I could see doing that is Tiger after magically finding his game of 10 years ago.

I figure -3 should be attainable for one of these afternoon guys. Scratch that if the wind picks up though.

What a putt there for Poulter. I can't remember ever seeing a three-bunker par.

My baffler people aren't doing so hot, but my wife's picks are doing good except Mickelson. I still can't count Mickelson out though, he'll make some kind of come back. I just hope Hunter Mahan does something great tomorrow.

I haven't been able to keep up on what's going on for the most part today, but I just checked the leaderboard. It must be nice for Stricker, tied for the lead after one hole!! I knew this was going to be a tough Open, but I thought the scores would be at least a little lower!

These greens are rediculously fast from what I'm seeing now with Tiger's wedge shot. Well, running to the golf shop real quick to get some grips. :)

Well Tiger is off to a good start, Miller may be un-bareable to listen from here on out...

And just as I type this, Miller's talking about how hard it is tp play with Tiger, since Westwood left his approach alittle short...

Well Tiger is off to a good start, Miller may be un-bareable to listen from here on out...

Yeah Miller is in rare form today wth. I need some Miller LIGHT!!! Less Miller less filling!

Ishikawa doing his best Poulter impression today.

Yeah Miller is in rare form today wth. I need some Miller LIGHT!!! Less Miller less filling!

Thank god they are going off the air in 10 minutes, right? :laughing:

How about these two groups back to back though: Tiger, Els, Westwood, followed by Watson, McIroy, Ishikawa.

Wow at Tiger's bunker shot.

Wow Tigers putt never turned. That was a heck of a shot from Ernie.

yeah but now we have to listen to Berman.... :sick:

I feel your pain!

I figure -3 should be attainable for one of these afternoon guys. Scratch that if the wind picks up though.

But even if 1 player is at -3, that would hardly eliminate a guy at +4 like Phil. -3 is coming back to the pack this weekend.

I've got the feed going at www.usopen.com, they are following tiger's group. I mute it when ESPN is showing them as they are maybe 10 seconds behind live.

Anyways, Westwood bombed his drive in the left rough on #3, since ESPN doesn't seem to care.

I'm not saying it's Tiger but I think there will be a really good round this evening and we may see as much as -5. Somebody will get a hot putter out this evening group.

I would love to see the leader only at minus 3, 2, 1, as that keeps many players in and the cut still reachable for players that had a poor round today.

I'm not saying it's Tiger but I think there will be a really good round this evening and we may see as much as -5. Somebody will get a hot putter out this evening group.

I kind of get the opposite feeling. Plus I hope it stays close with lots, of guys in contention!

However, the way Tiger has hit his first few approaches, if he gets his putter going, look out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back