One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been wondering if we are going to see white irons any time soon. It seems that everything else has been whited out and I am interested to see if a company is going to offer up white irons. I dont know if I would like to see them or not, also how they would be made to keep from wearing. Just typing my random thoughts here. Opinions?

Irons would be hard to do in white I'd say, but I'm sure they are coming. Would have to see them, but the concept is an intriguing one.

The one thing I keep thinking about when I see white clubs is, keeping them clean. Is it like having a white pair of shoes compared to black ones? I would think the irons would be even harder to keep clean at all times. Just my random thought on white clubs.

I don't know about white irons to tell you the truth. I don't see them becoming a reality myself but who knows for sure.

I dont either, but white everthing else took over. I think a pearl iron would look intriuging..not to be confused with black pearl..cause that is just sessy

I could see the irons being chrome or satin finish but white in the cavity. Like for example, picture the R9 irons in white where the black is currently.

Not sure we'll really see any though.

The whole thing with white is the anti-glare that is provides. That seems to be the biggest thing TM is marketing abou the white. That doesn't really matter in an iron because the profile from the top is so narrow. Just having the cavity be white would go against (at least TM's) marketing. Interesting stuff that's for sure.

Boy I hope not. I think we have enough white clubs.

I can def see a white iron with a black face.

I do wonder if a company puts out a white iron of some sort and it gets some buzz if Cobra would then follow suit? Check that, I'm positive that they would :alien:

The whole thing with white is the anti-glare that is provides. That seems to be the biggest thing TM is marketing abou the white. That doesn't really matter in an iron because the profile from the top is so narrow. Just having the cavity be white would go against (at least TM's) marketing. Interesting stuff that's for sure.

I know what they are saying the white is for but come on has anyone really been blinded by the glare of their black driver, was it a problem the golfing public was clamoring for a fix to?

I know what they are saying the white is for but come on has anyone really been blinded by the glare of their black driver, was it a problem the golfing public was clamoring for a fix to?

While I dont use a white driver right now, I can tell you I have been absolutely blinded by quite a few of the glittery finished drivers that are on the market.

While I dont use a white driver right now, I can tell you I have been absolutely blinded by quite a few of the glittery finished drivers that are on the market.

Sure everybody has had some holes where the sun is just right and you get glare off your driver, but a search on this site for "Driver Glare" returned zero hits when I just tried it so like I said I don't think it was a problem the golfing public was clamoring for a fix to.

I think they decided to make it white to stand out from other manufactures and the anti-glare was a by product of that process (gloss white prolly looks real bad)... Their "which one of these doesn't belong commercials" certainly aren't touting the anti-glare characteristics of the club they are saying look at me I'm different.

I just don't think they sat down at the drawing board when they started the R11 process and said "guys we need to tackle this driver glare problem that is killing golfers out there..."

And that may be. But lets face it, things change faster on their end than it does for consumers. Look at the trend in club finishes over the last few years and see how many are being made to eliminate glare.

Some companies lead the innovation and take chances. Other companies follow trends and move at a different pace. Neither is right or wrong for the consumer.

White drivers reduce glare?
Say what?

Honest question, so please put me right:
White reflects light more than black, fact. If glare was a problem, why not just make a matte black driver?

White drivers reduce glare?
Say what?

Honest question, so please put me right:
White reflects light more than black, fact. If glare was a problem, why not just make a matte black driver?

Matte finish reduces glare. Matte black shows wear and skymarks more than matte white does. (my theory anyway)

And that may be. But lets face it, things change faster on their end than it does for consumers. Look at the trend in club finishes over the last few years and see how many are being made to eliminate glare.

Some companies lead the innovation and take chances. Other companies follow trends and move at a different pace. Neither is right or wrong for the consumer.
truthfully they are starting to grow on me a little bit...

I absolutely think this is possible. The white could have a clearcoat finish that wouldn't get the actual white paint dirty thereby always looking clean after cleaning

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Or even the reverse. Black irons with a white face? Same clear coat principle applies for the white finish....

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Matte finish reduces glare. Matte black shows wear and skymarks more than matte white does. (my theory anyway)

damn all these yellow and orange balls coming out might bring those skymarks back into play... unless they are really clear on the surface and the yellow is layer down

damn all these yellow and orange balls coming out might bring those skymarks back into play... unless they are really clear on the surface and the yellow is layer down

Purposely tried that with the yellow ball on the R11 3 days ago and not a single mark was left.

I would think that a white finish on the bottom of an iron would be tough to keep nice looking.

As a non-serious golfer I think they should make white iron's. I would have more of an argument for using my iron head covers.

As a non-serious golfer I think they should make white iron's. I would have more of an argument for using my iron head covers.

lmao duey.

Ironically, I almost bought some covers for my irons today. I stood there, staring at them, for what seemed like forever. I thought of how useful they would be, then I thought of the forum, the outing coming up, I thought of you ..... then I put them back and walked out empty handed.

I dare say I will have them one day. I just like them.

Sorry, white irons, I don't see it happening but I did think about the Burner 2.0's and TM could very easily take what has the PVD finish, make that white and it would look good. The sole would still be chrome as would the face and the groove area.

Back