Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
just snagged a like new 42 niblick from ebay for $38 plus $12 shipping im stoked

Considering either a CG 16 50/52 or a Niblick 49 to replace my new X24 AW. The X24 AW is great on full shots but it isn't ideal for many of the shot-making scenarios where you pull out your gap wedge.

I lust for one of those white S3 drivers right now. Might have to slap down a pre order for one

Hit 3 drivers today at Dick's, the Cleveland Launcher SL really high on my list right now.

I keep looking at that Never Compromise custom putter designer. I keep telling myself that demo day at the outing is so very close, but those flatsticks keep calling out to me.

Since I have an idiot dent mark on my 60* wedge and my 52 doesn't have MD grooves I have thought about replacing all of them with a new set of callaway jaws wedges. Anyone have some experience with those vs my current x forged wedges? They would be the same lofts at 52, 56, 60.

Since I have an idiot dent mark on my 60* wedge and my 52 doesn't have MD grooves I have thought about replacing all of them with a new set of callaway jaws wedges. Anyone have some experience with those vs my current x forged wedges? They would be the same lofts at 52, 56, 60.

Have you pondered getting stronger lofted wedges? You have a significant gap between you PW and your 52º gap wedge (Diablo Edge PW is 44º which means you have a gap of 8 degrees) IMO, you should really be looking at a 50 or 49º GW and a 54 or 55º SW and then still keep the 60º wedge.

Have you pondered getting stronger lofted wedges? You have a significant gap between you PW and your 52º gap wedge (Diablo Edge PW is 44º which means you have a gap of 8 degrees) IMO, you should really be looking at a 50 or 49º GW and a 54 or 55º SW and then still keep the 60º wedge.

I have noticed that problem. My 52* goes about 110 and the PW goes about 35. Never really thought about that, it would make that 120 club much simpler to choose.

I have noticed that problem. My 52* goes about 110 and the PW goes about 35. Never really thought about that, it would make that 120 club much simpler to choose.

I had the same problem. had my 52 bent to 50*
Problem solved.

I would highly suggest at least a 50º GW. My PW is 47º and I still had my 52º bent one degree stronger to even out the gap.

Before I got the Di11's I had my 52* bent to 50* too.

I wonder why they made a PW degree that low? Mine is 47* and still have a gap inbetween 52 and PW

My CG16 PW is 44 and the PW in the S3 set is 43

I wonder why they made a PW degree that low? Mine is 47* and still have a gap inbetween 52 and PW

the "Standard" PW USED to be 48*

But in the past 10 years, lofts have gotten stronger and stronger. Part of it is marketing, a company can say something like "Longest irons ever!!" And when you compare their 7 iron to your 7 iron and it's 10 yards longer you get excited. However their 7iron has the same loft as your 6 iron......

GW and SW lofts have pretty much stayed the same, but the iron lofts have been getting stronger and stronger. Heck 15 years ago, my father and I had never heard of a Gap wedge.

Edit: The TM Burner irons are notorious for this. Not saying they arn't good clubs. For Game Improvement Irons I think they're the cream of the crop. But their lofts are strong though, and their shaft lengths tend to be a little longer too.

the "Standard" PW USED to be 48*

But in the past 10 years, lofts have gotten stronger and stronger. Part of it is marketing, a company can say something like "Longest irons ever!!" And when you compare their 7 iron to your 7 iron and it's 10 yards longer you get excited. However their 7iron has the same loft as your 6 iron......

GW and SW lofts have pretty much stayed the same, but the iron lofts have been getting stronger and stronger. Heck 15 years ago, my father and I had never heard of a Gap wedge.

Edit: The TM Burner irons are notorious for this. Not saying they arn't good clubs. For Game Improvement Irons I think they're the cream of the crop. But their lofts are strong though, and their shaft lengths tend to be a little longer too.

That's what I figured. Seems a bit drastic to make a PW with a 4* difference than the rest.

Honestly in the future I believe they're going to bring back the Approach wedge, and then the GW is going to fill the gap inbetween the PW and the AW. Its gonna go: PW,GW,AW,SW,LW. And the longest iron anyone's going to carry is a 6 iron. (which has the same loft as an old 2 iron)

Theyre already back in all of Tmade and Nike and ping(U) and Titleist(W). The A wedge is between the Gap and sand, now that a Gap's standard is 52ish and sand 56. A-wedges standard these days is roughly 48-49-50, depending on the PW loft really.
Honestly in the future I believe they're going to bring back the Approach wedge, and then the GW is going to fill the gap inbetween the PW and the AW. Its gonna go: PW,GW,AW,SW,LW. And the longest iron anyone's going to carry is a 6 iron. (which has the same loft as an old 2 iron)

My ci9s PW is 44 and GW is 48, then I have a 52 and 58

after rolling it this morning at EW, i am pondering a wilson staff 8881 putter. really liked it.

after rolling it this morning at EW, i am pondering a wilson staff 8881 putter. really liked it.

One of my regular group got a bargain on one a few weeks back, and it certainly is nice.

I have one... LOVE IT. It was just too long for me and I couldn't bring myself to cut it up and add weight somewhere.. One of the best putters I've ever had the pleasure of rolling.

Pondering the thought of going with a combo iron set. I love my Mizuno MX-200 5, 6, and even 7 irons. But once I get down to the scoring clubs, they seem a bit too clunky to me. Fine on full shots but for chips and in-between shots, I'm not really bonding with them.

So, considering going with Mizuno MP-52 (or maybe MP-62) in 8-PW.

Rolled the Taylormade Ghost Daytona putter today, not only a sick looking club, but had great speed and feel with it.
just couldnt pull the trigger to fork over the cash, but I think thats just a matter of time

Cant believe it hasnt come down in price in the 6 months its been out

Didnt appear they had the tour model in stick, is the only difference in the 2 the weighting in the tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back