SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I recently had my wedges bent to fix some gap issues with the set of TM irons that I will be getting very soon. I found that the lofts on my wedges had changed quite a bit. I had noticed that the distances had changed, but I was not expecting my 54º to have a loft of 50º. Both my pro and I were very surprised. Have you guys ever seen this? I guess I need to start checking my lofts every so often.

I recently had my wedges bent to fix some gap issues with the set of TM irons that I will be getting very soon. I found that the lofts on my wedges had changed quite a bit. I had noticed that the distances had changed, but I was not expecting my 54º to have a loft of 50º. Both my pro and I were very surprised. Have you guys ever seen this? I guess I need to start checking my lofts every so often.

I have seen it with both lofts and lie angles. 4 degrees seems to be quite the change

Moved over to club fitting and building.

I have seen this quite a bit, especially with wedges from softer metals. Not normally 4 degrees though.

I have seen it with both lofts and lie angles. 4 degrees seems to be quite the change

It was crazy! I could not believe it. The change was very noticible when we finally got it bent to 55º. I was wondering why my GW and SW were flying the same distance.

It was crazy! I could not believe it. The change was very noticible when we finally got it bent to 55º. I was wondering why my GW and SW were flying the same distance.

that was the Cleveland Wedges?

On a side not I have heard that it happens more with forged clubs, though that could be one of those forged vs cast myths.

my 52* gap gets banged back to 53*-54* all the time. i've never heard of it going down in loft though. Must have got smashed in the trunk or something.

that was the Cleveland Wedges?

I have heard that it happens more with forged clubs, though that could be one of those forged vs cast myths.

It was the Cleveland wedge. I had him adjust my Mizuno wedge (forged) and it was much easier to bend. I guess the metal on the CG15 is a lot harder which is weird because they feel so good. I guess harder metal = grooves that last longer.

my 52* gap gets banged back to 53*-54* all the time. i've never heard of it going down in loft though. Must have got smashed in the trunk or something.

I am really rough on my wedges. I am very careful with my irons and woods, but my wedges get beat to hell because, to me, they are the work horses of the bag. I won't think twice about hitting a ball out of rocks with a wedge if I had to.

Back