Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
PGA PROFESSIONAL ARJUN ATWAL SIGNS
ENDORSEMENT DEAL WITH FOURTEEN GOLF​

1191268555_aN3tg-S.jpg

IRVINE, CA – February 18, 2011 – FOURTEEN GOLF, the worldwide leader in wedge design with over 20 professional tour victories in 2010, announced today that PGA Professional Arjun Atwal has joined the FOURTEEN GOLF professional golf staff.

Arjun Atwal has played FOURTEEN GOLF equipment for several golf seasons. Last year, he played the most exciting round of his life with a FOURTEEN GOLF MT-28 V5 60-degree wedge on the 72nd hole to get up and down for par and win the Wyndham Championship. This important shot marked him as the first native of India to win on the PGA Tour as well as to procure a PGA Tour card.

According to FOURTEEN GOLF COO Marcy Kamoda, “We are incredibly proud that Arjun agreed to endorse and represent FOURTEEN GOLF. His talent, determination, and short game skills will help grow the brand and increase consumer awareness.”

The FOURTEEN GOLF arrangement contracts Atwal to carry the FOURTEEN GOLF staff bag, wear their headwear and play the FOURTEEN GOLF MT-28 V5 wedges as part of the contractual agreement.

Atwal has enjoyed success on multiple worldwide tours including the Asian, European and Nationwide Tours. In 1995 he was the leading golfer on the Asian Tour and became the first player to earn upwards of a million dollars when he won the Hero Honda Masters. He also was the second Indian golfer EVER to earn a membership on the European Tour.

In 2004, Atwal finished seventh at the PGA Tour Q-School making him the first native East Indian to become a member of the PGA Tour. His following season proved he deserved to be on the PGA Tour. Many times he found himself in exciting play-offs but most notably is when he posted a 64 at the BellSouth Classic and ended up in a five man sudden death with Rich Beem, Jose Maria Olazabal, Brandt Jobe and Phil Mickelson. Unfortunately, he was eliminated but he finished 82nd on the money list to secure his Tour card for 2006. In 2008 he experienced worldwide success with victories on the Nationwide Tour at the Chattanooga Classic presented by Black Creek, and in Europe at the Maybank Malaysian Open.

“Arjun is an amazing golfer. His determination and will was exemplified at the Wyndham. On Monday, he is a qualifier and by Sunday he is the Wyndham Champion,” added Kamoda.

Two weeks after shooting a 20-under par 260 (61, 67, 65, 67) to take home the 2010 title of Wyndham Champion he finished at the inaugural McGladrey Classic two strokes behind another FOURTEEN GOLF supporter to tie for third place. He also enjoyed a tie for second place at the Tavistock Cup and tie for seventh at the HP Byron Nelson Championship.

“We know that Arjun is going to have a break-out year and we feel the timing of this arrangement is perfect. This season Atwal has already enjoyed a Top-25 finish (T-12) with a stellar performance at the Hyundai Tour of Championship and shot three days in the 60s at the Sony Open,” added Kamoda.

FOURTEEN GOLF is a burgeoning golf equipment company that takes great pride in their tour program. The agreement with PGA Professional Arjun Atwal proves the FOURTEEN GOLF tour program is succeeding and is critical to the company’s overall growth initiative. The feed back they receive from the touring professionals furnish key information for the research and development team as well as provides keen visibility

2011 FOURTEEN GOLF Professional Tour Wins:
NGA Hooters Tour at River Hills Golf Course
Philippine Open

2011 FOURTEEN GOLF Professional Tour Top-10 Count:
Hyundai Tour of Champions (T-6)
The Sony Open (T-5)

2010 FOURTEEN GOLF (20) Professional Tour Victories:
PGA Tour (4) Frys.com Open, Mc Gladrey Classic, Barclays Championship,
The Wyndam Championship LPGA Tour (4) Mizuno Classic Championship, Navistar LPGA Classic, Cyber Agent Cup, Evian Masters Nationwide Tour (3)
Miccosukee Championship, Mylan Classic, South Georgia Classic European Tour (1) Maybank Malaysian Duramed Futures Tour (2) Ladies Titan Tire Challenge, Teva Championship KLPGA Tour (2) Hi-Mart Championship, Met Life Championship Asian Tour (1) Yeangder Tournament Championship
Hooters Tour (3) Bentonville Open at Lost Springs Golf, Classic at Southern Hills, Carolina Series.

1191269001_tfSpg-L.jpg

What a good move for both parties. Fourteen makes very nice stuff and Id love to see it more readily available.

• Admin
There were several people who have asked about different contracts and here is an example where a player has a contract for just the bag, headwear and wedges. These deals can be made up a ton of different ways.

I have never seen their clubs for sale anywhere. I will have to take a look at those wedges. I love wedges...

Interesting deal...I like the bag though.

Great pick up by Fourteen and smart move by Arjun. I'd be ok with a bag, headwear, and wedge contract......

Seems like a good move for both.

There were several people who have asked about different contracts and here is an example where a player has a contract for just the bag, headwear and wedges. These deals can be made up a ton of different ways.

Is it a 14 club deal?

SKIMMER! Read above and I took that from the article itself...double skim!

Haha Im glad. I know One-T sets the bar low, but do I really want to take it one step further?
When it comes to skimming I can never be surprised. haha

Im not really a fan of Arjun Atwal due to his logic when he was playing during his win. He was in between clubs where he could step on a 7i or butter a 6. He chose a 6 because if he hit it too hard

"it would just go into the grandstands and id get a free drop anyway".

Plus these bag-hat-2 or 3 club deals are weak IMO.

Boom!!! GG with the double skim haymaker! even under the effect of drugs she still brings it!

Good for Atwul getting some Fourteen love!

SKIMMER! Read above and I took that from the article itself...double skim!

Back