Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I don't know what they're called, but I'm referring to belts that don't have the buckle but rather a nubbin type thing that pops into the holes of the belt. Will the belt eventually not stay put because of constant wear of that nubbin into the hole that it'll start to come loose? I don't know quite how to say it, but you get the idea of my question?

I know as young guy I often wore a western style belt and buckle where the buckle just had a raised nub on the back that fit into the hole on the belt and I remember it coming on done easily if you sucked in your gut or something. The holes would wear out because you were using the same one all the time. I haven't wore that type of buckle though in 30 years I'm guessing.
Not sure if that is the type your talking about?

I know as young guy I often wore a western style belt and buckle where the buckle just had a raised nub on the back that fit into the hole on the belt and I remember it coming on done easily if you sucked in your gut or something. The holes would wear out because you were using the same one all the time. I haven't wore that type of buckle though in 30 years I'm guessing.
Not sure if that is the type your talking about?

Yup, that's the kind. I'm just wondering because I just purchased a Druh belt, they're PRICEY...and its that kind of belt style. For an expensive belt, it should last forever...

Yup, that's the kind. I'm just wondering because I just purchased a Druh belt, they're PRICEY...and its that kind of belt style. For an expensive belt, it should last forever...

Yes, you would hope for the price of a Druh belt that they would last a long time. Never owned one myself although I have been checking them out lately. Good luck with your's!

I've had Bettinardi, Travis Mathew, and Sligo buckles that have raised nub. Some are just a nub and other actually go out and turn to hold better. I've never had any problems other than cheap snap belts that stretch over time. They still seem to hold but don't look very nice. I switch straps and buckles around pretty often so I usually don't have problems. If you go with high end straps like House of Fleming or Piedmont that use real leather/exotic skins the holes don't seem to stretch like the "leather" some companies use. Also you might want to look into companies that belts that have a small slit where the nub goes into. This helps the nub go in and out easier instead of stretching like standard hole does over time.

if there is a slit next to the hole you can slide the nub into it to hold better than the larger hole

if there is a slit next to the hole you can slide the nub into it to hold better than the larger hole

Very true :good: I'll have to take a look, I didn't really notice if it had slits next to the holes.

Because I'm thin, the Small belts don't have enough holes, is it ok to just add additional holes myself to my belts?

GC, Avoid the ones with the NUB. Honestly if you wear them too much it will wear out. I had two subseventy belts that the hole got so bad the buckle would dangle around while I wore it without me even noticing. I would snap it back in and make one suttle step and it would pop out again. Punching in new holes doesn't really work very well either.

Very true :good: I'll have to take a look, I didn't really notice if it had slits next to the holes.

Because I'm thin, the Small belts don't have enough holes, is it ok to just add additional holes myself to my belts?

im sure you could - i used to add holes to belts when i was younger and thinner!

I wish I could wear belts like this... I'm allergic to anything other than Stainless Steel, Titanium, and 24k gold.

If your belt has a nub, does that mean the buckles are interchangeable? Most of them anyway?

If your belt has a nub, does that mean the buckles are interchangeable? Most of them anyway?

Not really. My two were not interchangeable. Some are I am pretty sure Sligos are because they do sell buckles individually. I want to give those ones a try with the nub, because I do prefer the nub over the actual buckle.

I have a white Abacus web belt with the metal thing that you open and close to tighten and loosen the belt, it was way too big, so I ended up cutting it shorter, and it works. But I like web belts, is that what they're called?, as they are easily adjustable to fit.

Not really. I know Beyond the Links (Fowler's caddy clothing line) looks to be but they are not interchangeable. Buckles like that are usually made to use with snap belts so you can switch them around. With them stretching out the holes it also depends on material of belt and thickness.

The BF and I were looking at Travis Matthew belts...I LOVE them!!! However, of course they're only for guys. Could gals wear men's belts and what's the smallest size they come in without me having to add additional holes? Are Travis Matthew belts interchangeable? If I get one, the BF will get one and we could just interchange the buckles :good:

Assuming Travis Matthew belts have the nub...?

GC the TM buckles are interchangeable and they have nub. I believe their sizing is S/M then L/XL. I'm not exactly sure what sizes they consider those to be though.

Are they interchangeable in that a Travis Matthew buckle can go with an Adidas belt strap for the trophy belt? I have a Druh belt with buckle and strap and wondering if it'll fit on the strap.

The belts with the nubbins on them that are interchangeable, can they be used with any leather strap that is suitable for interchangeable buckles?

GC the TM buckles are interchangeable and they have nub. I believe their sizing is S/M then L/XL. I'm not exactly sure what sizes they consider those to be though.

I did check the S/M Travis Matthew belts. They're only offered in a SM or ML, but the S/M says that its a 28-36". That just seems like a HUGE difference. I'd just need a 30" so what would I do with the other 6"? :confused2:

Are they interchangeable in that a Travis Matthew buckle can go with an Adidas belt strap for the trophy belt? I have a Druh belt with buckle and strap and wondering if it'll fit on the strap.

The belts with the nubbins on them that are interchangeable, can they be used with any leather strap that is suitable for interchangeable buckles?

Do you know if Druh Belts have 1 or 2 nubs? I'm not very familar with those. I know 59 Belts have 2 nubs so those you can't use most belts. Just aslong as the buckle has one nub and hole is in the middle they should work fine.

I did check the S/M Travis Matthew belts. They're only offered in a SM or ML, but the S/M says that its a 28-36". That just seems like a HUGE difference. I'd just need a 30" so what would I do with the other 6"? :confused2:

You maybe could take it to someone that could cut the belt for you but then the edges wouldn't be the same color is the only problem. TM belts only come in white, black, grey, and few reversible ones. I don't use my TM belts since I already have those colors.

I wish I could wear belts like this... I'm allergic to anything other than Stainless Steel, Titanium, and 24k gold.

RF is bringing it, sporting the 24K gold belt! A belt like that would make my pants sag :D

Do you know if Druh Belts have 1 or 2 nubs? I'm not very familar with those. I know 59 Belts have 2 nubs so those you can't use most belts. Just aslong as the buckle has one nub and hole is in the middle they should work fine.

The Druh belt just has one nub. So that's super cool...I was thinking of buying another Druh belt strap so I could interchange the buckle with a different colored strap but they want $100 JUST FOR THE STRAP!!! Might as well just buy the entire belt/buckle combo at that point since the buckles are just $30-$40. That's why I'm asking if I could use buckles with any other interchageable belt strap.

Thanks JD10, you've been MOST helpful in this topic :)

Guys......What's your favorite belt for say under $50. I'm such a tight wad!

Guys......What's your favorite belt for say under $50. I'm such a tight wad!

HG,
Go over to fairwaystyles.com right now (click the link above) and click on Sligo. Then click on belts and you will see that he has a few on sale for $25. More traditional than the bolder styles they have and the leather and clasp system is still absolutely top notch.

Back