Have You Played with "This" Guy?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE this commercial. Have you ever played with "this guy". Or maybe are you "this guy"? The whole commercial is such a great take on the social credit aspect of golf.

I really like the Wilson Staff commercials that are out there right now. I have definitely played with that guy...who knows with my TM Forged irons I may be that guy haha

Look at the success so far in the Di11 test thread, sounds like they are a winner

Great commercial. And I admit to having the same attitude about W/S before getting to hit the Ci9's and Di11's at the last outing. When the Di11's go in the bag for testing I expect this same attitude from playing partners. I hope to change some opinions too.

I'm very happy to report that I'm not that guy but I've played with him before. I hope I'm more like Ricky. I have to agree. That is a great commercial!

Haha. That is a good commercial!

One of my favorite commercials. I'm not that guy, and don't play with anyone like him.

I love the white belt and the shooting glasses. Stay classy!

I was that guy for about a week when I though I could game Mizzy MP57's a couple years back. Actually i feel in love with the look of the club more so than who was using it on tour. But if I wasn't totally on my game those clubs killed me.

But they were buttery soft since they were forged :alien2:

Humm,The iron that dude is using looks like a blank to an older Wilson model,FG-17?I couldn't see any markings,but that's what it looked like

Wilson-Staff-FG-17.jpg

usually when I see "that guy" for some reason he is always head to toe in Nike for some reason and has his name on his bag...

Oh yes, did I ever.
Older gentleman, probably in his 60s, of a larger girth. Talked himself up real good - Could play a round of 18 in 2hrs when he was in his 20s, had a swing speed 3mph off of Tiger Woods [hence his metal shafted woods, and wilson fat shafts], could drive 350+ yards going into the wind yadda yadda.
Anyways, Mr I'm Awesome only had one good drive the entire day [only played 9 holes], couldn't hit anything straight to save his life. His gimmes were when he reached <10ft of the hole, and he mulligan'd every 3rd shot. HOWEVER, he could read the greens like nobody's business. He couldn't necessarily putt, but the couple times he told me I was way off in my read, and told me how to adjust, I'd hole out from 15-20ft without even trying.

The guy they paired me with yesterday was that guy till about half way through the round. He couldn't believe I was flying the ball the way I was with "Wal-Mart" clubs. Had to straighten him out and tell him those days were over for Wilson Staff.

So funny and so true!

that's a great commercial, i've never played with "that guy" but i've watched them/him from time to time play through or even just out on the course

and thankfully i'm not that guy

That is awesome! I have yet to encounter on of "those guys"

that commercial had me laughing from the second the guy walked up. I think its funny that even Wilson makes fun of the bladers that shouldnt be gaming blades

I luv that commercial and, i've played with and sen that guy many times. They see my bag for the 1st time and, i hear Wal-mart this and, K-mart that and, then i say do you wanna hit em'. Then their tune changes into wow i really like these, do you know where can i demo w/s? Why yes, yes i do, LOL.

that's a great commercial, i've never played with "that guy" but i've watched them/him from time to time play through or even just out on the course

and thankfully i'm not that guy

That's for sure, I have see "that guy" several times over the years.

Love this commercial! I have definitely played with this guy, it is the most fun you will ever have at a golf course :D

Great commercial....I haven't played with a guy like that yet but I'm sure they are out there more than I think

*OEM hands Hanks a Di11 iron after Hanks fats an approach shot with his Tour Preferred CB iron*
Great commercial. And I admit to having the same attitude about W/S before getting to hit the Ci9's and Di11's at the last outing. When the Di11's go in the bag for testing I expect this same attitude from playing partners. I hope to change some opinions too.

Actually, I proudly am that guy! I play only the best and newest irons on tour which means that I have to change my set pretty much every week, sometimes twice a week as the best may be different before/after the week end and I'm killing it over and over again.

Oh yes, did I ever.
Older gentleman, probably in his 60s, of a larger girth. Talked himself up real good - Could play a round of 18 in 2hrs when he was in his 20s, had a swing speed 3mph off of Tiger Woods [hence his metal shafted woods, and wilson fat shafts], could drive 350+ yards going into the wind yadda yadda.
Anyways, Mr I'm Awesome only had one good drive the entire day [only played 9 holes], couldn't hit anything straight to save his life. His gimmes were when he reached <10ft of the hole, and he mulligan'd every 3rd shot. HOWEVER, he could read the greens like nobody's business. He couldn't necessarily putt, but the couple times he told me I was way off in my read, and told me how to adjust, I'd hole out from 15-20ft without even trying.

Hey RF, I thought we were bros and now you go talking bout me :D....

I have never played with "that guy", but I have seem them on the course. I throughly enjoy that commercial, and the Slazenger commercials.

Back