Adams Golf Introduces Speedline 9064LS & 4G Drivers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Going farther than ever before, Adams Golf (NasdaqCM:ADGF) announces their newest groundbreaking lineup of products: Speedline 9064LS and 4G Ultra-Lite drivers. As the fourth generation of aerodynamic technology, both drivers are the longest yet--designed to create less drag and airflow turbulence, thereby increasing club head speed and distance for golfers of all types.

The patent-pending aerodynamic shaping of the next-generation Speedline 9064LS driver creates less drag and airflow turbulence during the swing, resulting in faster club head speed and up to 15 yards more distance. Design improvements to the 9064LS include improved aerodynamics, a deeper face and increased MOI for more forgiveness. The new features optimize launch conditions with 15 percent lower spin off the club face, thereby generating even more distance. Coinciding with the launch of the 9064LS driver, the new Aldila RIP graphite shafts--Alpha for lower ball flight and Gamma for higher ball flight--will make their first appearance in the retail market with the Adams Golf Speedline 9064 series.

"As the first company to bring aerodynamic technology to market, we constantly challenge our engineers to refine their groundbreaking designs to give consumers more and more distance," said Chip Brewer, President and CEO of Adams Golf. "I am proud to say that they have definitely delivered with the 9064LS driver. The distances gained with the reduced drag on the Speedline club head will allow golfers of all levels to take their games to the next level."

Speedline drivers have collected 14 professional wins since their introduction and the 9064LS model is already in the bags of several tour players, including Adams Golf staff members Tom Watson, Paul Azinger and Tommy Armour III.

The Speedline 9064LS driver will ship to golf shops beginning August 10 and will offer either the Aldila RIP Alpha or the Aldila RIP Gamma graphite shafts. The suggested retail price (SRP) for the Speedline 9064LS drivers is $479.99.

Available lofts and flexes are as follows:
Right-Hand ~ Gamma shaft ~ 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 (regular and stiff flexes)
Right-Hand ~ Alpha shaft ~ 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 (stiff and x-stiff flexes)
Left-Hand ~ Alpha and Gamma shafts ~ 9.5 (regular, stiff and x-stiff flexes)

Speedline 4G Ultra-Lite Drivers
Providing maximum distance for players who benefit from lightweight materials in their clubs, the industry-leading Speedline 4G Ultra-Lite drivers are the first to combine refined weighting in their construction with true aerodynamic technology to deliver increased yardages off the tee.

Weighing in at only 282 total grams, the exceptional design features of the Speedline 4G Ultra-Lite drivers have resulted in the lightest but longest-hitting driver available to those whose swing speeds gain more distance with a lighter overall club weight. Maximum forgiveness on off-center hits come from a mid-spin and mid-launch off the face. Just as in the entire Speedline series of drivers, an aero-shaped crown creates less drag and less airflow turbulence for increased club head speed. Thus, the 4G Ultra-Lite driver is the first in the industry to combine the proven benefits of aerodynamic shaping with lightweight club construction.

Also critical to the Speedline 4G Ultra-Lite's performance is its 44-gram super premium Mitsubishi Bassara shaft which also helps generate more ball speed to promote more distance.

The Speedline 4G Ultra-Lite is available in two lofts (10 degree and 12 degree) in regular flex. It will begin shipping to golf shops nationwide on August 15 with a SRP of $479.99.

Speedline 9064LS Distance Fitting System
For the first time in the industry, a distance fitting system (DFS) version of the Speedline 9064LS is also available that allows the consumer to adjust for not only face angle and loft but also for club length. With the DFS, the head and shaft length on this special version of the 9064LS is adjustable and the consumer receives a kit with all the tools they need to optimize their driver to meet the demands of different conditions and specific swings.

All DFS versions of the Speedline 9064LS come at a standard length of 45.5 inches and D3 swing weight. However, with the DFS kit, the length, loft and face angle can be adjusted using the specially designed removable spacers and weight inserts. Each DFS kit includes a torque wrench, additional spacers and additional weights-all of which fit into a conveniently designed zippered case. Ultimately the consumer has shaft length options between 45 and 46 inches and loft/face angle options of one degree either way.

"Shaft length may be the most dramatic factor in determining distance," said Tim Reed, Vice President of Research and Development for Adams Golf. "As the first company in the industry to engineer a changeable system not only for loft and lie but also shaft length, we feel we are finally giving consumers the option to truly optimize their drivers for increased distance off the tee. With the advent of this technology, if you are not fitting your driver for shaft length, you're not fitting properly."

The DFS version of the Speedline 9064LS driver will ship to golf shops beginning August 10 and will offer either the Aldila RIP Alpha or the Aldila RIP Gamma graphite shafts. The suggested retail price (SRP) for the DFS version of the Speedline 9032LS driver is $479.99.

Available lofts and flexes are as follows:
Right-Hand ~ Gamma shaft ~ 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 (regular and stiff flexes)
Right-Hand ~ Alpha shaft ~ 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 (stiff and x-stiff flexes)
Left-Hand ~ Alpha and Gamma shafts ~ 9.5 (regular, stiff and x-stiff flexes)

2023374.jpg

2023376.jpg

They definitely improved the looks

I'm not too keen on the first look. Looks a bit like an upturned dinner plate to me.

cool I have been looking at their 3 woods, hope their next

I'm not too keen on the first look. Looks a bit like an upturned dinner plate to me.

Pretty sure they are identical photo shopped pics.

I like the overall shape, kinda classic looking. It's the graphics that are horrible imo.

• Admin
Also, I meant my first look at the clubs.

wow! did anyone not read the part about being able to not only alter the face angle(s) but being able to alter the shaft length? that's incredible and i wonder how it works without messing with the integrity of the shaft?

wow! did anyone not read the part about being able to not only alter the face angle(s) but being able to alter the shaft length? that's incredible and i wonder how it works without messing with the integrity of the shaft?

I have been waiting for someone to point that out. It seems most just glanced at the pictures....HAHA. Good call TC.

I have been waiting for someone to point that out. It seems most just glanced at the pictures....HAHA. Good call TC.

i'm a dork, i like to read the articles, i'm not a picture guy.....hehe

+1 on the question...I'm assuming that the shaft when shortened or lengthend will probably stiffen and loosen up, respective to what you're doing to the shaft. The concept is really interesting tho...AND they come with a carrying case.

I saw that part too. Wonder how that works? Super intrigued by this

you need to cancel your men's magazine subscription then....

first the black irons, then the black hybrid, now black drivers....Adams is definitely on the dark side now
i'm a dork, i like to read the articles, i'm not a picture guy.....hehe

Hmm. Maybe this will step up Adams into being a top dog with taylormade and Nike etc. for drivers now... Because IMO, I still don't have them up there

Im curious if the top side has anything goofy on it or is it clean? I like the look of them so far.

I like that Adams is trying to change their image a bit. You know, it's not your grandfathers driver? I'm a bit skeptical about one inch spacers though to adjust length. I'm just not sure how all of these removable parts will hold up over time.

I have always liked their hybrids, no I need to check out that driver. I didn't care for the color and graphics on the last version. All black stealth driver looks cool.

It says they're going to use spacers. My guess is it will attach somewhere in the hosel so the shaft doesn't get altered. I think it also says that they can only go +1 on it. That hosel does look a little long.

So is everyone going matte black now? :D

no, TM is going matte white lol
It says they're going to use spacers. My guess is it will attach somewhere in the hosel so the shaft doesn't get altered. I think it also says that they can only go +1 on it. That hosel does look a little long.

So is everyone going matte black now? :D

Not sure I like the looks of the head. But my Dymo2 is no pageant winner. I'm curious to see how all the adjustment options work and how stable the club is. I don't think it will be an issue at all. I just had the same thoughts with my Str8-fit. I found my Str8 to be more sturdy than non adjustable clubs haha.

Kudos to Adams' innovation. I hope they also offer replacement shafts at reasonable prices, something that no mfr has yet brought to market.

Hopefully this can get them to the next level. My next driver will be an Adams I think. I just hope they have a nicer headcover than the Fast 10's. Got to be one of the worst on the market.

Nope. Both different drivers with the same look.

I realize they will be two different drivers but those photos are of an identical driver with the name of the club, the loft, a couple blue lines on one, and the hole on the left photoshopped on. I'm also willing to bet that those are just black and white pics of the current speedline and not of the new drivers. Artists renditions they call them.

I realize they will be two different drivers but those photos are of an identical driver with the name of the club, the loft, a couple blue lines on one, and the hole on the left photoshopped on. I'm also willing to bet that those are just black and white pics of the current speedline and not of the new drivers. Artists renditions they call them.

Ummm. All I can say is not according to Adams.

Back