Winn Lite V17-Soft Grip Review

Bomb_n_Gouge

Reaction score
Hey all thought I would give you my take on the Winn Lite Grips.

I had all my clubs re-gripped about 2 weeks ago and wow am I glad I did. I have the R9 irons which have been widely criticized for the stock grip. I had though for a while about getting the clubs re-gripped but couldn't decide on a grip that would be better and didn't want to get stuck with something I wouldn't end up liking.

I bought a TM superfast 3-wood this year and from the first time I swung it I feel in love with the grip on it. It was soft and tacky just what I was looking for! I went to Golfsmith to find the grip and found out that it is basically the Winn Lite soft grip with some graphics on it for TM. I bought grips for everyone of my clubs besides my new hybrid and a wedge I barely use.

My first time out with the new grips I felt like a new man! The clubs didn't move in my hand at impact at all, I felt like I could swing harder and more confident with my irons and I have seen a sizeable distant increase with them. It is slightly softer than a normal grip, but the real key to them is the not overly tacky material. If you play in hot/humid weather or sweat a lot when playing I recommend these grips to you. The grip is amazing and has improved my R9's 100% I even went back and had them do my hybrid and wedge a week later.

Will update in a few months on wear and tear, hope this helps for anyone looking into grips!

thanks for the input. my only concern with these, and most winn grips quite frankly, is durability. i use to use winn's all the time until this year, b/c i got tired of having to replace them season after season. i do like the grip on the superfast but i'll be curious to see how mine wears.

Excellent review Bomb, I've been trying to find my next grip, and I will be sure to try this one. Any insight into why you went soft, instead of medium or firm?

thanks for the input. my only concern with these, and most winn grips quite frankly, is durability. i use to use winn's all the time until this year, b/c i got tired of having to replace them season after season. i do like the grip on the superfast but i'll be curious to see how mine wears.

I have heard about the durability issues from a couple of friends that had been playing the Winn grips so it was a concern of mine as well. I'm going to keep and eye on them and report back with any findings, hopefully they last a long time because I really like them!

I have heard about the durability issues from a couple of friends that had been playing the Winn grips so it was a concern of mine as well. I'm going to keep and eye on them and report back with any findings, hopefully they last a long time because I really like them!

looking forward to it!

Mine is already cracking, and extremely worn down. This was my favorite grip I had used, but the durability on this bad boy is less than stellar (and that's an understatement).

Although the durability is an issue, I think next season my driver and f/w wood will have these grips because of how tacky they are, but my irons and wedges will not.

I just bought the Superfast driver myself was looking closely at the grip and noticed the small space where the grip meets the shaft its more of a foam material instead of a normal rubber soooo I guess I never thought about how they reduced so much weight in the grips. Basing them out of foam with a tacky rubbery almost latex feeling outer coating. I personally Love the grips performance but considering their price and probable limited durability of them I am a bit hesitant to regrip the rest of my clubs with them.

Also in my driver I did notice after 2 rounds of play and many days the the range that the grip looks like it might be slipping or streching in one area and bunching in the underside seam. Gonna play with it a bit more and see what happens.

I love winn grips! They are so easy on my hands, and I have been dealing with some major pain in my left hand.

The limited life is well worth my comfort.

I love winn grips! They are so easy on my hands, and I have been dealing with some major pain in my left hand.

The limited life is well worth my comfort.

They feel great but I can't justify regripping my 8,pw,driver, and all 3 wedges 3 times a season plus the rest every season. Especially for the price.

Your supposed to change them every year. Especially with as much as we play and in the hot conditions.

I don't know which winn grips my dad has, but he has on on his nickent 3dx hybrid, which is one of his most used clubs, and it's lasted 2 seasons and still feels amazing enough for me to want it on my clubs. I don't know if it's just him, but yeah.

Update:

I love these grips, they are still everything that I want in a grip and I love how they are a bit "sticky"

BUT... They do wear easily, I am replacing four this year, and I am fine with hit, would still reccomend them to anyone!

Update:

I love these grips, they are still everything that I want in a grip and I love how they are a bit "sticky"

BUT... They do wear easily, I am replacing four this year, and I am fine with hit, would still reccomend them to anyone!

Thanks for the update! One question though: with the reduced grip weight, so increased swing weight, do you notice a difference when swinging the irons?

Thanks!

Thanks for the update! One question though: with the reduced grip weight, so increased swing weight, do you notice a difference when swinging the irons?

Thanks!

I really don't notice the difference in the irons as far as swing weight. My primary concern was on the hot and humid days here the clubs were easily slipping in my hands with the TM grips, now they don't at all. I can however tell the difference in weight on my driver and hybrid since I switched those to the new grip as well.

Awesome, thanks for the speedy reply!!

These grips are fantastic. The soft/tacky combo is just about perfect. I'm a New Decade guy, but I would use these if I wasn't

I loved mine but they do wear fast. I play about 4 rounds per week and they were gone in about two months.

I was told by someone that if durability is an issue, go with the Winn Lite in Firm. I have been happy with these, and use them in my driver and 3 wood with my Miyazaki shafts.

I was told by someone that if durability is an issue, go with the Winn Lite in Firm. I have been happy with these, and use them in my driver and 3 wood with my Miyazaki shafts.

I just put the medium on my Driver lets see how long it last.

I am going to try these on a couple of clubs that I use more often, new driver when I buy it next week and probably my hybrid to see how they work, I'll give and update after my Cali trip and then again after the season starts. I usually am a 2-3 round a week guy.

Back