What Tournaments are THPer's going to see?

RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
What PGA stops are THPers planning on attending this year? Any big events in your area that you always go to?

I am looking at going to WGC- Bridgestone invitational at Firestone CC. I went a lot when I was a kid with my Dad but I haven't been back since I really became serious about golf. The course is gorgeous and has some pretty tough holes on it. Back in the day it was almost a guaranteed victory for El Tigger, though this year I would go hoping to see the same explosion from Tiger as last year!

I am seriously jealous though of JB/GG/Hanks/et al who have gotten to walk around with cameras and spend time behind the scenes. Stuff like that must really change the viewing experience for a fan. (Not that it wouldn't also be a ton of work, but that it is a unique experience very few fans will ever get to have).

We get a corporate pass to the Cox Classic here in Omaha every year (Nationwide). It's really fun to watch some up and coming stars. For example, last year I got to follow Jhonattan Vegas for a couple holes and look where he is now! very cool and good thread

I go to muirfield every year - i never thought of going to firestone - could def make the drive.

The Masters, The Heritage, and PGA Championship

Not PGA, but will be attending the LPGA US Open In Colorado Springs this July

I have 7 maybe 8 PGA tournaments on my schedule this year, along with 1 LPGA, 1 Durmeds Futures, & maybe 1 Champions event on my schedule

PGA: Honda Classic (was there on Friday), Travelers ( working as volunteer), CVS Caremark Classic, John Deere, McGladery Classic, The Barclays, The Deuschte Bank are already set. The Transitions is a maybe depending on a project trip to FL scheduled around same time.

LPGA: The Wegmans

Durmeds: CT stop (new sponsor this year)

Champions: Trying to get to PA stop but that is most up in the air.

I go to muirfield every year - i never thought of going to firestone - could def make the drive.

Thats a wonderful course. I caddied on it once a couple years ago, but have never played it. A buddy of mines father is a member and every year he says we are going to play it, but always backs out on me. C*** tease.

Thats a wonderful course. I caddied on it once a couple years ago, but have never played it. A buddy of mines father is a member and every year he says we are going to play it, but always backs out on me. C*** tease.

Haha I've heard that too- I'll believe when I hit my first drive!

Well here goes one wet round of golf

Tapping and talking since 2010.

I'm going to see/volunteer at the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands again this year. Last year was the first year I volunteered and I loved it. I was at the par 3 16th teebox and got to see players try and drive the 300 yard 15th and then hit their tee shots into 16. I was standing right behind Bubba Watson when he was in the playoff last year and got his first win.

We usually get vendor skybox seats on the 17th green and its always a blast to hang out with the family for a day out on the course.

This year I'm going to be able to play the course twice (hopefully once before and once after) and cant wait to see how the pro's handle it again this year!

I'm going to see/volunteer at the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands again this year. Last year was the first year I volunteered and I loved it. I was at the par 3 16th teebox and got to see players try and drive the 300 yard 15th and then hit their tee shots into 16. I was standing right behind Bubba Watson when he was in the playoff last year and got his first win.

We usually get vendor skybox seats on the 17th green and its always a blast to hang out with the family for a day out on the course.

This year I'm going to be able to play the course twice (hopefully once before and once after) and cant wait to see how the pro's handle it again this year!

Cool! I went last year all four days as a spectator and sat up on the hill along the left side of 17 where you see the green of the drivable par 4 15, all of 16/17 and the teebox of 18. Best "free" seats in golf. This will be my 1st year as a volunteer. I'm excited.

The Barclays, go every year.

I still slap myself everyday for not attending the LPGA CN Canadian Womens open in Winnipeg here. That is the only pro tournament we are going to get for a hell of a long time.

John Deere Classic at TPC Deere Run.

I'm going to the BMW again and would love to make it to the John Deere.

We're annual attenders at the Chevron World Challenge. We went to The Riviera for the Northern Trust open and will be attending Pro-Am day at the Kia Classic in a few weeks :clapp:

The Memorial, been going for 15+ years now.

Great thread!

I'm with RonInThornton almost literally. We don't have a PGA tourney here in Denver/Colorado anymore since "The International" has left. However we're fortunate this year with the Womens US Open being down in the Springs. I was originally hoping to volunteer for the event but coulnd't work it out with the Family. Hopefully I'll still be able to attend at least one day. The last tourney I attended was the Womens US Open in Denver 2005 Cherry Hills! So much history there its a great course to be on. I walked the practice rounds all day following Michelle Wie mostly and ending up getting her autograph and in 2005 she was only 16 and every bit of 6'3" tall.

I definitely miss not having the option of attending "The International" it was always fun to answer questions about scoring since they used the modified stableford.

Transitions because it's so close. Went to the Players every year when I was in college, also because my place was only a 20 minute drive at the most.

The Barclays it is in my old neighborhood, and i have friend who lives within walking distance

Well I will be attending the 2011 Canadian Open here in Vancouver this year. Last PGA event I was at was the Air Canada open many years ago!!

None, but hope to attend the Morgan Cup.

Living in Lexington, KY there are no PGA tournaments that are close besides the Memorial and after going 3 times I've decided it wasn't for me, at all. Too hilly, too hot, too Buckeye. So unfortunately I have to wait for events to come to Valhalla in Louisville or for a tournament to get scheduled there.

The LPGA used to have events that were not too far but their schedule is mostly outside the US these days.

I don't watch the Champions tour.

Going to be sitting at the Doral in a couple of days

Back