New Clubs In Da House-off to the course I go

autobot

Reaction score
Well I got my new clubs:alien2:

The Machspeeds were at the top of my list (I still like them, pretty funky looking) but then I read how much JB liked the R9s, checked these out myself and before I knew it, these were the ones.

I had told myself I would take a few pics before I pulled my clubs out of the box but I just couldnt do it. Two blinks, one teeny cardboard cut on my pinkie (gf sorted that out:D)and wham, the clubs were out. First thoughts? The irons are purdy and exceedingly classy looking. Funny how you can see something lotsa times in the store, but then seeing it at home makes it seem like you're seeing it for the first time?

P8030001.jpg

P8030009.jpg

As for the SuperTri, it looks even angrier at home than it does in the shop. I know some ppl say that playing with the settings gets old pretty quick but I'm looking forward to getting it dialed in. I've been away from the game for a bit, so fresh is best I say:act-up:

I do hope that I dont have badge issues like many others have had, and I really hope that the black on the SuperTri stays alive for a while!

Now I wonder if I should do a write up on the clubs after my round....which should be a hilarious experience I think.....:D

Grats man, getting new clubs is fun!

very nice clubs, thanks for sharing....i also like the shoes!!

Nice clubs. I've been eying them for a while myself. I look forward to your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woah, nice haul! You'll have some fun with those babies, for sure!

Very nice haul. I for one want to hear all about their first day out. If it were me I'd be taking pictures like it was my kids first day at school, lol. Have fun out there.

sweeeeeeeeet clubs! They are beautiful! Hope that cut healed lol

can't wait to hear your thoughts once you get them on the course. The pictures look great, congrats on the purchases

Thanks guys:tongue:

And yep, I also got some Cell Fusions, forgot to add the pic!

P8030005.jpg

I really like the look of these shoes, very cool I think. And also very comfy. Like the possible R9 iron badge issue, I hope I dont have any quality issues with these puppies(only just read abt potential issues yday)

Will see if I can do a bit of a write up on the new sticks/shoes later

Really nice setup there Auto....
Keep us posted on the R9's!!

awesome new gear auotbot!

get some headcovers for those irons! dont need em looking beat up after a few rounds haha. I hate the sound of them smashing together if i hit a bump in the cart so i always keep headcovers on mine now.

Did you go with the kbs 90 shafts? what flex did you go with?

I was so close to getting head covers for the irons, unlike my previous callaways(matt finish), the R9s are so shiny and sparkly! I just wasnt looking forward to pulling the things on and off a million times during the round.

I do agree with you though Bridges, the poor irons get smashed around when on the cart. Especially when going flat out and downhill hehe. Actually ok, I might bite the bullet and have a look around for a nice set of covers tehehe.

Speaking of which, is it me or is it a right royal pain in the butt with the dang SuperTri headcover? Geez, getting the cover back on is unnecessarily difficult! I feel like I'm gonna snap the shaft when trying to pull it back on.

And yep, I have the KBS shafts, regular flex.

Taylormade headcovers just suck, its that way with all of them lol

I have some taylormade iron headcovers that are just real simple and do there job just find. I picked them up for 15 bucks. Its not really bad because if you think about it, during a round of golf you dont hit your irons but one time each hole. Drive, iron, putt putt or Drive, iron, chip, putt. So not a whole lot of pain in taking them off and putting them back on.

Taylormade headcovers just suck, its that way with all of them lol

I have some taylormade iron headcovers that are just real simple and do there job just find. I picked them up for 15 bucks. Its not really bad because if you think about it, during a round of golf you dont hit your irons but one time each hole. Drive, iron, putt putt or Drive, iron, chip, putt. So not a whole lot of pain in taking them off and putting them back on.

Or if youre me its drive iron putt putt putt. :angry:

On one hole, the pin was right on a slope. So I went:

Drive,iron(to 3 ft from the green),chip,chip,chip,putt (hello reverse eagle aka double bogey:beat-up:)

I think I know which covers you're talking abt Bridges,I'll probably get them. OOOOR I could get a Revolver bag with the club securing feature thing. Then I gotta figure out what to do with my new TM bag doh!

Congrats on the new toys Autobot! Great shoes, too.

Man if you think the TM covers are bad you should try the Callaway FT-IZ cover. Worst cover ever designed. Hard to take off and almost impossible to put back on. I'll be getting some ZuZu's pretty soon.

I'll be getting some ZuZu's pretty soon.

Mind posting up a link?

I'm partial to a Stewie headcover for my driver, and modified Brian stuffed toy for my future hybrid! Actually I wouldnt mind a Bobafett one too:D

Only problem is, shipping is a whopping $25.95 each grrrrrr.

Hope that cut healed lol

Medic! I need a Medic! Somebody call 911!

At which point my gf says "Aw, hows your little wittle pinkie huh?" muahahaha.

I posted up a post round equipment report guys, check it out here

Back