Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone see the catch? Pretty amazing.
[YOUTUBE]rfa0g_vbtQs[/YOUTUBE]

If they are shooting for 2012 they mine as well get something for him now that can help the team then. They finally ditched Guillen today which is a start, maybe once Meche is healthy they can get rid of him too.

They have been shooting for two or three years down the road since the middle '90s. It's always the same story. I still root for them, but don't agree with how they go about doing things. Why not keep your good guys and bring in other guys (prospects) instead of getting rid of your good guys and bringing in prospects? We shan't get into why but it has something to do with $$$$$, and I don't want to bring up THAT subject again!

Ooooops, I think I just did, hehehe.

I think you Kansas Cityans will be happy with what Moore is doing. Baird sucked as a GM and made some really bad moves. I think if Yost can work some of the magic he did with the Brew Crew you might be in good shape. Sounds like you will have to do it without Grienke though. He came out today and said he is not happy.

SEATTLE | Zack Greinke isn’t sure he wants to endure the growing pains he knows are coming as the Royals gear up for another youth-based rebuilding plan.

It matters little that growing optimism surrounds numerous prospects currently percolating through the club’s farm system or that raves from outside the organization match in-house assessments for the first time in years.

Greinke greets it with a shrug.

“Every system has something,” he said. “The biggest problem is I have two more years on my contract. Are those guys supposed to make it up by the beginning of next year?”

Tell him, yes, some are projected to reach the majors next year, and Greinke just shakes his head. He seems a resigned skeptic dulled by the hard reality of too many losses over too many years.

“Very rarely,” he argued, “do guys come straight into the big leagues and make an impact, especially hitters. Just look at the top prospects in baseball. Delmon Young was one five years ago, and he’s finally starting to play well.

“Alex Gordon was one four years ago, and he might be starting to play well now. So the problem (with the Royals’ prospects) is that it’s not like as soon as they get here that it’s going to be instant (success). Maybe by 2014.”

Greinke lets that harsh assessment hang in the air for a moment before continuing.
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/05/2130939/royals-greinke-isnt-happy.html

It's always sad when a great young talent gets stuck on a bad team. Such skill all gone to waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this gets said all to often for different things but that may be the greatest catch I've ever seen.
Did everyone see the catch? Pretty amazing.
[YOUTUBE]rfa0g_vbtQs[/YOUTUBE]

I know this gets said all to often for different things but that may be the greatest catch I've ever seen.

Looks like spiderman jumping from building to building, WOW!

and on a sour note !*&^%$#@ catwalk!

they need a new stadium sooooo bad! the Trop is such an embarsement, not to mention its in St. Pete instead of Tampa!

Could the Rays get another No-hitter against them?

Blue Jays pitcher Brandon Morrow has 13k's 0 hits 1 walk through 7 innings pitched.

Im watching. He has some movement on that thing.

Oh man, nice effort by the kid.

Hill almost had it. I think he could of had it on natural grass.

ya thats true, those balls just bounce like crazy and are super fast. I played on one a few times in slowpitch softball last year that was worse than that and it sucked, the ball would bounce in the infield and end up to the outfielder, not to mention how fast it was on normal grounders. lol

great pitching perfomance no doubt but why does it keep happening to the Rays! :banghead:

that was awesome what happened in the reds cards game! for those they didnt hear Phillips of the reds went off on the cards in an interview calling them biaotchs and saying he hated them!

Rolens a beast! and cuerto up agaisnt the backstop throwing kicks! would have loved to have been sitting right behind the net for that!

Rolens a beast! and cuerto up agaisnt the backstop throwing kicks! would have loved to have been sitting right behind the net for that!

Baseball tonight is saying Cueto is probably going to get suspended but to me it looked like he was just trying to prevent himself from getting trampled. The whole thing was pretty cool. I loved seeing LaRussa and Baker getting into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back