Superfast 2.0 fairway vs. R11 fairway

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
Anyone tested both? Seems like the 2.0 is longer and higher and the R11 is shorter but probably more accurate. SF easier to hit off of the deck?

I have no idea Yahtzee but I'm very interested in all who have hit both.

Very interested in the results to these questions.

I have the R11 and love it. I haven't hit a SF fw yet, but plan to get some range time in during an upcoming demo day. I plan on going to golf galaxy sunday since the new TM irons will be in and I may just hit one on the LM.

I'm testing the SF 2.0 right now and there's a thread up about it, but have not hit the R11. The SF hasn't been the easiest thing to hit off the deck, but I am getting closer all the time. It's a cannon off the tee for sure.

I've hit both and I love the SF2.0. The R11 looks much better than the SF2.0 at setup, but the SF is like someone said a "cannon" off the deck or tee. You can probably work the R11 a little more, but I don't like the feel as well as the SF. Also.. I like the idea of using it off the tee if the driver is failing me on any given day.

I've hit both and I love the SF2.0. The R11 looks much better than the SF2.0 at setup, but the SF is like someone said a "cannon" off the deck or tee. You can probably work the R11 a little more, but I don't like the feel as well as the SF. Also.. I like the idea of using it off the tee if the driver is failing me on any given day.

But if you're only using it off the tee...that's waisting 1 of your 14 clubs. I can comment on this referring to the original superfast. The SF was longer off the tee (2* difference in loft) but not by much. I hit the r11 sweet spot better and have WAY better success with the r11 off the ground. The r11 is also significantly easier to control and is much more accurate. It looks nicer and has the added adjustability that the SF line lacks. In my opinion, the r11 FW is a better buy all around.

Tap before talk.

But if you're only using it off the tee...that's waisting 1 of your 14 clubs. I can comment on this referring to the original superfast. The SF was longer off the tee (2* difference in loft) but not by much. I hit the r11 sweet spot better and have WAY better success with the r11 off the ground. The r11 is also significantly easier to control and is much more accurate. It looks nicer and has the added adjustability that the SF line lacks. In my opinion, the r11 FW is a better buy all around.

Tap before talk.

I didn't say only off the tee. I simply like the fact that this club is so long off the tee as well. I haven't hit the R11 much, but I am the opposite of you. I for one hit the ball so much better off the turf and tee with the SF than the R11. I just fire away when on the tee and off the deck, I choke down a little bit for added control. I think it may be all mental with the R11 though. Maybe I will try the 4 wood instead of the 3.

Either way.... Yahtzee, I suggest you hit both because each of these two clubs offers different things for different players. Then make your decision on which is best for you.

I didn't say only off the tee. I simply like the fact that this club is so long off the tee as well. I haven't hit the R11 much, but I am the opposite of you. I for one hit the ball so much better off the turf and tee with the SF than the R11. I just fire away when on the tee and off the deck, I choke down a little bit for added control. I think it may be all mental with the R11 though. Maybe I will try the 4 wood instead of the 3.

Either way.... Yahtzee, I suggest you hit both because each of these two clubs offers different things for different players. Then make your decision on which is best for you.

Perhaps your swing is just better, haha. The r11 just feels heavier and more stable and I think that's what mentally helps me. I definitely agree both should be hit because they are both great clubs that offer different things.

Tap before talk.

I have hit both and preferred the R11. There are TONS of reviews on both of these clubs in their threads since THP sent them out to testers (both R11 & SF 2.0).

I am testing out the R11 5 Wood, and I have not had a chance to hit the SF 2.0 yet. I will say this that the R11 has plenty of distance. During my last round the R11 was only about 7 yards shorter on average than my current 3 Wood. There is more about this in the testing thread.

quick question.
Would the r11 4w adjusted 1* higher loft to 18* play virtually the same as the r11 5w adjusted 1* strong to 18*?

quick question.
Would the r11 4w adjusted 1* higher loft to 18* play virtually the same as the r11 5w adjusted 1* strong to 18*?

Your face angles would be slightly different via the asp changes.

--
tapatalk

Back