Women's Golf Grips

swong13

Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
I need to solicite some advise. :D

My wife has put me in charge of researching new grips for her clubs. She would prefer a soft, oversized grip. Did some searching on line and it appears that most "ladies" grips are undersized. The choices were VERY limited. Seems that "ladies grips" mean that they are small and colored. My wife has had hand surgery and is more interested in comfort than making a fashion statement.

Can men's grips be fitted to ladies clubs? Maybe by adding an extra wrap of tape?

Right now I am leaning towards the WinnLight Soft (7L5) grips for her clubs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Steven

I need to solicite some advise. :D

My wife has put me in charge of researching new grips for her clubs. She would prefer a soft, oversized grip. Did some searching on line and it appears that most "ladies" grips are undersized. The choices were VERY limited. Seems that "ladies grips" mean that they are small and colored. My wife has had hand surgery and is more interested in comfort than making a fashion statement.

Can men's grips be fitted to ladies clubs? Maybe by adding an extra wrap of tape?

Right now I am leaning towards the WinnLight Soft (7L5) grips for her clubs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Steven

There really is not much difference. Most ladies grips are softer and smaller due to smaller hands.

When I was fitted for clubs, my coach recommended I use standard sized grips for men because I have arthritis in one of my hands. If using my hand size, I was fitted to a Ping aqua grip which is smaller. I can't really tell any difference in the two. Hope that helps as far as size goes.

JB/KellyBo

Thanks for the answers.

-Steven

I know it's late to post to this thread but in case you haven't made a decision, I loooove Winn Grips, they are soft and very comfortable. I found I was always fiddling with my grips and never could get comfortable. After being fitted I found out that I am a mens standard grip and my hands are not very big. Once re-gripped I couldn't be happier or more comfortable. The mens standard grips slipped right on my clubs with no extra tape/adjustments needed.

Back