TaylorMade Forged irons: Coming next year?

I think the price point is huge too. If they dont price out the normal guy then they sell a ton of these. And thats assuming they look good too. Id love to see what they might look like.

great point OEM. i really feel like the forged arena is wide open in this country. mizuno has a lion's share of the market without much competition but if TM can come out with something that is priced around the same or cheaper....look out. callaway made a huge mistake bringing out the diablo forged at $999 for an 8 club set.....they just didn't sell.

great point OEM. i really feel like the forged arena is wide open in this country. mizuno has a lion's share of the market without much competition but if TM can come out with something that is priced around the same or cheaper....look out. callaway made a huge mistake bringing out the diablo forged at $999 for an 8 club set.....they just didn't sell.

I was going to ask if you hit Sethos lmao. I agree on Callaway, just too much money for that set as good as it might be. And from what I hear theyre not selling either. I like your point tc about an untapped market just waiting for another player. Maybe Taylor Made steps up and shows us something.

I was going to ask if you hit Sethos lmao. I agree on Callaway, just too much money for that set as good as it might be. And from what I hear theyre not selling either. I like your point tc about an untapped market just waiting for another player. Maybe Taylor Made steps up and shows us something.

i wish i could hit setho's....i also have another good friend back home that has them and he picked them up in favor of his mx300's so they've intrigued me a ton. there's no doubt that that market is ready for another player, i just hope they go about it intelligently and don't ask for the front door for them, it won't happen that way.

i'm also incredibly intrigued about the look and style of the iron. TM makes some attractive irons and i'm sure they'll step it up.

has anyone heard anything about these offerings at all?

I huge, but when the R9 irons came out their price point was set at 799.99 for steel shafts. My forged Mizzy's were set at a price point of 699.99 when released. While I agree that price is important, there are quite a few affordable forged sets that perform better than cast clubs in the same price range. I think if TaylorMade stays in the 699-799 range they will have a solid product, but if they venture into the 999-1299 range, it will be a let down on the sales sheet.

i wish i could hit setho's....i also have another good friend back home that has them and he picked them up in favor of his mx300's so they've intrigued me a ton. there's no doubt that that market is ready for another player, i just hope they go about it intelligently and don't ask for the front door for them, it won't happen that way.

i'm also incredibly intrigued about the look and style of the iron. TM makes some attractive irons and i'm sure they'll step it up.

Thats saying a lot that he ditched his Mizzies for the Diablos. I think I remember you saying he has always been a Mizzy guy right? I need to hit some forged irons, I dont think Ive ever hit any that I know of. I am now pondering forged irons and will seek them out if we have some at the outing.

Im super curious as to what these might look like. Burner themed? R9 maybe? R11?? haha jk TM guys! We need some pics!!

Thats saying a lot that he ditched his Mizzies for the Diablos. I think I remember you saying he has always been a Mizzy guy right? I need to hit some forged irons, I dont think Ive ever hit any that I know of. I am now pondering forged irons and will seek them out if we have some at the outing.

Im super curious as to what these might look like. Burner themed? R9 maybe? R11?? haha jk TM guys! We need some pics!!

yeah, he's always played mizzie's and still loves them, but he said the the DF offered the same feel, with a little more forgiveness and a little more distance. hard to beat that. i use to have some mx 23's and they felt wonderful, but i prefer a little extra forgiveness, you know, for those off days.....lol

yeah, i would think that they would be r9 tp theme'd but who knows. look how vastly different the r7's were compared to the r9's. and the 2009 burners blew away the older burner models in the looks department.

I believe they're Burner themed as that's the current cycle for TM. I think I might have saw a quick snapshot of them somewhere and they are modeled after the Japanese Burner forged set. I would love them to do the finish like the Adams CB2's or the X24's.

I believe they're Burner themed as that's the current cycle for TM. I think I might have saw a quick snapshot of them somewhere and they are modeled after the Japanese Burner forged set. I would love them to do the finish like the Adams CB2's or the X24's.

now you're talking spank, would love to see a dark finish like that.

If I were a betting man. I would say you are incorrect. The new Burners are set to be released soon by all accounts and these do not come out until the Spring.

If I were a betting man. I would say you are incorrect. The new Burners are set to be released soon by all accounts and these do not come out until the Spring.

I know the Burners are to be released next (I've been anxiously awaiting since I was fit for the '09's). So the assumption then is that the next Burners will still be cast.

ah sweet! any news on when?

I've heard 1 GI set, 1 CB, and 1 MB

I've heard 1 GI set, 1 CB, and 1 MB

you know anything else CL? i'm assuming they'll have kbs shafts, but anything concerning the finish color, styling?

Best looking iron EVER. Id LOVE to hit this club and if the new forged clubs look like this, mmmm.

burner-forged-001.jpg

dear lord that's a hawt stick!!! why do the japanese get such sweet options? and don't say "it's a different market", b/c something like this would be immensely popular here. i guess it's the price tag?

dear lord that's a hawt stick!!! why do the japanese get such sweet options? and don't say "it's a different market", b/c something like this would be immensely popular here. i guess it's the price tag?

It is a different market. Again, look at the top 5 in iron sales over the last 24 months. Certain things are apparent. Brands, forgiveness, and price point. Different markets cater to different clients.

Is that little birdie singing again?

Best looking iron EVER. Id LOVE to hit this club and if the new forged clubs look like this, mmmm.

burner-forged-001.jpg

God those are beautiful irons... I am stunned in a way that I have not been stunned in a LONG time.

Thats such a nice looking club and assuming it feels as good as it looks, I cant imagine that wouldnt sell here. Except for the $1200 price tag. They need to market this to the regular guy here in the US.

burner-forged-001.jpg

Those are really nice, a forged iron with some tech behind it, very nice!

Keep in mind everybody. That is a picture of a Japan released iron. According to TM that iron has no plans of coming to the US.

Keep in mind everybody. That is a picture of a Japan released iron. According to TM that iron has no plans of coming to the US.

And that sir, is a damn shame

And that sir, is a damn shame

yes, yes it is gus! and i still wouldn't mind an explanation on why we can't see these here.

Back