My Trip to Golf Galaxy

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
So as I posted before, I was heading to Golf Galaxy to try out some of the newer TM Ghost putters.

But before I tried those out, I did manage to score the TM Burner rescue 5H with a stiff shaft Ive been looking for.

SO I tried the new TM 110, nice feel, soft off of the club, but noticed the ball kind of hopping off of the face at on impact, so looked around some more.

Tried a few Odyssey putters, rolled ok, then my buddy grabbed a ping for me.

Rolled them in great, very soft and rolled very well and made a bunch of putts.

Well I just got home, and went to look up the putter info on line, and just found out that it is a WOMEN's putter..

The Ping faith Anser putter, I had no idea, doesnt really look like one.

What should I do? ON one hand, I putted great with it, has a nice grip and very soft feel, on the other, Im going to catch a ton of crap if I play a ladies club.

ANd of course im supposed to play tomorrow afternoon, no time to take it back in the am, and its the only putter I have

thoughts??

If it works for you, I'd use it. If it has a pink grip or something I'd change it probably- but outside of that just go with what works :) Who needs to know its a ladies putter?

So as I posted before, I was heading to Golf Galaxy to try out some of the newer TM Ghost putters.

But before I tried those out, I did manage to score the TM Burner rescue 5H with a stiff shaft Ive been looking for.

SO I tried the new TM 110, nice feel, soft off of the club, but noticed the ball kind of hopping off of the face at on impact, so looked around some more.

Well I just got home, and went to look up the putter info on line, and just found out that it is a WOMEN's putter..

What should I do? ON one hand, I putted great with it, has a nice grip and very soft feel, on the other, Im going to catch a ton of crap if I play a ladies club.

ANd of course im supposed to play tomorrow afternoon, no time to take it back in the am, and its the only putter I have

thoughts??

Put it in the bag and game it tomorrow. You didn't know it was a putter designed for women, maybe your playing partners won't know either. You may end up being surprised by your results. I wouldn't think that you would have an issue with it if you made every thing you looked at!

hahah sorry to hear that man. I've fallen for the faith putter a bunch of times on the practice green at Golf Galaxy.

yes true, I made the mistake of telling the guy that wasw with me, about what happened, so Im sure he will let the world know.

decisions, decisions

Should I be mad no one at the checkout said anything about it lol

is there a "mens" version of the same type of putter with the same inserts, etc? if so what is it?

game it! Once you start draining putts left and right, they'll have no reason to give you crap. However if you don't think you will be comfortable with it because it's the faith version, bring it back.

yes true, I made the mistake of telling the guy that wasw with me, about what happened, so Im sure he will let the world know.

decisions, decisions

Should I be mad no one at the checkout said anything about it lol

Nope, they had no clue what your intentions were. Could have been a gift for your significant other, daughter, niece, or whoever. They probably didn't even notice and if they did they probably figured that you knew what you were buying.

Can't put a price on confidence. If it works, use it!!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

so for all of those that said to keep it, if you did the same thing as me, would u?

Nope, they had no clue what your intentions were. Could have been a gift for your significant other, daughter, niece, or whoever. They probably didn't even notice and if they did they probably figured that you knew what you were buying.

well, they knew I was in there to try putters for me, cause I called and they set aside the new ghost tm 110 for me, cause they had none out, so I know at least one person knew...either way not their fault, even my buddy said he had no idea it was a womens, and he liked it too

so for all of those that said to keep it, if you did the same thing as me, would u?

I have used Jenn's putter for a few rounds before. It was an Adams A2os putter, with breast cancer pink ribbon grip.

If I had confidence and am putting better - yes I would use it. Now if it was all pink and pastels that is another story!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

thoughts??

If it works play it. Why worry about what others think. I would play my wifes clubs if they made me better. Your score card has no idea what the graphics on the putter look like.

is there a same club but in the mens versions? I looked at Ping's site, but its sort of hard to navigate, and golf galaxy's site doesnt give much on the specs.

this way I can try the mens version, and if it doesnt roll as well, then stick with the faith

well, they knew I was in there to try putters for me, cause I called and they set aside the new ghost tm 110 for me, cause they had none out, so I know at least one person knew...either way not their fault, even my buddy said he had no idea it was a womens, and he liked it too

And he'll be the one to rat you out? No more shopping with him. In another post I said I had no brand loyalty that I use what works best for MY game. If the Faith putter outperformed my gamer, yep, I'd make the switch.

A simple choice would be if you were able to game your putter and keep you putts per round at 32 or use a putter designed for women and average 29 putts per round what would you choose?

If you really like then go ahead and play it. Also, you didn't know it was a lady's putter, why should anyone else?

yeah no doubt, I agree with you, 'd love to try it on the course and then decide, but im sure if I tried to take it back after being used, I'd run into some issues

We got there 45 minutes before closing, so I didnt have a chance to try the new Nike putters, Im going to try them out tomorrow somehow, and if those arent better, just stick with the "faith"

If you really like then go ahead and play it. Also, you didn't know it was a lady's putter, why should anyone else?

yeah, I should have kept my mouth shut, but I dont know if I could play with it knowing, but then again, I need to shave stokes any way possible

yeah, I should have kept my mouth shut, but I dont know if I could play with it knowing, but then again, I need to shave stokes any way possible
I'd play pink shafted clubs with cute little ribbons on them if they lowered my scores. :)

yeah no doubt, it definitely rolled the best out of the ones I tried, I'll put it up agaisnt the Nike and thats it, if the Nike isnt better Ill bring the faith home

Umm, how exactly does Ping make a putter specifically for women? Seems like just a name change and a grip/headcover change. Headweight is even heavier than the Redwood series (345g in the Faith Anser vs 340g in the Redwood Anser), so the Faith Anser actually seems more appealing to me depending on how that insert feels.

yeah im not sure on the insert on the other series, I believe this ping was the only one I had tried

I'd rock it!!! If it works it works!!!!

Back