No weight transfer

MattyKrack17

MattyCaulk AkA DigDug
Reaction score
Handicap
my baseball back round is killing me!!! i dont transfer my weight and im staying on my back foot!!! i know im doing it and i cant stop!!! my practice swings are perfect!! im hitting more thin shots then ever!!!

any suggestions??

There are a couple of things to try. One is the old school Gary Player walk through drill. Just simply walk through your swing. The next is slow motion work to feel the move. Go to the top of your back swing and stop. From here move your nose over the ball in the down swing. Trying to cover the ball will get you weight moving forward.

Another way to work this on the range is start out hitting balls with your feet together. Feel where you weight is and moves to. Gradually work back into your normal stance duplicating the weight transfer feel.

There are a couple of things to try. One is the old school Gary Player walk through drill. Just simply walk through your swing. The next is slow motion work to feel the move. Go to the top of your back swing and stop. From here move your nose over the ball in the down swing. Trying to cover the ball will get you weight moving forward.

Another way to work this on the range is start out hitting balls with your feet together. Feel where you weight is and moves to. Gradually work back into your normal stance duplicating the weight transfer feel.

thanks for the replies, will try some of them drills out!!

Great drills for me to try as well. My typical miss (and let's face it, typical drive) is high and right. I mean HIGH. and I mean RIGHT. I'm terrible at the weight transfer, but can do it perfectly if I really slow down.

Looking forward to trying these out.

Matty, have you seen any improvement?

Save some soda cans and bring a couple to the range. Place one under your front foot and swing to the top. Crush the can on the downswing. Once you do it a couple times you can remove the can but still think "crush the can"

Guys, this post is almost 2 years old haha.

Oh man I didn't even notice that haha. I saw the person above me replied and followed. Maybe he is still having problems shifting his weight???

Oh man I didn't even notice that haha. I saw the person above me replied and followed. Maybe he is still having problems shifting his weight???

We wouldn't know. Matty hasn't been active for a while.

Hopefully he will be back soon and see some advice

Back