The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very excited about tonight's game.

Yeah, pretty boring...dunno if I'll even bother to watch it.

This games has all the makings to be one of the worst MNF games. The Giants are terrible and have injuries all over and the Rams arent much better. They are a young team with Bradford but Jackson is probably out and their receivers stink.

I forgot this mention this yesterday. When we were at the game yesterday day. We had 4 guys behind us that paid $500 a ticket for the game. Needless to say they had a little to much to drink before the game and then ended up getting kicked out before the half. They ended up about getting in a fight with each other over the two teams. That is one expensive half, I think it cost them about $2000 total for that half.

Yeah, pretty boring...dunno if I'll even bother to watch it.

Lots of shows starting tonight: Hawaii Five-O, Two and a Half Men, Two Broke Girls, PLUS the season finale of Hell's Kitchen. I don't think I'll be watching this game tonight.

Lots of shows starting tonight: Hawaii Five-O, Two and a Half Men, Two Broke Girls, PLUS the season finale of Hell's Kitchen. I don't think I'll be watching this game tonight.

Yeah, that was kinda my though process too.

When you put it like that it makes the MNF game look all the better haha

Haha, true!

I gotta watch Sammy for at least a little while, I'll tune in and out.

Hahaha. But I'd rather watch the shows! The game's still a dud!

I need to keep an eye out on the game tonight and hope Bradford and Bradshaw don't go HAM. I'm hoping Eli throws more off his backfoot than usual so the Rams D has a good game.

DVR Smalls, it was invented for nights like these.

Haha, true!

I gotta watch Sammy for at least a little while, I'll tune in and out.

I'll take a bad MNF over most shows any day.

I'll take a bad MNF over most shows any day.

I'm the same way really, Its been crazy nice to get MNF and not be coaching a stupid JV game on Monday's. I plan on savoring it lol

I need to keep an eye out on the game tonight and hope Bradford and Bradshaw don't go HAM. I'm hoping Eli throws more off his backfoot than usual so the Rams D has a good game.

DVR Smalls, it was invented for nights like these.

Only problem is that Jacqui closes at the golf course Tuesday-Saturday. We already DVR everything. Depending on who's playing in the game, maybe. But not tonight.

Only problem is that Jacqui closes at the golf course Tuesday-Saturday. We already DVR everything. Depending on who's playing in the game, maybe. But not tonight.

Well I have vested FFL interests for tonight. Plus I can't stand the GMen. H50 and Hells Kitchen will get my attention. 2.5 Men will get my curiosity for tonight with the whole Ashton thing. Then it's relegated back to the shelves.

I agree dude. Not saying he hasn't been good for rookie. He has been really impressive numbers wise. And he's made the usual rookie mistakes like most do. He's going to be a good QB no doubt.

Winning is the only stat that matters, ultimately. He is going to be a good to possibly great QB but he proves better than any other example that I can think of that a QB cannot win games all by himself no matter how well they play. I am in a wait and see mode, wait until the defenses figure out what he is doing and take measures to stop him and see how he makes adjustments and responds to those changes.

Winning is the only stat that matters, ultimately. He is going to be a good to possibly great QB but he proves better than any other example that I can think of that a QB cannot win games all by himself no matter how well they play. I am in a wait and see mode, wait until the defenses figure out what he is doing and take measures to stop him and see how he makes adjustments and responds to those changes.

Almost all rookie QBs do this. Aikman, Manning, etc...Im not sure what you have seen from Cam Newton as of yet (as far as watching the games), but the throws he is making have been incredible. While winning is the only thing that matters, when a team is as bad as they were, there is far more to it than that. Just as there was with the Cowboys and Aikman and Manning and the Colts. Newton is a leader and an athlete that the NFL has not seen very often. Most QBs that play his style dont have the intangibles of leadership (or havent) nor the touch that he has.

Almost all rookie QBs do this. Aikman, Manning, etc...Im not sure what you have seen from Cam Newton as of yet (as far as watching the games), but the throws he is making have been incredible. While winning is the only thing that matters, when a team is as bad as they were, there is far more to it than that. Just as there was with the Cowboys and Aikman and Manning and the Colts. Newton is a leader and an athlete that the NFL has not seen very often. Most QBs that play his style dont have the intangibles of leadership (or havent) nor the touch that he has.

I am going to disagree a little with this. To me, it looks like Cam has all of the on the field "tangibles". His game management will improve, but that seems to be the on the field issue he has right now. I would like to see him be more of a leader on the sidelines. The towel over his head thing needs to stop. Those small things really do make a difference.

I am going to disagree a little with this. To me, it looks like Cam has all of the on the field "tangibles". His game management will improve, but that seems to be the on the field issue he has right now. I would like to see him be more of a leader on the sidelines. The towel over his head thing needs to stop. Those small things really do make a difference.

The funny thing about that is, if you ask any person around him both now and/or in college, you will find that most will strongly disagree. Im not sure how much of him you have seen in terms of full games both in college and now, but he definitely does not struggle with leadership. His presence alone commands it and he is constantly walking the sidelines discussing routes with WRs as well as going over photos as they happen.

My point was similar, lets see what he is doing in week 12 or week 15 after Carolina is eliminated and nothing to play for, what type of leadership wil he provide then, and how will he react to a bad game after defenses have a chance to watch some film. I am not saying he hasn't been great, he has been phenomenal and I in fact thought he would be a very good QB in the NFL going back to before he was drafted. I am not being negative, just pointing out that how he responds to the challenges of playing on a losing team and how he takes charge of the team will make or break him in terms of having a big impact in the longer term. Anyone who watched Micheal Jordan in the early years in Chicago will see parallels here, Jordan was scoring 40 and 50 points a game and the Bulls were still losing more often than not, it wasn't until they added several other key players, Pippen, Rodman, etc., that they were able to win. Cam will need help to win, whether he gets that in Carolina or not is anyone's guess.

He actually has some pretty good parts around him. Two good RB's and a very good WR. They had lots of injuries last year all over the line both offense and defense. Im surprised they dont run the ball more and try to keep Cam from throwing so much.

The funny thing about that is, if you ask any person around him both now and/or in college, you will find that most will strongly disagree. Im not sure how much of him you have seen in terms of full games both in college and now, but he definitely does not struggle with leadership. His presence alone commands it and he is constantly walking the sidelines discussing routes with WRs as well as going over photos as they happen.

To be fair, the only bits I have seen are the National Championship game and Sunday's game. He just seemed to get a little detached once he started making some bad throws. I have not seen a ton of his body of work to know for sure.

Just watcher the Cam highlights on my plan period...

I don't care for the dude, but he is an athletic freak. This kid could be a blast to watch for years to come...

I still don't care for him though hehehe

To be fair, the only bits I have seen are the National Championship game and Sunday's game. He just seemed to get a little detached once he started making some bad throws. I have not seen a ton of his body of work to know for sure.

Having the opportunity to be around Cam, and on the sidelines for a good bit of Auburn's game last year, I will have to say that the last thing Cam Newton does when he makes a bad decision is get detached. I have never personally seen one person focus as much as he does, especially after a bad play. He is a natural leader, and his personality shows that. It's rare to see a rookie QB, especially one that was only a starter for one year come in to a Pro team, take command of the team, and be an on the field leader like he has been so far.

Just watcher the Cam highlights on my plan period...

I don't care for the dude, but he is an athletic freak. This kid could be a blast to watch for years to come...

I still don't care for him though hehehe

Maybe if he played on your team you might! I didn't care much for John Elway, but if he had played for Kansas City, I would have a different opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back