JumboMax Golf Grips

Hackin' Lefty

Grip it and Rip it
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried these? Saw an infomercial for them this morning and don't remember seeing anything here about them.

Here is the website: http://jumbomax.com

I saw that commercial last night and thought it is stupid. You would have to be Verryyyyyy handsy in your golf swing to need to quiet them that much. I midsize or even a regular jumbo grip will be better.

They had a booth at the Dallas golf show several weeks ago. I hit a driver into a net with one of them and it felt ok. Impossible to tell distance, ball flight, etc. I am fader/slicer with the driver and if I could actually see an improvement with that aspect I would game then. One of my uncles bought one while we were there to try on his driver....no word on how that is working for him so far though.

They had a booth at the Dallas golf show several weeks ago. I hit a driver into a net with one of them and it felt ok. Impossible to tell distance, ball flight, etc. I am fader/slicer with the driver and if I could actually see an improvement with that aspect I would game then. One of my uncles bought one while we were there to try on his driver....no word on how that is working for him so far though.

There are two causes really to the slice though coming outside in and cutting across the ball (no way this grip helps with that) and leaving the clubface open, which means you havent' released your hands enough through the ball, and fat grips would actually make this harder, since they quite the hands. If your miss was maybe a pull or a big draw then maybe these would work but I'm dubious.

Coolbreeze,

Before you trash a product on the forum, I have to tell you that I had a successful design and marketing business for 25 years, until the day Mike Kachlik, the inventor of JumboMax grips approached me to do some marketing for him. I decided to go to the range before I did anything for him just to see how his product actually performed. As I hit balls, there was an instructor giving a lesson right next to me. His student was spraying balls every which way. I was hitting every 8-iron at the pin. The instructor said to me, "If you hit every ball dead straight like that, you're gonna get bored playing golf." I called Mike and asked him if he needed a business partner.

We've all been told many times that you cannot play large grips, that they won't work. I used to believe that. I no longer do. I have seen thousands of people try them at demo days and most who try, buy at least one grip for their driver. I know it flies in the face of conventional thinking but we had at least 250 golf industry professionals try them at the PGA show in Orlando. They were blown away by how well they hit the ball. We started with 4 hitting bays and by the end of the day, we were using 10. People were coming by saying, "My buddy told me I have to try these". Laughter is usually the first response when people see them, then we can't pry the clubs away from them. The pros tell us, "I have to try to hit them crooked".

Mike Dobbyn just won the Mesquite Shootout Long Drive event using one of our grips. He told us he put twice as many balls on the grid using our grips. And of course, I now use them on all my clubs (R9 Supertri stiff, R9 TP 3-wood & Hybrids and Hogan FTX irons and they work great on all of them. I play to a 7, and I'm a 2-times a week golfer.

Dale Rehus
VP Sales and Marketing
JumboMax Golf Grips

Coolbreeze,

Before you trash a product on the forum, I have to tell you that I had a successful design and marketing business for 25 years, until the day Mike Kachlik, the inventor of JumboMax grips approached me to do some marketing for him. I decided to go to the range before I did anything for him just to see how his product actually performed. As I hit balls, there was an instructor giving a lesson right next to me. His student was spraying balls every which way. I was hitting every 8-iron at the pin. The instructor said to me, "If you hit every ball dead straight like that, you're gonna get bored playing golf." I called Mike and asked him if he needed a business partner.

We've all been told many times that you cannot play large grips, that they won't work. I used to believe that. I no longer do. I have seen thousands of people try them at demo days and most who try, buy at least one grip for their driver. I know it flies in the face of conventional thinking but we had at least 250 golf industry professionals try them at the PGA show in Orlando. They were blown away by how well they hit the ball. We started with 4 hitting bays and by the end of the day, we were using 10. People were coming by saying, "My buddy told me I have to try these". Laughter is usually the first response when people see them, then we can't pry the clubs away from them. The pros tell us, "I have to try to hit them crooked".

Mike Dobbyn just won the Mesquite Shootout Long Drive event using one of our grips. He told us he put twice as many balls on the grid using our grips. And of course, I now use them on all my clubs (R9 Supertri stiff, R9 TP 3-wood & Hybrids and Hogan FTX irons and they work great on all of them. I play to a 7, and I'm a 2-times a week golfer.

Dale Rehus
VP Sales and Marketing
JumboMax Golf Grips

By no means did I intend to trash talk your product, just in my experience, the bigger the grip I put on my clubs, the more trouble I have releasing my hands though the ball and I put a lot more balls to the left (lefty golfer).

Sounds like something THP'ers wouldn't mind testing.

I actually ordered a 2 pc set. I figured they had a no lose guarantee so why not? I am wanting to change the grip on my driver anyway

Coolbreeze,

Dale Rehus
VP Sales and Marketing
JumboMax Golf Grips

Very informative Dale, You have peaked my interest. How would I know which size to get? Also people arent really willing to spend alot on something that just might not work because of things we have been early on. Cost of grips then paying to put them on, If it doesnt work then pay again is costly for people like me. Has THP tried them out yet? Where do they sell? I was thinking about trying it out on my driver. I would be more than happy to try then post on it here. Thanks Dale

I actually ordered a 2 pc set. I figured they had a no lose guarantee so why not? I am wanting to change the grip on my driver anyway
I would like to know how it works out for you

Most people usually start by trying one or two grips, installing them on a long club like a driver or 3-wood and perhaps a scoring iron. If you don't like them, you haven't spent much at all. Check out our testimonials or video page. All the video was shot at various demo days around the country.

We also have a store finder on the site which maps our retailers, I would call ahead to check availability. Some shops stock them, others will order them for you. Or just buy a grip or two online at jumbomax.com to try them out.

Thanks for your interest!
Dale

I just ordered (2): LARGE JumboMax Super-Oversized Golf Grip

Will throw one on my driver and see what I think. 2 grips shipped for less than $20 when using coupon code "DALLAS2011" for 10% off. Good until 4/30/2011.

I just ordered (2): LARGE JumboMax Super-Oversized Golf Grip

Will throw one on my driver and see what I think. 2 grips shipped for less than $20 when using coupon code "DALLAS2011" for 10% off. Good until 4/30/2011.
Sweet will try that

Most people usually start by trying one or two grips, installing them on a long club like a driver or 3-wood and perhaps a scoring iron. If you don't like them, you haven't spent much at all. Check out our testimonials or video page. All the video was shot at various demo days around the country.

We also have a store finder on the site which maps our retailers, I would call ahead to check availability. Some shops stock them, others will order them for you. Or just buy a grip or two online at jumbomax.com to try them out.

Thanks for your interest!
Dale
Well i guess some of us are going to do that, Thanks Will be checking regular for progress on this thread

My miss is the snap hook...intriguing.

When I started playing last year, my miss was a hook as well. I am a short guy with small hands (so one would think a standard/small grip would be best for me) but have broken the majority of my fingers (long stories), therefore, was having pain in my hands. I was getting handsy and having a tough time with my grip. Long story short, my instructor re-gripped me to a Winn W-7 grip and it helped me tremendously. I can't comment on this brand of grip in particular but I can confirm that a larger grip makes my grip a lot more comfortable and allows me to lower my grip pressure....

When I started playing last year, my miss was a hook as well. I am a short guy with small hands (so one would think a standard/small grip would be best for me) but have broken the majority of my fingers (long stories), therefore, was having pain in my hands. I was getting handsy and having a tough time with my grip. Long story short, my instructor re-gripped me to a Winn W-7 grip and it helped me tremendously. I can't comment on this brand of grip in particular but I can confirm that a larger grip makes my grip a lot more comfortable and allows me to lower my grip pressure....
Thanks Doug...I'm working on my grip pressure...lessening it that is. :)

I just ordered a couple of samples for my son. We will give them a try and let you know how he likes them.

I think I might have one of these I got from the PGA Show. I just have to remember where I put it. If I can find it someone can have it for cost of shipping.

I think I might have one of these I got from the PGA Show. I just have to remember where I put it. If I can find it someone can have it for cost of shipping.

If you find it I'll pay for shipping it .It cant be that much. Then I will be as honest with feedback here . I just got back from looking for one around My Tampa area and Nothing.:crying:

Hey Guys this thread inspired me to talk to my instructor at Golftec. I tend to be a little handsy (if that is the word) I have a Pull draw when I miss hit. He said that a fatter grip would quite my hands. So I'm in search to test this Grip out.

If you find it I'll pay for shipping it .It cant be that much. Then I will be as honest with feedback here . I just got back from looking for one around My Tampa area and Nothing.:crying:

My wife found the grip this morning and is supposed to bring it to me when I meet her for lunch. PM me your shipping address and I will try to get it out this afternoon or latest Monday.

I play Winn Jumbo wraps on my driver and fairways woods. I don't know why, I just like the larger soft grips on those clubs.

I'd be willing to give these grips a try, Im just too lazy to order them. I have not seen them in stores.

I checked the mailbox when I arrived home late last night. The grips had arrived. I have to say I am impressed. I wear a medium/large glove and the medium and the large jumbo felt good in my hands. It was packed with some of the most concise easy to follow regripping directions that I have ever come across. Now the big decision I have to make is which one goes on my driver? I like 'em both!

Back