Adams Launches New Redline Set

I am on the fence about the looks, I have to agree with young Thainer that they have a box set look to them, maybe some in hand pics or demo day will change my mind

Same here regarding the looks. They remind me a bit of some older wilson sets. But, if they work the best for someone, looks should be a seconday factor in my opinion.

Same here regarding the looks. They remind me a bit of some older wilson sets. But, if they work the best for someone, looks should be a seconday factor in my opinion.

I completely agree!

I kinda like the 'matte' or 'brushed' look of these.....

Choices and options are always good and I don't mind a co. that has multiple releases during the course of a calendar year

Our rep brought these by to see the other day. Adams has yet to release a distance iron so this should fill that niche. These irons have tested (per the rep) out to be longer than the Burner 2.0. We liked the look of them in hand and should be carrying this set when it's released. Let me know if anyone is interested in buying - I'll hook you up with a deal - just PM me.

How did the grips feel? I had a set of Adams irons about a year ago and the stock grips were terrible. They just felt rough, like erasers. Hopefully they've improved on them.

I do love my Adams hybrids though. As you can tell by my sig pic, I'm still using one of the first hybrids they made (released in 2002 according to PGA Value Guide). I just can't kick them out of the bag. I've tried other newer hybrids, but they keep finding their way back in. They have job security at least until I have the opportunity and the budget to check out a Mashie.

I agree with everyone who is saying that they come out with releases too often. I feel like that may be one reason why I have never really considered looking at them until I recently hit a few of them. However, I do know that they weren't always like this....

Which makes me wonder if the management of the company are sufferent from an identity crisis...it almost seems like they dont know what they want to offer in a ways. Personally, since they state that they are the number one Iron in golf I wonder why they do not focus primarily on their hybrids, fairways, and drivers as I have found that alot are very fond of their stuff....but I dont hear much about their irons.

Also, do they feel like they have to compete with the bigger companies in releases? I swear everytime I turn around callaway, nike, and taylormade have something that is new or is goign to be out soon....

I would like to see there be one new club a year like most of you but on the flipside, I feel like when I look at the new clubs that adams comes out with and their suff from the past I think that they HAVE changed something...then I look at taylormade for instance and I see the burner Irons and the burner 2.0 irons and think to myself....what did they change?

Yeah the looks on these are simple and understated but hey if it works. When I heard the name Redline I instantly thought of the old BMX company Redline.

I'm more interested in those A12 irons they're coming out with ... the hybrids in this set look a little clunky.

Just from the photos they remind me of my a7 OS. But too tell you the truth they really look like the A3. Kind of bland design but if they perform like patty says(farther than the 2.0s) then looks shouldn't be an issue. I still love the look of the V3 set.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

I have the A3OS set now and I do like them but they definitely are missing that "WOW" factor

How did the grips feel? I had a set of Adams irons about a year ago and the stock grips were terrible. They just felt rough, like erasers. Hopefully they've improved on them.

They probably haven't changed from last year. The Adams stock grip is a Golf Pride grip (the Golf Pride Tour Velvet), but has ADAMS stamped on it. Dennis (the husband) tell me the rep was by yesterday and got a sneak peek at the Idea Pro A12s. Those will have a different grip. They will be the Golf Pride Multi-compound grips in white/black.

These are the replacements for the A7 line.

I'm more A7OS-oriented, and was confused by this statement. I spoke with an Adams rep today and he confirmed that the V3 is the A7OS replacement - that is clearly their game improvement line. I bagged A4OS last year and today hit the A7OS and V3 and the similarity and evolution are clear. I think Adams did a great job with the V3, although not crazy about the looks.

I'm more A7OS-oriented, and was confused by this statement. I spoke with an Adams rep today and he confirmed that the V3 is the A7OS replacement - that is clearly their game improvement line. I bagged A4OS last year and today hit the A7OS and V3 and the similarity and evolution are clear. I think Adams did a great job with the V3, although not crazy about the looks.

BarryG - you're correct. The A7OS is the GI line, but the A7 line was a line for the mid-handicapper and that's why these replace the A7 (not the A7OS).

AND - we have them in stock now. If you're interested - PM me and I can get you a coupon. We're getting it ready to go up on the site soon - I'll post a link in the next few days.

BarryG - you're correct. The A7OS is the GI line, but the A7 line was a line for the mid-handicapper and that's why these replace the A7 (not the A7OS).

AND - we have them in stock now. If you're interested - PM me and I can get you a coupon. We're getting it ready to go up on the site soon - I'll post a link in the next few days.

UNBELIEVABLE set of irons. Thats all I can say. I would game them in a heartbeat! High, straight and pretty long too. The feel is unbelievable.

JB- Theyre 699.99

SO are these the Adams version of distance irons??

SO are these the Adams version of distance irons??

Considering that the ad campaign for these irons has Jamie Sadlowski in it talking about how far he hits these irons, I'd say that's an accurate statement.

I'll talk more about them in the post-Outing thread, but Thainer is very correct.

They are Adams' distance iron, btw. They are claiming they are longer than the 2.0's.

This has been my favorite iron set to hit this year. I keep coming back to them for feel, trajectory, and distance. I am iffy on the hybrids not because they aren't good, I just like some others more. Just another reason to hit as much as you can. This is an easy set to overlook.

I need to get my hands on a set of these to test, a buddy of mine that lives over seas has a set and he said he smokes them, anywhere from 10-15 yards longer than his TM Burner 1.0 set!

This redline set was a surprise , as I hit the 6iron and the 4hybrid in the set at the THP outing and that 6 iron just begged to be hit , I it long straight . ( just wish I would of brought my Adams V3's down from my room to compare these with )
I hit a full bucket of balls with that 6 iron , these have a very nice feel when hit !
Interested in your review of these Hawk , as we talked a bit about them the next evening .

Rather than start an entirely new thread and without cluttering up Hawk's review thread, here are my new irons!

5817289620_305f39838d_z.jpg

5816722755_22cf7d0cd0_z.jpg

How could I not get the red New Decades? My hurried pictures don't do these justice. Only took about a week to get here from Adams after Blind9 put the order in. I was honestly expecting them next week. Time to get em dirty!

Back